Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 30-04-12, 17:11   #1
tomekkobialka

Default Good idea? Or no good idea?

Some of you may have heard of my TR1-3 soundtrack rerenders...and I thought to myself: "So many people complain about TRA not doing justice to TR1...maybe the soundtrack has something to do with it?"

Then I thought...If I McCree-nise Troels's soundtrack a bit, would TRA feel more like Tomb Raider? Ie. Core Tomb Raider?

I had a little go - I listened closely to the main theme and tried to recreate the main theme as NATHAN might've wrote it back in 1996...or at least close to that date anyway. Nathan used synthesized instruments, Troels used real instrument samples. All I had to do was to 'replace' the sampled instruments with synthesized, and this is what I have done.

So, which version of the TRA theme do you prefer? My version or Troels's version?

If you think this unrender thing is a good idea, I might consider unrendering some more tracks...
tomekkobialka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 18:58   #2
kunoichi

I myself think anniversary soundtrack was brilliant, paying homage to TR1 yet sounding fresh and unique.

But anyways, I also liked your music. Nice going
kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 19:03   #3
laravision

I would like to hear some unrendering given to the Bear/Raptor theme, as I think they were rather weak in Anniversary imo.

Last edited by laravision; 30-04-12 at 19:22.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 23:29   #4
musicmaestro10

Smile

Dodgy ground for me to be open mijded oj as that theme means so much to me ;__;! Your new version, I have to say, is very impressive. However, as I said already it really does mean A LOT to me so I have to be honest and stick byvmy beloved original. I love the idea though and seeing it done with other tracks woupd be awesome !
musicmaestro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 14:51   #5
tomee

You don't have to ask. Go for it.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 15:56   #6
ZIP2010

Amazing. I'd like to see more, go ahead
ZIP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 18:41   #7
TippingWater

I really love your version, Troels version is a bit too . .much for my ears .
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 18:48   #8
tomekkobialka

Woo, a lot of feedback lately!

I'll definitely consider rewriting some of the 'new' melodies (e.g. cinematic mixes, T-Rex theme etc.)
Old 06-05-12, 19:23   #9
-Roli-

Just heard your TRA main theme. Man, that's better than the original TRA one o.o!

Reminds me of the "alpha" version of TR Movie main theme & main theme (First one starts from 1:44 ) Maybe you could improve your main theme a bit similar to this, more "powerful" one

Last edited by -Roli-; 06-05-12 at 19:34.
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 20:51   #10
tomekkobialka

Thanks, Roli; never knew there existed such a terribly synthesized version of the TR theme! Although I really love the Cradle of Life main theme as well...

I just started experimenting with the T-Rex theme...and I've finished! It is really just the same thing playing over and over again...in other words, "copy and paste"! I made two versions - one with choir and one w/o, as I wanted you to hear what kind of a difference a choir can make to a battle theme. And note, every single instrument in my version is synthesized...apart from the choir 'sweep' near the end, which was sampled.

Have a listen!