Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 16-07-13, 13:05   #21
Saint Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
I doubt it has anything to do with your gaming skills. When I first heard of the terms "no scratch" & "no medipack runs" I thought such a feat would be impossible. But studying the games overtime you realize that a majority of levels in the classics can be completed no scratch/minor health loss, if you are able to manipulate enemies & minimise other damage spots using certain bugs or other tricky maneuvers that have been discovered over the years. Plus if you are willing to reload your game countless times, repeating the same damn tedious section again lol, success should follow.

I think that might be why actually, because I hadn't played TR2 as much I'd played the other games. I did manage to get all 48 secrets though which I was pleased with
Saint Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 13:48   #22
tomee

Are you just facing them without trying to dodge them and keep shooting and healing till you kill them? If yes, then I can understand,but there are a lot of ways to manipulate enemies to your advantage.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 18:10   #23
Saint Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Are you just facing them without trying to dodge them and keep shooting and healing till you kill them? If yes, then I can understand,but there are a lot of ways to manipulate enemies to your advantage.
Mainly it's when I'm in the boat in Venice and a guy starts shooting me non-stop, and by the time I get out the boat, swim to the ledge, get out and shoot him, then Lara's health is already nearly gone.

I know Venice is only the second level but that's where all my Medipacks get sucked away quickly.

I think the furthest I've ever got without cheating is Tibetan Foothills, where the enemies' guns become more powerful.

Genuinely don't think I could finish the game without using the medipacks cheat I can't get past the traps in Temple of Xian without taking a LOT of damage...

Last edited by Saint Sophie; 16-07-13 at 18:12.
Old 16-07-13, 18:42   #24
Shirley_Manson

You know what I do? Jump over the enemy's head and roll in the air (a lot)!
In Venice, you have to time your jump out of the boat, just shoot from a distance, or run behind enemies back, there is multiple tactics.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 19:26   #25
ThatToastyBass
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
In Venice, you have to time your jump out of the boat, just shoot from a distance, or run behind enemies back, there is multiple tactics.
In fact, I have more success in rushing them and staying close with lots of changes in direction/jumping. I like to try to lure enemies around a building or particular section, because it allows a more exciting gunfight and arguably more ease in getting a few shots in before the next evasive move. From what I see on YouTube walkthroughs, many people seem to inexplicably try to shoot the enemies as quickly as possible, accepting the taking of hits in the process.

In fact the more I think, the more I am surprised anyone runs out of medipacks in this game.
ThatToastyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 20:46   #26
Saint Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
I generally do that too, maybe I'm just not quick enough hehe when I next do a run of TR2, I'll try and do it without the medipack cheat. Poor Lara, all that rolling in the air

It's actually possible to complete Venice without using the boat at all, as it is possible to complete Tibetan Foothills without the snowmobile (I've not tried either). So maybe I just won't bother using the boat
Old 17-07-13, 09:54   #27
peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Sophie View Post
I generally do that too, maybe I'm just not quick enough hehe when I next do a run of TR2, I'll try and do it without the medipack cheat. Poor Lara, all that rolling in the air

It's actually possible to complete Venice without using the boat at all, as it is possible to complete Tibetan Foothills without the snowmobile (I've not tried either). So maybe I just won't bother using the boat
I'd recommend using shortcuts and bugs to skip the parts you don't need to do.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-13, 11:32   #28
EscondeR

^ So much for bothering to "play" a game then
EscondeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-13, 12:09   #29
Megalith

No, thanks to the generous save system i always end up with lots of medipacks in dragon's lair.
Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-13, 12:47   #30
ThatToastyBass
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
No, thanks to the generous save system i always end up with lots of medipacks in dragon's lair.
Same. In fact, if I happen to fall below 5-6 large packs at any time, then I worry
ThatToastyBass is offline   Reply With Quote