Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 20-11-08, 16:27   #1
2WheelPilot

Default Conserving Ammo

I'm a TR newbie, with TRA being my first foray into the TR universe. And I'm pretty sure I'm missing something basic. I made it through the first level (Mountain Caves), but by the time I made it to the pool area in "City of Vilcabamba" (and, of course, encountered the bear), I had two rounds of ammo left. Needless to say, that didn't do the job. It seems to take way too many rounds to dispatch the wolves. I've read that Lara is a notoriously bad shot at long ranges. Maybe that's my problem. I try to engage at long distances, and usually the wolf doesn't even respond. Should I get closer before firing? How many rounds should it take to dispatch a wolf? How many for a bear? Anybody got any good tips on conserving ammo?

Thanks.
2WheelPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-08, 16:33   #2
Obscure

Conserving ammo? Lara has unlimited ammo so with the pistols you can take out any of the enemies without worry. You shouldn't have any other weapons by the time you get to City of Vilcabamba so I'm not too sure what you mean by conserving ammo.
Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-08, 16:51   #3
2WheelPilot

Really? Well, dang! Don't I feel stupid. Right before the bear started after me, I noticed that the ammo count was 2. I thought that was all I had. Otherwise, why would I need to know the count? I can only guess that it's so that you can know when to manually reload to avoid reloading delays.
Old 20-11-08, 16:57   #4
Obscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelPilot View Post
Really? Well, dang! Don't I feel stupid. Right before the bear started after me, I noticed that the ammo count was 2. I thought that was all I had. Otherwise, why would I need to know the count? I can only guess that it's so that you can know when to manually reload to avoid reloading delays.
Once you reach 0 she automatically reloads, other than that if you have the guns out and press 'E' she reloads. If you have PS2 I'm afraid I don't know the button to reload but I'm sure someone will tell you in a minute.
Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-08, 17:16   #5
2WheelPilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscure View Post
If you have PS2 I'm afraid I don't know the button to reload but I'm sure someone will tell you in a minute.
I have a PS2. And the manual. I can look it up. I'm not here to ask questions I can get answered in the manual. I'm a big proponent of RTFM, Read The Friendly Manual.
Old 20-11-08, 18:07   #6
Lud's Gate

The other weapons don't have unlimited ammo, so it'd look odd to have a number for the other weapons and no count for the pistols. And also yeah if you want to reload
Lud's Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-08, 21:52   #7
AlexStark7

you have to press triangle while holding your guns. That's all
AlexStark7 is offline   Reply With Quote