www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 05-08-17, 06:42   #61
HarleyCroft
Student

Lookin' good!

I thought adding her holster leg straps was the best feature within the whole remaster (bugged me since '99!) but the secrets counter definitely topped that!
..any chance of tweaking the rope swinging mechanic? Or is the project mostly cosmetic?

Last edited by HarleyCroft; 05-08-17 at 06:45.
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 08:21   #62
Peo86
Hobbyist

Great job with the HD textures. Cleopatra's Palace will be nice place in this project.

You wrote, that this project is 1:1. But... will the bodies of the killed enemies disappear? In my opinion the disappearing bodies in the original game were a bad idea.
Peo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 14:04   #63
-Roli-
Relic Hunter

We are going to take a look on the ropes, but we can't promise anything just yet.
-----------
The remaining bodies would have been a problem in this game, especially in the Desert Railroad level, because the rails are nothing else, just animated textures, so the bodies would lie in one place.

Last edited by -Roli-; 05-08-17 at 14:07.
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 14:23   #64
HarleyCroft
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Roli- View Post
We are going to take a look on the ropes, but we can't promise anything just yet.
-----------
The remaining bodies would have been a problem in this game, especially in the Desert Railroad level, because the rails are nothing else, just animated textures, so the bodies would lie in one place.
Sounds great!

I've always thought it was cool in games when bodies disappear once off screen! It's probably the most graceful way to get rid of them, as opposed to fading away or even blinking away like in AoD! (What the heck was that all about? )
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 15:11   #65
disapearing-boy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Roli- View Post
-----------
Would it be possible to copy Lara's train death to the Ninjas; a custom death animation if they land on the ground could (maybe?) be scripted.
Old 09-08-17, 08:27   #66
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

It looks so good ! It's going to be so nice to play it !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-17, 14:31   #67
Yeauxleaux
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
Why do people want to see AOD Lara everywhere ? It is said in their project description that they want to remake the game as close as possible to the original one. So that means classic outfit and since it's HD it's like obvious that the best choice for the outfit will be an outfit that looks like the FMV one.

Besides that, correct me if I'm wrong, but someone has created the whole classic FMV outfit for the project, it wouldn't be very nice to this person to just delete it to put an out of place AOD Lara.

They should keep the classic FMV outfit if that was their idea. Asking to recreate all of the FMV with AOD Lara is kind of disrespectful too, they're not here to achieve all your "crazy" wishes about the game. They're here because they want to create their remake and share it with us.

Don't get me wrong I love AOD Lara and I don't mean to be rude or something but we're kind of talking about a TR4 remake.
Personally I'd prefer Anniversary Lara. However I understand them not using that model, since it's not a CORE Design one and they want it to be authentic.

Still, I was never a fan of the FMV model if I'm being honest. I actually find it hideous, with those ridiculously big alien-esque facial features and her even more exaggerated body proportions.

I don't mean this as an insult to the people behind this remaster, they're just working with what they have I guess. The environments really do look beautiful though, I love how the levels look.
Old 29-08-17, 05:34   #68
Wolfeinsamer
Hobbyist

SRE Croft.
hello.
say please. who creates these textures. and when will?
Tomb Raider 4 The Last Revelation HD Remaster.
http://raidingtheglobe.com/more/tomb...-revelation-hd
Wolfeinsamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26   #69
bellyache
Hobbyist

I can't wait to play this! TR:TLR was my favorite game of the series and going by the pictures you guys are doing an amazing job! You guys are awesome, seriously.
bellyache is online now   Reply With Quote