Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 07-01-16, 14:25   #11
akci

Finite, yes and no, a given number of wasps come from each nest, but you can trigger the nests as many times as you want. I believe that's the same on PS too. What may differ is how the game is handling the active nests, which I think is more of a memory issue. Maybe a wasp kinda stuck to a wall, happens a lot in custom levels with too many triangles and Tinnos is the biggest level, you said you have heard some buzz so maybe there was an active wasp somewhere when you went for the secret, and the game didn't react to crossing the trigger for another nest. Even so still one wasp should've come from, so maybe the PS doesn't retrigger a nest at all while there is an active one elsewhere. I'm just speculating here of course. The PC isn't exactly harder here, less complicated perhaps, I was saying that in jest, but in any case it was a bit of a pain minimizing the reappearing wasps to two, it seems that's not a problem on PS then.

No, the machine guns actually shoot at Lara, so not your shots at them that hurt Lara. Once you take a shot at them they shoot back instantly and quite rapidly. At least on PC, back then both rr_carroll and me played on PC, so AFAIK no one have tested this on PS. It seems I neglected to make screenshot from that room, but I do remember that safe spots can be found for every machine gun, again at least on PC.
akci is offline   Reply With Quote