Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 17-09-14, 13:02   #21
Rai

Hard call, imo. Lara from 1-3 was almost just an avatar with just a few details. Her book had blank pages for fans to fill in, which was nice in its way. Though, I didn't always like the cutscene version if I'm honest. Though that's fair play too as the protagonist doesn't always have to be likeable.

I liked LAU Lara, though Legend Lara was a little too perky 'jolly hockey sticks'.

ReLara is still too new to make a proper judgement. CD are trying to show different sides to their character and I appreciate that. I liked seeing a more vulnerable side. I'm looking forward to seeing what Rise has to offer in her character development. I think she could be the best of CD's Lara

It think TR4 Lara is the best of CoreLara as it showed different sides to her in subtle ways. So far this is the Lara I feel shows the best 'grown up' and well-rounded character.

Last edited by Rai; 17-09-14 at 13:27.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 13:27   #22
scottconny

I really liked Legend Lara for some reason. IMO she looks better than in Anniversary and Underworld.
scottconny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 13:34   #23
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottconny View Post
I really liked Legend Lara for some reason
imo , Lara said many of her best lines in Legend
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 15:04   #24
mizuno_suisei

A tie between the TR2/3/4 FMV Lara's actually. Her smile while shooting at the jeep's windscreen post TR2 Ice Palace, "I make my own luck" from TR4...too hard to chose!
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 15:40   #25
memory hunter

I first played TRII when I was five; the hard controls added to her perfection and I loved it. As I never play games in sequence, I played Anniversary when I was seven and she was the one I adored the most;calm and dignified, remarkably composed, focuses on her work with infinite patience, insightful and logical; the game mingles old and new and a perfect collection; it has Croft Manor.
My favourite is Legend;incredible, witty, smart, daredevil, courageous, kind and merciful simultaneously(although she should have killed Amanda before she managed to shout"pull out the sword!!!") and absolutely sounds "THE" Tomb Raider to me.
The reboot however, I did not enjoy the """PLOT""" as an origin story; it was a complete cliché; I mean really, how many of you have heard stories about being stranded on an island and not being able to make it out of there due to some curse or something? It would be a lie to say you have never read a story, or watched a movie or even TV series with this plot; they are innumerable. But now, how many of you have heard about this story before? A mother and her nine-year-old daughter from an affluent family are travelling by their private jet, the plane crashes in Himalayas due to an engine fire; they "survive" and take refuge in an old Nepalian temple, compelled by curiosity young Lara activates the mysterious dais and.... her mother vanishes; what has happened to her mother?Seriously, not regarding the ending and some other things of less value, the plot was absolutely unique and intriguing; I personally had not heard anything similar to this before. But reboot?
It insulted the character, implying Lara is the character we know because "SHE WAS THROWN INTO A CATASTROPHE" not that adventure and visiting dangerous locations is an integral part of her character; during the plane crash she said"I don't want to close my eyes." which shows how brave she is; but this game, please don't misunderstand it was a good game but not as a TR; if you changed the the title to"Dark Island" and Lara to"Hilda White", you will never ever understand that this game is TR. I hope they'll have much more to offer in ROTTR.
memory hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 16:14   #26
just*raidin*tomb

I like Legend Lara a lot. She had some of the fun sarcastic elements that classic Lara had plus some more realistic human elements thrown in. It was a fun/badass mix and I remember enjoying her attitude a lot in that game. Something I hope reboot Lara will eventually turn into.

When Lara recovers she needs more sarcasm and fun. Though that may be difficult considering the weight she carries with all the men she's had to kill.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 16:34   #27
Seth94

For me (Best to worst):

1. Classic Lara - there's no doubt about it tbh. Classic Lara had the most stubborn, hard core attitude and the voice actors were excellent too.

2. LAU Lara - unfortunately too emotional for me, but certainly better than reboot Lara.

3. TR2013 Lara - well the less said the better. Don't like her personality or the changes made to the physical appearance of this Lara.
Seth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 16:48   #28
memory hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth94 View Post
For me (Best to worst):
3. TR2013 Lara - well the less said the better. Don't like her personality or the changes made to the physical appearance of this Lara.
Exactly, she just did not have Lara's personality and those who say she has not developed yet, no that's not an excuse. I'm not expecting her to laugh in face of danger and somersault like a gymnast, but there are some fundamental traits in a character that will be recognisable whether it's a reboot or not; this Lara was so unsure of herself, so inward and timid and she said "I HATE TOMBS!!!!"; all of these heavily contradicts her personality in previous games, really; and it has nothing to do with evolving into a survivor!
memory hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 17:50   #29
xxnicolexx21

I actually like the anniversary lara the renders where brilliant and she looked amazing !
xxnicolexx21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 17:50   #30
scottconny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
imo , Lara said many of her best lines in Legend
Yes she really did. She was witty and sarcastic, but serious and daring. Shame the actual game was too short.

The reboot lara is very like myself in personality, so i kinda like her too. Im 21 and i have just Finished college and moved out and have my first job in the middle of nowhere(it actually looks like yamatai). I find it challenging sometimes but I do my best and am learning new things. And i feel like i am growing up very quickly now. I can definatly relate to this lara and how she felt during her experience, although I didnt have men shooting at me every 5 minutes

Last edited by scottconny; 17-09-14 at 17:51.
scottconny is offline   Reply With Quote