Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 01-04-12, 22:02   #19481
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima espio View Post
Lady Gaga to sing VSXIII theme?

http://thesilentchief.com/2012/04/01...y-versus-xiii/

Was posted yesterday morning...not sure if serious or just trolling...
I don't mind, as long as it fits and is emotional. Since that's the experience I expect from a Nomura game.

Hopefully it's more Stefani than GaGa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
I want PURE CLASSICALLY TRAINED vocalists!
You've heard GaGa's stuff pre-GaGa, right? She's really good. Plus it's no different than them using Leona Lewis for XIII.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 22:04   #19482
Catapharact

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
You've heard GaGa's stuff pre-GaGa, right? She's really good. Plus it's no different than them using Leona Lewis for XIII.
I have but I still don't trust her given the fact that she has a tendency of harking the "monster" image wherever she goes; And given the problem with the FF Franchise's tendency of trying to see if they can incorporate the "in" trends with FF games... Well... Colour me Skeptical.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 22:08   #19483
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
I have but I still don't trust her given the fact that she has a tendency of harking the "monster" image wherever she goes; And given the problem with the FF Franchise's tendency of trying to see if they can incorporate the "in" trends with FF games... Well... Colour me Skeptical.
Eh, I have a feeling she isn't going to make it some major dance song (if this is real) and do something more fitting. While I hated the choice for Leona Lion in XIII, the song still somewhat fit.

Plus, she seems to be toning it down according to her latest pictures, she losing the whole "crazy" style and going for a more natural (compare to what she normally is) look. So I think the same thing will happen with her music. /slighty off-topic

Like I said though, as long as it's emotional and fitting I see no issue with it. Plus, Nomura wouldn't let anything ruin his baby.
Old 01-04-12, 22:49   #19484
Miharu

Quote:
Eh, I have a feeling she isn't going to make it some major dance song (if this is real) and do something more fitting. While I hated the choice for Leona Lion in XIII, the song still somewhat fit.

Plus, she seems to be toning it down according to her latest pictures, she losing the whole "crazy" style and going for a more natural (compare to what she normally is) look. So I think the same thing will happen with her music. /slighty off-topic

Like I said though, as long as it's emotional and fitting I see no issue with it. Plus, Nomura wouldn't let anything ruin his baby.
"Wake up in the morning, tired of sleeping, make my bed alone." - My hands lyrics.

Yeah, real fitting.
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 22:52   #19485
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miharu View Post
"Wake up in the morning, tired of sleeping, make my bed alone." - My hands lyrics.

Yeah, real fitting.
I didn't say it completely made sense. Some of it did, while some of it was just really not fitting at all. I hated FFXIII anyway, so I didn't really care.
Old 01-04-12, 23:28   #19486
Scorpio1991

Nothing was wrong with the music, the vocal stuff is amazing!
Scorpio1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 02:51   #19487
Miharu

Quote:
I didn't say it completely made sense. Some of it did, while some of it was just really not fitting at all. I hated FFXIII anyway, so I didn't really care.
Sort of the same but I remember cringing at those lyrics. >_<
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 10:14   #19488
igonge

That gaga tune sounds very fitting to Final Fantasy actually. Words I thought I'd never say. Was it just an April fools?
igonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 10:31   #19489
scoopy_loopy

Quote:
No, no, NO! No pop singing Diva should ever touch a Final Fantasy song ever again. Final Fantasy X has already been tainted with J-Pop. It needs to be stopped completely!

I want PURE CLASSICALLY TRAINED vocalists!
Um, I'm assuming you're referring to Koda as Lenne? She happens to be one of the most vocally technically talented artists in mainstream music... You just have to look past the image and the fact that they (Koda and Gaga) sing pop music and not, opera or Adelesque pop. That said........ X-2 was really just a bit too much. I wish it were more "serious" too.

The same goes for GaGa, it took me FOREVER before I became a fan. I couldn't get past her image and I found "Just Dance" and "Poker Face" atrocious. But her voice is actually rather incredible. Give her a chance, she's just sitting at a piano in this:

Last edited by scoopy_loopy; 02-04-12 at 10:35.
scoopy_loopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 20:16   #19490
ultima espio

ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote