Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 10-03-18, 22:05   #11
H4RR7H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar View Post
Jason Graves and Alan Silvestri in Cradle of Life - they used Nathan McCree's original samples, they changed it and created something fresh, but still similar I've expected the same from Junkie XL.
Have to correct you there.

Yes, Alan Silvestri utilised and altered Nathan McCree's original thematic motif, at the composer's own accord.

Jason Graves was tasked to create a brand new motif for the rebooted franchise which was utilised and developed by Bobby Tahouri in Rise of the Tomb Raider.
H4RR7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 10:43   #12
Cezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4RR7H View Post
Jason Graves was tasked to create a brand new motif for the rebooted franchise which was utilised and developed by Bobby Tahouri in Rise of the Tomb Raider.
In Jason Graves's motive we can still hear original musical notes of McCree and it's so cool
Cezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 10:43   #13
Zreen001

@Cezar Let me get this straight... you're bashing an extremely talented composer for something you happen to disagree with?

Music is supposed to encompass, support, and translate feelings on screen to the viewer. Most film scores are a collaboration between the director, producer, foley artist, and the composer themselves; each one with a negotiable position on what they feel would fit best in a film. Tom's position has been stated clearly, and that influenced his work, molded by the decisions of those he works with in the film. In an ideal world, the composer would make all the decisions (and in some rare cases they do).

Regardless, I think it is extremely unfair and rude to the artist to bash on his work before you've seen it in context with the film. It also sounds like you're biased from the start, which adds another layer of prejudice against him. Have an open mind about the film and its music and don't let preconceptions blurry your enjoyment and/or immersion of the film.
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 10:46   #14
Cezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zreen001 View Post
@Cezar Let me get this straight... you're bashing an extremely talented composer for something you happen to disagree with?
I don't bash him. I've just forgotten that critisism is forbidden here I'm dissapointed and that's it. I've expected some familiar sounds in his music.
Cezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 12:14   #15
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Good job with the interview Harry.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote