Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 06-01-13, 04:47   #21
Girafarig32

So I am running this program, and I did a sample by just inverting colors of one of the textures as seen here. Then I save it as shown here. I press save and get this. What should I do to replace the textures. I am playing on TR3LA. Ty
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-13, 05:53   #22
ND4SPDMW11

Are you running the program as an administrator. If not then this could be the case. Right click the program and select Run As Administrator in the menu because it looks like your running Windows 7 or Vista
ND4SPDMW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-13, 17:53   #23
Turbo Pascal

You are openng the tr file directly from your CD rom; which are readonly media, you cant open and writeback changes to your cd-rom.

copy the tr files to your harddisk and be sure they are not flaged as read only;
Turbo Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 11:35   #24
meta2tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Only problem was when I added a texture page and saved, the magenta of the sprites showed up in game .
I've seen this too when coding meta2tr. Try saving magenta pixels to RGBA=0000 in the memory maps, I think that is what the official tools do.
meta2tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 13:16   #25
Suikaze Raider

Hi,

I'm trying ripping the TR1 Gym Object to a WAD, but I have problems with the Colored Faces, they disappear I tried with the "Convert Colored to Textured Faces" Option of this program, but it doesn't work, I can't texture this faces. How could I rip them? I don't want download the statics from a Website, but I want rip them myself.

Cheers
Suikaze Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 16:13   #26
Titak

No idea how this works with PixStr so no solution from me here but if all fails, you could try ripping them with WADMerger.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 18:03   #27
Suikaze Raider

Smile

Thanks for your response Titak

But Wadmenger is so buggy... If I rip them from the original level the textures are darkener... I tried use the Fexmenger for port them to a TR2 level, but Wadmenger shows errors and more errors when I port them from TR2 level to WAD, and later I can't open my WAD. If I use a TR4 level as base or I send them directly a WAD the textures are OK, but I lose the colored textures...

If sapper could fix this, I could texture the colored faces and I rip the Statics without problems

Cheers
Old 05-09-13, 22:32   #28
Turbo Pascal

Quote:
I tried with the "Convert Colored to Textured Faces" Option of this program, but it doesn't work, I can't texture this faces
You are right, that menu option it is only working for movables or mesh selected from movables; but it is not working for static mesh.

I did a quick fix, download this zip:

http://www.dxtre3d.com/temp/pixstr22r1.zip

is just the exe, it is not from the sapper's update, it is the original version with this fix included; unzip, rename the exe and place it into your regular pixstr folder

Good luck with your project.

Tp.
Old 06-09-13, 11:22   #29
Suikaze Raider

Thumbs up

Thanks you very much Turbo

The fix works so fine and now I can rip the Statics without problems I'm doing a 1:1 remake of TR1 Lara's Home as training

I's want ask you other doubt I'm using your TR Room Viewer (Ver. 5.0 Rev. 3) Do you remenber the equivalence between "Source Lights" to TRLE Lighting for can port it?

Cheers
Old 07-09-13, 02:55   #30
Turbo Pascal

Quote:
I's want ask you other doubt I'm using your TR Room Viewer (Ver. 5.0 Rev. 3) Do you remenber the equivalence between "Source Lights" to TRLE Lighting for can port it?
Well, in Rview, "Source Lights" mean regulars light bulbs where lighting is defined by a sphere properties. I have not idea if Tr1 included Spot light types (lights defined by two directionals cones) if so rview interpret that as regular light bulbs.

good luck.

Last edited by Turbo Pascal; 07-09-13 at 02:57.