Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 23-07-17, 16:48   #21
JohnCroft25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Oh, and when Lara throws grenades during the boss fight, Rutland says "Hey, you have some, too! Mine are bigger!" which comes out wrong.
...They are still talking about grenades, right? Another ''dirty'' dialogue from Rutland's part comes, when he says ''Too bad Lara you are so unfriendly. You, me and Amanda would make a great threesome'' ()
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 17:42   #22
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
You've perfectly described Judith for me .

I know that the way Lara talks in the headset banter doesn't make a lot of sense considering her activities and actions while doing so (and the worst is when Lara's in-game grunts interferes with her dialogue) , aside from that I think Keeley is the absolute best voice to have ever graced the character of Lara Croft , her voice is so wide-ranged , expressive and controllable , that is almost matched by one actress from the Core era who was Jonell and Jonell only .
Yeah, Judith is similarly over the top, but at least TR II and III don't have as many dialogues. And I'm sure that Keeley is a good actress and I'm the first one who will rather blame the director than the voice actor, but Lara in Legend sounds just too British if that makes sense. This is especially noticeable since she constantly talks to Alister who also has a British accent but doesn't sound quite fake.

Quote:
About the rest of your post , IDK , dude I know you aren't a fan of LAU , but there's some quite excessive reaching in your post(s) Yep , Legend (and every game really , even the reboot games with their more "grounded" and "realistic" approach) has a bunch of nonsensical stuff and illogicalities , but if we're going to pick on Legend for the positioning of some crates and rafts for no apparent reasons then I bet we can extract loads of similar things from the classics , putting two big T-rexes in a deep enclosed pit alone is more nonsensical than the most nonsensical thing in LAU (or any TR game for that matter) .
The thing is that Lara and Zips talk about the raft. It really wouldn't bother me if it just was there considering that there has been an expedition to the temple in the past, but stuff that is mentioned by the characters just stands out more than stuff that just is there. And maybe I'm reaching in some cases, but have you ever watched CinemaSins? They judge movies for far less than I do judge TRL for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCroft25 View Post
...They are still talking about grenades, right? Another ''dirty'' dialogue from Rutland's part comes, when he says ''Too bad Lara you are so unfriendly. You, me and Amanda would make a great threesome'' ()
You're right! Didn't really think about that. Maybe these quotes are ambiguous on purpose.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 19:03   #23
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCroft25 View Post
Rutland is officially TR's biggest perv next to Larson (and possibly Pierre if you include his TR1 perv jacket).
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 19:11   #24
HarleyCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Oh, and when Lara throws grenades during the boss fight, Rutland says "Hey, you have some, too! Mine are bigger!" which comes out wrong.
Haha, I think that may have come out as intended, actually. Rutland was such a smarmy jerk

EDIT- Whoops, I'm a bit late in the convo concerning Rutland being a suggestive creep.
I'm weary of anyone who shows that much man-cleavage in general though

Last edited by HarleyCroft; 23-07-17 at 19:18.
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 20:00   #25
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
I'm weary of anyone who shows that much man-cleavage in general though
The poor dude is only trying to match Lara's Tokyo dress. ''Your cleavage is big. Mine is bigger!''
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 20:22   #26
HarleyCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
The poor dude is only trying to match Lara's Tokyo dress. ''Your cleavage is big. Mine is bigger!''
Ah ha haa!
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 20:46   #27
Wooxman

What do you expect from a chap who wears a red silk shirt and sunglasses while raiding tombs? He's always prepared for meeting big busted British bimbos, erm, tomb raiders.

Actually, when I think about it, Rutland is one of the things in Legend I can't really complain about and I think that he was heavily underused. Such a shame that he dies in a cutscene and couldn't make a return in Underworld. What was up with Crystal's obsession with female antagonists back then that they had to kill him after appearing in just one game? So that they can give Amanda a reason to be actually mad at Lara so that Lara doesn't look as selfish and evil in Underworld as she does in Legend?
Old 23-07-17, 20:49   #28
Patrick star

I've heard that Rutland's father was supposed to be a co-villain in Underworld seeking revenge for his son from Lara , shame , there were many possibilities with which Underworld's story could've been much better , but NO ! the story would've become too complicated
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 21:47   #29
Enigma92

The only thing I found really nonsensical was the ending!

How did Amanda 'kill' Amelia in the first place? In my brain I would have thought that Lara and Amanda would have had to grow up with Lara's mother still alive and then reach the point in Bolivia where they play around with past events and rewrite the timeline only then to 'kill' Amelia. So am I playing through a rewritten timeline? If so then how did the events of Legend play out exactly the same in the original timeline where Lara is looking for the dais because she wanted to find Amelia if in the original timeline Amelia wouldn't have disappeared? So Lara wouldn't have had that obsessive motivation to track down the dais in Bolivia and so things wouldn't have exactly played out the same way for her to reach the Bolivia Redux level! Why did previous timeline Lara even become an archaeologist if her reasons for becoming one was to find her mother if her mother would have already been alive then? And...and...argghhhh!!! My head!!!

Am I thinking about this the wrong way?
Enigma92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 21:54   #30
Wooxman

Quote:
I've heard that Rutland's father was supposed to be a co-villain in Underworld seeking revenge for his son from Lara , shame , there were many possibilities with which Underworld's story could've been much better , but NO ! the story would've become too complicated
Yeah, I heard that, too. I think that they scrapped that idea very early on. Maybe because, like you said, it "woul've made the story too complicated". What did Crystal think about the TR fanbase? That we're a bunch of kindergarteners who are unable to cope with anything that is more complex than an episode of Masters of the Universe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma92 View Post
The only thing I found really nonsensical was the ending!

How did Amanda 'kill' Amelia in the first place? In my brain I would have thought that Lara and Amanda would have had to grow up with Lara's mother still alive and then reach the point in Bolivia where they play around with past events and rewrite the timeline only then to 'kill' Amelia. So am I playing through a rewritten timeline? If so then how did the events of Legend play out exactly the same in the original timeline where Lara is looking for the dais because she wanted to find Amelia if in the original timeline Amelia wouldn't have disappeared? So Lara wouldn't have had that obsessive motivation to track down the dais in Bolivia and so things wouldn't have exactly played out the same way for her to reach the Bolivia Redux level! Why did previous timeline Lara even become an archaeologist if her reasons for becoming one was to find her mother if her mother would have already been alive then? And...and...argghhhh!!! My head!!!

Am I thinking about this the wrong way?
Nope, your thinking right. We were discussing that matter a few days ago in a different thread. Apparently Lara is trapped in a stable time loop which is an impossible thing since that would mean that there is no version of the present where Amelia didn't go to Avalon and Lara didn't activate the stone dais to find her. Unfortunately Crystal ditched that plothole and never mentioned it in TRU.