Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 14-01-17, 12:54   #11
Ramoram

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Pretty much, yep.
Just keep a keen eye on threads in the newer sections.
Which newer sections? It's kinda hard to keep up with new and existing threads.
Ramoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 12:58   #12
SarahPilko

I love Legend! It is a good game, as others said, I wish it was longer. I only dislike some parts like the parental drama storyline and the unnecessary changes to Lara's biography and made it worse, but it is still a great game! Classic Lara is still kinda there, badass and sassy :P However, even it is a 2006 game, it hasn't aged well sadly, even the classics from the 90's are played more and streamed daily.
SarahPilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 13:00   #13
redfox45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Pretty much this , and the mom storyline .

Personally , I adore Legend . The game has MAJOR and striking flaws yep (Very short , Very easy , linear and streamlined) , but it's obsessively replayable for me , It's VERY fun , Great mechanics , controls , animations , Great storyline (later destroyed in Underworld , but that's another topic) , flawless soundtrack , very good bosses , and some really neat puzzles here and there (mostly regarding the optional golden rewards and Croft manor , but still) and last but not least , one fantastic Lara Croft and a great mixture of being badass and emotional (I'd like Reboot Lara to go down that route when she's finally developed into the full-blown TR after the third game) and a wonderful VA
My thoughts on the game to the letter.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 13:09   #14
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramoram View Post
Which newer sections? It's kinda hard to keep up with new and existing threads.
Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Future Tomb Raider Games.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 13:46   #15
Zebra

Mostly because it deviated far too much from what Tomb Raider had previously been understood to be and from who Lara had previously been understood to be. The platforming is far too automated and easy, as are the puzzles, the level design is too linear and dumbed down and Lara's entire backstory and personality were basically turned upside down what with her looking for her long lost archaeologist parents. Generally, Legend Lara feels more like a female James Bond than like Lara Croft and the game as a whole is a testament to how little Crystal actually understood Tomb Raider back then (I'm pretty sure they do have a better understanding of it now, even though it's not terribly apparent in their newer games, either). It's a competent and fun action-adventure game but it's a really ****ty Tomb Raider game.

(For the record: Legend was my first Tomb Raider game, as well, but I still ended up greatly preferring Core's games.)

Last edited by Zebra; 14-01-17 at 13:47.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 13:46   #16
peeves

Well legend just didn't make any sense because it doesn't connect with the core timeline. Plus lara can't sprint nor jump high in that game and the bike levels are annoying not to mention the final boss is a nightmare. All those things plus CD changed the controls and camera controls and platforming controls and also lara didn't look so hot in the game the same applies to all the other characters.

Last edited by peeves; 14-01-17 at 13:58.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 15:35   #17
kevindatsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
Great game ! I love it personally. It's the Tomb Raider I played the most.
Same here. i replayed it on my ps2 like many times years ago when i was a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimbobJeffers View Post
Yeah, I haven't been on the Tomb Raider Forums for that long, but I quickly realised that there are very strong biases here. It seems common to hate on everything Crystal Dynamics does and praise Core Design as fallen heroes, with no regard for looking objectively at each individual game and reviewing it fairly. Core Design did a great job making a revolutionary game, character and franchise back in 1996, and Crystal Dynamics has continued that legacy from 2006 in a new form, evolving it again in 2013.

People change, things change, games have to change too. If people want classic Tomb Raider gameplay, we have the various tools available to make entirely new experiences, so you can make exactly the levels you want!

I see little use in all the vitriol that gets thrown around here for Crystal Dynamics and their games. People may hate on the re-envisioned Lara Croft, stories and gameplay, but all the awards these games have received say otherwise!
You're right! That's what i observed too. Crystal D seems to try very hard to recreate the feeling of the classic TR's but the fans seems kinda still hard to convince. They complain almost everything Crystal D puts into TR. I'm a TR fan too but i both praise Core and Crystal cause each one of them is unique in their own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyB View Post
For me both Legend and Underworld remember the classics, but with better graphics. The only thing that changed were the patterns of clothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4u35-ssB-E

See, Lara classic perfect played in legend.
Oh god! This video is so good!! well done creating this. did you create this?
kevindatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 15:38   #18
girlyB

yep ^^ thanks 😉

If someone watches my channel, the latest videos are only of trl.
girlyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 16:13   #19
Gian Carlo

Mommy issues, short and easy game, white ledges everywhere, old gameplay (plus auto aim), crystal dynamics

there you go
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 17:14   #20
wearemany

Legend is one of the most fun TR games ever released and Lara's badassery was at its peak in that game. Nuff said.
wearemany is offline   Reply With Quote