Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 26-11-16, 03:50   #1
charmedangelin

Smile What section in TR causes you to die the most?

What section in any Tomb Raider game causes you to die the most even on replys?

For me it would be that drill section in Tomb Raider 3 in London, where you have to climb down quickly using several jumps and twists in the air to survive. I always forget exactly how to go through that section on every gameplay I've done.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 04:11   #2
trfan16

Most frustrating section for me is the timed door puzzles in Aldwych, hands down. To this day, it still takes me 20+ times to reach the rooms from the buttons.

As for the part where I died the most, it has to be that jump over the green liquid pit in Diving Area. When I originally played this level, I kept trying to grab on the ledge because that's how it worked in the previous lebels. It wasn't until I realized that you had to jump at a certain point and simply land on the other side was the right way to pull it off. It must've took me 50+ tries to perfect it. Nowadays, this part is not so bad as it's easier performing the jump while sliding down backwards.

Last edited by trfan16; 26-11-16 at 04:27.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 04:25   #3
Lyle Croft

I havent really played much of the classics...but tbh....Shantytown.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 04:57   #4
Quebsenuef

Probably the double rope in TR4 in the catacomb section right before the Temple of Poseidon.
That was always a problem for me.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 05:29   #5
Zreen001

Boaz Returns, AoD, back when I had no idea you could switch targets with the Roll button.

Since then, my most difficult spot has to be the Air Maze in TR3's Lost City of Tinnos. I had no idea I was supposed to listen for the wind and notice Lara's blowing hair. Still, even knowing that it's hard to get through for me.
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 05:31   #6
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zreen001 View Post
Boaz Returns, AoD, back when I had no idea you could switch targets with the Roll button.

Since then, my most difficult spot has to be the Air Maze in TR3's Lost City of Tinnos. I had no idea I was supposed to listen for the wind and notice Lara's blowing hair. Still, even knowing that it's hard to get through for me.
That's how you do it!?

I always just wandered around hoping to not run into any monsters
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 05:43   #7
JsotoTRSaga

Underneath the Sphinx is a death fest everytime I replay TR4. I usually skip this level bc of the hatred I've developed for it.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 09:48   #8
lizardspock110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zreen001 View Post
Boaz Returns,
Most mentally painful boss fight in history
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 10:18   #9
Classic98
Inactive

Going down the giant plug-hole in the canoe (Madubu Gorge) in TR3. Every time I play the level, it always gets me 2 or 3 times before I manage to successfully negotiate the drop. I always save just before.

Another one is the very first secret on the "River Ganges" level in TR3. It's there right where you start the level. She usually ends up falling in and drowning. She seems to miss catching the ledge. It is optional, but when you know it's there (and there's a precious save crystal to collect) then you feel compelled to go for it.

Last edited by Classic98; 26-11-16 at 10:23.
Classic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 16:19   #10
peeves

Well some of the levels in the classics i don't do on first try but I'd say Bolivia redux in tomb raider legend is one of them because of how hard the boss fight is i mean most of the time i cannot even avoid amanda from dodging my attacks with the sword. Plus there'll be at least 1 level in each CD game that always will kill me because of the inconsistent controls.

Last edited by peeves; 26-11-16 at 16:40.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote