Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 29-06-12, 05:24   #41
bekim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider99 View Post
Good title + question.

I like Lara because she's something unique, i mean, she's so adventurous, she do everything to finish that she start, she's brave at all in all games, lava,enemy,traps many things she survived.
I don't like her just because of stupid boobs.
I just like Lara because she's awesome character,when someone from my class tell me i'm stupid while play TR because it's Lara, not male, but she's so awesome, i enjoy every her adventure.
Also from my conversation few days ago, she's bitch, and i like her!
Remember scenes from TRC with Larson and Pierre.
AOD Lara for me was best, she's so "dangerous bitch" as she said.
And i like Lara because of her special moves at all, all moves are cool and make TR more interesting, and about texture, and so if it's nude, who matter?
Also it's India temple from long time ago, and it have sense if some old people made it, maybe they didn't know for clothes, just think.
So that's my story.

i like tomb raider because , she reminds my childhood,and shes world wide
and truly i cant explain why .But i like her
bekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12, 07:12   #42
XNAaraL

Default Sex appeal

Every woman wants to be like Lara. Lara influenced women. Why? Because Lara made sex appeal appear to be a powerful weapon, which it is. Women wanted to have that same appeal, or that same power.

The only women that have sex appeal are the women that use it. No woman that doesn't embrace her womanhood has sex appeal. They may be pretty, but they aren't sexy. You have to use your natural appeal as a woman to your advantage.

A lot of women don't use their sex appeal simply because they think they aren't sexy. But this is not true. Sexy is something we are born with. Over the years, women have slowly grown away from the things that make us a woman. Some of this can be blamed on the feminist movement. Lots of feminists carried themselves in masculine ways. They didn't wear makeup, they cut their hair short, and they dressed like men. They carried themselves as if there was something wrong with being perceived as a woman. It was like they were ashamed of their womanhood.

Beauty is a power, and Lara know to use it.

Lara can wear anything that men can. She act just like men do. She didn't wear makeup. But she keep always here hair in excellent shape and well cared for. And Lara has many sex appeal. Therfore i like Lara. That's what it is. Lara has sex appeal and she is full of energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampi View Post
So Who Is Lara Croft?
It seems that this is a rewrite of the character Lara Croft.
I wonder if this last business movements between Square Enix-EIDOS-Crystal Dynamics and all new technologies at their disposal, have made the franchise think/plan/contemplate a new beginning.
A new future.

I hope this is the case.
I hope to revitalize the entire series and bring action and the spirit that forged this game first day and so many years is on the market and so many other developers of video games has inspired.
I just wish that they focus their ideas and create a continuous character, with face and eyes.
No more ups and downs, and abrupt changes.
You must draw a line and have clear thoughts.

Who you think who is Lara Croft and Tomb Raider.
Her guns? Her body? Her face? The adventures? A dark game with hazards? A game of puzzles? A weapons game? Her past?
All of this together?

I'm a little confused. I always thought it was a game of puzzles and adventure, a character: a sexy Lara Croft and her two guns.
Extras??? What you want...

[IMG]http://i27.************/24n39cz.jpg[/IMG]
Lara for the 15th anniversary showdown

Image by Toby Gard

Is this Lara Croft?
Or is this Katniss from the hunger games?

Last edited by XNAaraL; 29-06-12 at 08:08.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12, 08:36   #43
bekim

well answered there

crystal dynamics may have a surprise for us, maybe they'll turn lara from a tomb hater to a tomb addicted , make her stronger than in images.
Thia is a reboot , and its not the last series thank god .
maybe she will wear those classic clothes again.

We think crystal dynamics don't bother, but maybe they have an eye on us

I HOPE SO.
bekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12, 09:59   #44
Adrenaline

Toby was a perv. >_> Or was he? I heard he quit because people sexualized Lara too much?

I love Lara because when I was in my mummys tummy, She played TR1 All the time, And then when I was born, I played tr2. I was only 2 or 3. Tomb Raider/Lara croft is a part of me now. I feel connected to her in amazing ways. Like a link. She's adventurous, smart, strong, powerful, sassy and witty, and an action packed bitch. I love her.

@XNAAraL yes, that is Lara. (duh?)

Last edited by Adrenaline; 29-06-12 at 10:01.
Adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12, 11:04   #45
XNAaraL

I am not stupid I know, she is Lara.
But i don't like the new game concept. The feeling are like the hunger games, and she looks like Katniss.

http://media.salon.com/2012/03/hunge...s1-460x307.jpg
http://www.celebuzz.com/wp-content/u...01-340_490.jpg
http://www.altfg.com/Stars/photo-act...s-everdeen.jpg
http://mockingjay.net/wp-content/upl...725.jpg?9d7bd4

Or Katniss Everdeen looks like Lara Croft

Last edited by XNAaraL; 29-06-12 at 11:22.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12, 11:53   #46
Scottie

I do not care whether the name of the play figure is Lara or Indiana. I like the concept of the game. I don't like it to play with more than one Person. And I don't like a few other things. Therefore Tomb Raider (and Indiana Jones) is the best concept for my personal requirements.

And I was in seventh heaven as I discovered the Custom Level-Scene in 2005
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-12, 06:56   #47
Boobandie

People always say I play Tomb Raider because I want to marry Lara Croft, which isn't true. I'm not attracted to her in the slightest, what I love about her is her personality. She manages to be strong, powerful, witty and independent all the while maintaining her ladylike class. When I play Tomb Raider Lara almost vanishes from the screen and I become the adventurer, I took her on as a role model when I was 4 and have never regretted the decision.

Last edited by Boobandie; 24-07-12 at 06:59.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-12, 23:59   #48
Hiroyuki

I like Lara because she's cute and moves well, prior to TR I'd played games like Quake and Half Life where your character is more like a Dalek, incapable of using their hands for anything other than holding a phallic gun and stumped by any obstacle higher than eye level! Lara's boob size doesn't bother me but I am a bit disturbed by her inclination to aim her guns at anything that moves, be it friend, foe, or endangered species!
Hiroyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-12, 03:27   #49
Tyrannosaurus

People who don't like the TR games really just don't get Lara's appeal. They think it's because of her tits or some other banal reason. Do they know of the enormous female fanbase she's garnered, or that a good portion of her male fanbase is gay?

I grew up with Lara Croft, so to me she's one of my childhood heroes. I liked her because she was a badass archaeologist/adventurer, and I loved her games. I still play the original series. I never cared much for the jokes that the magazines and nay-sayers said about her appearance or the reason for her fans' devotion. Her character mattered more to me.

Last edited by Tyrannosaurus; 29-07-12 at 03:28.
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-12, 08:23   #50
Drone

Lara is the best. That's why. She's not some dumb bimbo. She's badass and tough and feminine at the same time.
Drone is offline   Reply With Quote