www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Community > General Chat > Debate and Political Discussion

Old 24-11-17, 03:07   #1101
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantafanta View Post
Nice debating technique you have, totally ignoring an article I went to the trouble of locating. It is not Chicago's problem. Chicago is suffering due to Indiana's and Mississippi's stupidity. It is the nation's problem for refusing to address this Interstate gun trafficking problem. It is crystal clear, yet you ignore it and call it Chicago's problem. Somebody coughs in your face, you contract their cold, and it's your fault right? Brilliant logic.

Darwinian selection? What is that supposed to mean, just let people die? This is supposed to be civilized society, not the wild west. We have a government set up to keep order and improve peoples' lives. It's called looking out for our fellow man. Darwinism. That's your solution? I'll say it again, if one of your family members were a Vegas shooting victim, you'd be singing a different tune.
No, Chicago is not suffering from anyone else's stupidity. Chicago is suffering from Chicago's stupidity. Fix your city.
Old 24-11-17, 16:34   #1102
wantafanta
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
No, Chicago is not suffering from anyone else's stupidity. Chicago is suffering from Chicago's stupidity. Fix your city.
I just PROVED to you where the guns were coming from. The only way to "fix" my city would be to erect an impenetrable force field on the Indian border to keep those tobacco spitting Hoosiers out of Illinois. I'll say it a third time, if one of your family were shot in Chicago and the gun was found to have come from Indiana, you'd be on my side in this. Indiana is stupid. You can buy cherry bombs and firecrackers there. Children lose fingers and eyes every year from that. It's no different with guns. There's your stupidity.
wantafanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-17, 17:04   #1103
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

I'll say it again - you're sitting in a sandbox full of poop and you're complaining because flies from elsewhere have smelled the poop and are crawling around on your face.

Clean up the poop.
Old 24-11-17, 18:12   #1104
sierra xb
Relic Hunter

Quote:
I just PROVED to you where the guns were coming from. The only way to "fix" my city would be to erect an impenetrable force field on the Indian border to keep those tobacco spitting Hoosiers out of Illinois. I'll say it a third time, if one of your family were shot in Chicago and the gun was found to have come from Indiana, you'd be on my side in this. Indiana is stupid. You can buy cherry bombs and firecrackers there. Children lose fingers and eyes every year from that. It's no different with guns. There's your stupidity.
You didn't "prove" anything. You just quoted an article that contains some incomplete statistics. You act as though ALL of the guns come from Indiana, when the article indicated that at least 40% (and possibly more) come from right there in Illinois. That "proves" that even if Indiana (and other states) weren't a factor in your gun supply, you would still have a huge problem right there in your own city.

Also, i don't generally pay attention to anything that Sir Launcelot says, but since you quoted him I think it is interesting that you have revealed some sort of prejudice for people in your neighboring states. You don't like their laws, so that's a justification for insulting their entire population? That tells me everything I need to know about you. With that kind of an attitude, you have just shown everyone that you have a pretty serious bias, and it's no surprise that you can't be rational about this subject.

I would also like to poke a few holes in your theory...blocking off Indiana still leaves people the option of coming in through Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, and your coastline on Lake Michigan. Are you going to insult all of them as well? The point that you consistently miss here is that it doesn't matter what ultra strict gun laws Illinois has, as long as people are determined to commit crimes with guns, and there is no one to stand up to them, they will find a way to do it.

Short of building a fortified wall around Chicago (a la Escape from New York), you aren't going to keep the supply of guns out. Your crime problem isn't the result of guns, but the result of a criminal history that goes back to the beginning of the 20th century. Since you can't wall off Chicago, and you can't get the Constitution changed, if you really detest gun violence so much maybe you should consider moving out of the murder capital of America. Oh, wait, I forgot...most of the other states are populated by stupid rednecks and their lax gun laws and their lower crime rates. You could move out here to California with it's strict gun regulations, but then you'll be right back in that high crime rate that you are so familiar with.

No one who actually understands the source of gun violence will ever be on your side. I HAVE lost family and friends to gun violence, but you know what? I don't blame the gun. I also don't blame or insult hundreds of thousands of people in neighboring states. I blame the criminal who used the gun to take someone's life. I also lost a cousin to suicide, but I don't blame the gun he used because he was determined to do it, and the gun just made it easier and probably less painful than other methods he could have tried.
Old 24-11-17, 23:18   #1105
wantafanta
Archaeologist

Quote:
I'll say it again - you're sitting in a sandbox full of poop and you're complaining because flies from elsewhere have smelled the poop and are crawling around on your face.

Clean up the poop.
What are you talking about? Poop? What is that supposed to mean? I guess shootings with guns that come from Indiana and Mississippi and Dupage county? I think people like you are the problem. You and your gun hugger here lack what I call the "empathy gene." You are unable to entertain the idea that you or a family member could be a victim of a shooting.

Your solution is an Epic Fail. You gun heads own the courts, the congress and the state legislatures and the presidency. You've had control for decades, and the carnage is the result. I'm only curious just how bad things have to get before you admit it's time to take some steps and that your "guns for everyone in every Christmas stocking" answer isn't working.
Old 24-11-17, 23:26   #1106
wantafanta
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra xb View Post
You didn't "prove" anything. You just quoted an article that contains some incomplete statistics. You act as though ALL of the guns come from Indiana, when the article indicated that at least 40% (and possibly more) come from right there in Illinois. That "proves" that even if Indiana (and other states) weren't a factor in your gun supply, you would still have a huge problem right there in your own city.

Also, i don't generally pay attention to anything that Sir Launcelot says, but since you quoted him I think it is interesting that you have revealed some sort of prejudice for people in your neighboring states. You don't like their laws, so that's a justification for insulting their entire population? That tells me everything I need to know about you. With that kind of an attitude, you have just shown everyone that you have a pretty serious bias, and it's no surprise that you can't be rational about this subject.

I would also like to poke a few holes in your theory...blocking off Indiana still leaves people the option of coming in through Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, and your coastline on Lake Michigan. Are you going to insult all of them as well? The point that you consistently miss here is that it doesn't matter what ultra strict gun laws Illinois has, as long as people are determined to commit crimes with guns, and there is no one to stand up to them, they will find a way to do it.

Short of building a fortified wall around Chicago (a la Escape from New York), you aren't going to keep the supply of guns out. Your crime problem isn't the result of guns, but the result of a criminal history that goes back to the beginning of the 20th century. Since you can't wall off Chicago, and you can't get the Constitution changed, if you really detest gun violence so much maybe you should consider moving out of the murder capital of America. Oh, wait, I forgot...most of the other states are populated by stupid rednecks and their lax gun laws and their lower crime rates. You could move out here to California with it's strict gun regulations, but then you'll be right back in that high crime rate that you are so familiar with.

No one who actually understands the source of gun violence will ever be on your side. I HAVE lost family and friends to gun violence, but you know what? I don't blame the gun. I also don't blame or insult hundreds of thousands of people in neighboring states. I blame the criminal who used the gun to take someone's life. I also lost a cousin to suicide, but I don't blame the gun he used because he was determined to do it, and the gun just made it easier and probably less painful than other methods he could have tried.
I already posted what Australia has done. It can work here, if fools would just get out of the way. BTW - you studied the 2nd amendment of the constitution for 6 months? Who was your professor and at what law school? What "well-regulated militia" do you belong to and how often does it meet for training? The source of gun violence is guns, just as the source of venereal disease is syphilis. Your answer is an epic fail. EPIC FAIL.

I don't blame the heroin for addiction. I blame the user. So let's legalize heroin. I don't blame C4 plastic explosives for terrorism. I blame the terrorists. So let's sell C4 in hardware stores. Let's sell prescription drugs to anyone without a prescription. If we ban bank robbery, only criminals will rob banks. If we ban speeding, only speeders will speed. Stupid, isn't it?
Old 25-11-17, 01:08   #1107
sierra xb
Relic Hunter

Quote:
I already posted what Australia has done. It can work here, if fools would just get out of the way. BTW - you studied the 2nd amendment of the constitution for 6 months? Who was your professor and at what law school? What "well-regulated militia" do you belong to and how often does it meet for training? The source of gun violence is guns, just as the source of venereal disease is syphilis. Your answer is an epic fail. EPIC FAIL.

So, i was right, you decided to "waste your time" replying to me after all. I knew you couldn't resist for long. In the mean time though, you have managed to totally ignore quite a few points that I have brought up, all to respond with the typical anti-gun rhetoric that I would expect. You criticized SL's debating techniques but it is obvious to the entire world that yours needs some work as well.

You posted what Australia has done, but you ignored my response to that. I find it a bit sad though that you think of people who respect the Constitution as 'fools". Makes me think that maybe you are living in the wrong country. You can ask me all the questions you like about the "militia", but you also ignored my comments and links regarding that subject. You also have ignored a direct challenge three times asking who's constitutional responsibility it is to protect me if I am not allowed to do so myself.

So, tell me where YOU studied the Constitution, and at which law school? I already told you where I studied at, and since when do you have to go to a law school to understand the Constitution?

Guns are not the SOURCE of crime, they are a tool used by criminals. Guns do nothing on their own. You can't even begin to compare this to a virus since a virus is an active living organism, not an inanimate object. I have had a gun for years and it just sits quietly in it's box. Not once has it ever walked out on it's own and shot someone. I have been trying to teach it how to make me dinner, but that isn't working either.

*** hang on for sec while I finish laughing, it's hard to type ***

Quote:
I don't blame the heroin for addiction. I blame the user. So let's legalize heroin. I don't blame C4 plastic explosives for terrorism. I blame the terrorists. So let's sell C4 in hardware stores. Let's sell prescription drugs to anyone without a prescription.
Your comparisons are really amusing. Yes, we DO blame illegal drug users and terrorists, but drugs and explosives are not outright banned the way you want guns to be. People CHOOSE to use illegal drugs. People CHOOSE to become terrorists and misuse explosives. The PEOPLE make the decisions, not the objects they are using.

Quote:
If we ban bank robbery, only criminals will rob banks. If we ban speeding, only speeders will speed. Stupid, isn't it?
Um, no, it's not stupid, because it is true. Think about what you just wrote...bank robberies are technically banned because it is illegal, isn't it? So, who robs the banks despite the "ban" on robbing banks? Yep, that's right, the CRIMINALS. Speeding is illegal and therefore "banned", so who are the speeders? Again, criminals. I'm not saying that we shouldn't have laws, but what I AM saying is that laws have never prevented anyone from making the decision to break them. A law is nothing more than words on paper that give the authorities the right to arrest people who do not obey that law. A law is not a physical restraint.

Think this through...if we banned guns, then who would give them up? That's right, people who respect the law (non-criminals)...although I suspect that given the circumstances, very few gun legal gun owners would voluntarily give up their guns...but let's just assume that they did. Who would have the guns then? Do you honestly believe that criminals would turn in their guns if they were banned? Criminal types have this annoying habit of ignoring laws and giving the finger to people who try to enforce them. So, that means only criminals would have the guns after a ban. Tell me how well that would work out?

Quote:
I think people like you are the problem. You and your gun hugger here lack what I call the "empathy gene." You are unable to entertain the idea that you or a family member could be a victim of a shooting.
"Epic fail"...is that your new word of the month? You seem to like to use it a lot, but to quote one of my favorite movie characters, "I do not think that word means what you think it means". So, who is the gun hugger? If you mean me, I never hug my gun, only my cats.

So, where did you study psychology and who was your professor? I only ask because your assessment is an epic fail (to use your own words). I already told you that I have had family and friends who were shooting victims. I have nearly been one myself a couple of times, so please don't assume you know anything about how I really feel, other than what I have said here. You are also missing a gene, it's called the "understanding reality" gene. I won't bother explaining what it does though, I am sure you can sort it out. Or not.

Quote:
Your solution is an Epic Fail. You gun heads own the courts, the congress and the state legislatures and the presidency. You've had control for decades, and the carnage is the result. I'm only curious just how bad things have to get before you admit it's time to take some steps and that your "guns for everyone in every Christmas stocking" answer isn't working.
There you go again, using that phrase. Let's just check a correlation, shall we? States and cities with restrictive gun laws = high gun violence rates. States and cities with "lax" (read that as realistic and practical) gun laws = lower gun violence rates...coincidence? I think not. You can sit there and blame out of state guns all you want, but those guns didn't pick themselves up and pull their own triggers, did they?

Oh, we OWN all of those things? Have you forgotten we had 8 years of Clinton, and 8 years of Obama, not to mention more than a few years of a democrat controlled congress even when republican presidents have been in office? What about California, where the crime rates are nearly as high as Illinois, even though it has been controlled by democrats for like forever? Stop acting like the present situation is the fault of republicans because this kind of thing has been going on with plenty of democrats in charge.

And of course, you have to go with the "guns for everyone" thing...typical liberal over exaggeration. I can tell you with certainty that NO gun owner wants guns for "everyone". First, not everyone wants one so we have no interest in forcing ownership on them. Second, not everyone is competent with a gun, and believe it or not, we aren't fond of idiots with guns, because it gives the rest of us responsible and SAFE gun owners a bad reputation. I will say this only once, WF, we don't have problems with gun regulations, as long as those regs are reasonable, practical, and most of all, Constitutional.
Old 25-11-17, 02:44   #1108
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

Here's another hunting accident:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hun...vP4?li=BBnbfcL

This guy is obviously a member of Mensa. Look at those eyes.

Illegally shooting at what he thought was a deer... in the DARK... when he can't see ****... and kills an innocent woman.

Stupid stupid stuppitty uppity upid.

I hope he gets charged with manslaughter.
Old 25-11-17, 16:26   #1109
wantafanta
Archaeologist

Quote:
Here's another hunting accident:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hun...vP4?li=BBnbfcL

This guy is obviously a member of Mensa. Look at those eyes.

Illegally shooting at what he thought was a deer... in the DARK... when he can't see ****... and kills an innocent woman.

Stupid stupid stuppitty uppity upid.

I hope he gets charged with manslaughter.
Now, if only he didn't have that gun in his house......hmmmmm.....
You hope he gets charged with manslaughter? But he was a law-abiding citizen, until this, that is. Proves my point. Every criminal was at one time a law-abiding citizen.

Here's another example. You think guns make us safe? Guess again. It didn't help this armed state trooper.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...d-stopped-him/

Man charged with killing Texas trooper who had stopped him
Associated Press

By CLAUDIA LAUER, Associated Press

16 hrs ago

DALLAS — The suspect in the shooting death of a state trooper during a Thanksgiving Day traffic stop in East Texas was charged Friday with capital murder of a law enforcement officer.

Dabrett Black, 32, was being held in the Brazos County jail in Bryan, Texas, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) northwest of Houston. He is accused of fatally shooting Trooper Damon Allen on Thursday.

The Texas Department of Public Safety said in social media posts late Thursday that Allen initiated a traffic stop shortly before 4 p.m. on Interstate 45 near Fairfield, about 90 miles (145 kilometers) south of Dallas. DPS said Black shot Allen with a rifle after the trooper walked back to his vehicle.

Allen died at the scene, DPS officials said. He had been with the department since 2002 and was married with three children.

Last edited by wantafanta; 25-11-17 at 16:28.
Old 25-11-17, 17:44   #1110
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Now, if only he didn't have that gun in his house......hmmmmm.....
You hope he gets charged with manslaughter? But he was a law-abiding citizen, until this, that is. Proves my point. Every criminal was at one time a law-abiding citizen.

Here's another example. You think guns make us safe? Guess again. It didn't help this armed state trooper.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...d-stopped-him/
I doubt if either of these two are "law abiding" citizens.

I'm sure the stupid poacher boy broke hunting laws on many occasions - he just hasn't got caught at it until now. But now his stupidity has finally caught up with him.

Ditto the guy who shot the state trooper. Plenty of criminal history there:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.bb1122a0f76d