Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 28-11-16, 14:41   #661
tomb2player

Out of curiosity, you didn't had FPS problems in levels with this amount of tiles?
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 15:09   #662
VictorXD

Oooh gee that's a lot! I guess I'm ok to go ahead with texturing the level then lol Thanks for the help

And tomb2: nope I didn't. Maybe it was because it is a small level in regards to size. There's there's only 2 areas that are big, the rest is composed of small chambers.

Oh oops, you meant psiko lol That's what you get for posting before properly waking up.

Last edited by VictorXD; 28-11-16 at 15:13.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 15:10   #663
psiko

it's a complex answer, the amont of tiles is the less important for lowering the framerate: what I find is the most important is a wide open map with several rooms rendered at the same moment, and a huge amont of statics with collision box (so with a collision, not just,, let's say, "grass" items) rendered contemporarly. In fact, many levels without meta2tr, lag even more than mine, if they did not optimize the map.
This was something still to be learned when I was building my HS (first HS levels I built were far in the 2009, or 2010), but now we have a deeper and wider knowledge about this.
Some of my smooth levels started lagging just because I put in the map, few enemies or animating items.

Last edited by psiko; 28-11-16 at 15:11.
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-17, 06:48   #664
mizuno_suisei

Is there a way to trick a .tr2 file to converting to a tr4 and have Mets2tr work? I'd love to grab some room geometry intact from some old cutscenes

Tr2prj is getting me nowhere
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-17, 13:02   #665
Dustie

Hmm... Did you try FexInspect if it has the option to export rooms?

If not, then maybe get the level you need using TR2PRJ, open the project and cut out the stuff you don't need, compile the level and you have a TR4 file.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 01:42   #666
sapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Is there a way to trick a .tr2 file to converting to a tr4 and have Mets2tr work? I'd love to grab some room geometry intact from some old cutscenes

Tr2prj is getting me nowhere
TurboPascal made a tool to extract maps from any TR. It may be what you are after.

See this post http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...3&postcount=12
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 04:47   #667
mizuno_suisei

Thankyou Sapper, will give that one a go!

And thankyou also Dustie. Like I said, TR2PRJ isn't a very trustworthy program unfortunately. I have two exe versions and their fails and errors are always never the same, seems almost sporadical. I tend to get a successful rip one in five times..and even so, geometry and textures are all broken. Ahh well
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 15:10   #668
Dustie

What level are you converting? I get texture and geometry errors too, but mostly they're easy to fix, especially with the original level as a reference...
Old 05-01-18, 00:44   #669
JMN

What could be causing this kind of edge flickering on magenta textures that are part of the room mesh?

It's also happening on statics but not as bad as when merged with the room mesh via meta2tr's MapMergeList.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 15:26   #670
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
What could be causing this kind of edge flickering on magenta textures that are part of the room mesh?

[/youtube]N6K19xZAMZ0[/youtube]

It's also happening on statics but not as bad as when merged with the room mesh via meta2tr's MapMergeList.
Seems like the renderer is handling transparency differently for objects and room geometry...