Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 10-01-12, 16:12   #2661
ultima espio

I don't really care, I just want footage, not "pretty" pictures.

Last edited by ultima espio; 10-01-12 at 16:18.
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 17:39   #2662
ggctuk

For all you folks wanting Classic Sonic, he is never coming back - Generations is the only time you were going to see him. I don't particularly care what Sonic looks like, just as long as he plays right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
^That sounded dirty somehow lol.

Yeah, I think I read it too that Silver returns and he is Mammoth Mogul's apprentice all this time! What confuses me is this though: Shouldn't the events in Sonic 06 not happened at all since they wiped out that time period? Hence, they shouldn't even remember who Silver was, right?...or am I missing something?

I also seem to remember that Silver went to 25 years in the future, where he helps Lara-Su the echidna to free the freedom fighters.

Think I need to dig up my Sonic comics again XD..
This is a completely different timeline away from the games - Sonic 06 hasn't even happened, not even the negation event. Silver visits different timelines but despite their negation seems to recall them all, including the now defunct Mobious 30 Years Later arc (which he went to after Perfect Tikhaos devastated his world).
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 17:58   #2663
Legend of Lara

omg how dare they give sonic green eyes boycott forever etc.
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 18:02   #2664
irishhips

GOD!!!! I hate hardcore fans....bitching about sonic looks and games....as for eyes...who cares. I just a sonic fan who like classic and modern games.
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 18:22   #2665
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Lara View Post
omg how dare they give sonic green eyes boycott forever etc.
And make him tall and lean instead of short and fat
Old 10-01-12, 22:57   #2666
ggctuk

Ooh, Ian Flynn has dealt Ken penders a blow (Originally posted by Flynn in 2010):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Flynn
1) Work-for-Hire - While I'm bound by my contract to not talk about my contract, I can say I'm work-for-hire. I've been on the book for five years (!!!) and I'm still freelance, part-time, on-the-side. All of my contributions to the book are for the book, and I'm paid for that.

All the stuff I came up with for "Young Salem" - Foreman Armstrong, Mortimer Destiny, the Lizarmyn, Horde Lord, concept, etc. - is Archie's. I can't do my own book under BKC about Mortimer and Felicia's younger days.

Sonic-wise, I have a harder parallel to draw since I've spent more time using the content within the book and taking it in new directions. I suppose Thrash is the best example, lean as he is character-wise. He's Archie's. Plain and simple.

Everyone on staff (and I include us freelancers when I say this) has to sign that contract. So unless Mr. Penders's contract was wildly different, he signed away those characters before he even created them.

2) SEGA - It is my understanding, as explained by Mr. Penders himself years ago on his forum - that ultimately SEGA owns everything in the book. If it's associated with Sonic in the book, it is by extension SEGA's. From my understanding, that is why BioWare could so freely emulate the Dark Legion for the Marauders.

I know there was some confusion elsewhere concerning rights to SatAM. As it was explained, SEGA owns the intellectual property - the characters and such - but DiC retains the rights to the animation. So you wouldn't see SEGA reselling SatAM boxsets willy-nilly. Conversely, DiC wouldn't be able to just up and make a new Sonic cartoon.

3) Reboot - Oh if I had a nickle for every time this word got tossed around. I've already begun material for 2011 and, as I said before, have been told there's no need to change. Not that we're blindly forging ahead, but that we have no reason to stop.

What would need a reboot, in the scenario that Mr. Penders somehow did win out in all this, is his plans. SEGA would not grant him the license to use Knuckles, I can flat-out tell you that with certainty. So right there the core component of the Echidna Lore - the main character - is gone.

He would not be able to use Angel Island, Mobius, or the Chaos Emeralds. Easy enough fix, though, right? It's Skyhigh Island on Terra using the Magi-Gems for flight. (copyright, by the way. Double-tappsies, no take-backs).

But the entire Echidna cast is comprised of Knuckles knock-offs. Mr. Penders would be required to redesign the entire cast, unless he's planning on trying to pass it off as parody (which I doubt).

By the time the property would be safe to touch, it would be unrecognizable. It's not about Knuckles's society or family. It's not about echidnas (the kind we think of, at least). It would now be a sci-fi-lite story about some dudes on a flying island. That could be interesting in its own right, but it's not the story I think Mr. Penders wants to tell, and it's not the one the echidna fans want to read. So I'm not entirely sure what his greater thinking is here.

Again, take my words with a grain of salt. I'm not privy to absolutely everything going on. But from what I do know I am confident I - and you all - have nothing to worry about.
Off that topic, the Sonic Generations Blue Blur OST comes out tomorrow! (Or today, if you're reading this in Japan )

Last edited by ggctuk; 11-01-12 at 18:05.
Old 10-01-12, 23:22   #2667
Shark_Blade

I guess Ken Penders is going through a midlife crisis..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
Ken Penders recently copyrighted all of his stories and characters from the Archie Sonic series, and has been recently sued by Archie Comics due to this action
I mean, imagine like if Toby Gard copyrighted Lara Croft eventhough it's owned by Eidos.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 22:11   #2668
ggctuk

Blue Blur (Sonic Generations OST) is out! And it's already up in certain places too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I guess Ken Penders is going through a midlife crisis..I mean, imagine like if Toby Gard copyrighted Lara Croft eventhough it's owned by Eidos.
I modified the quote to include everything Ian Flynn said about the Penders situation. I agree with it. Toby Gard is now outside Crystal/Square, yes? So that would indeed be like him copyrighting Lara Croft away from Square. Any court worth its salt will uphold SEGA and Archie, and not Penders.
Old 13-01-12, 18:06   #2669
Jami393

It has been a hell of a long time I've posted on here. So if anyone doesn't mind me asking, what did everyone thing of Generations and has anyone played the 3DS version?
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-12, 18:15   #2670
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
It has been a hell of a long time I've posted on here. So if anyone doesn't mind me asking, what did everyone thing of Generations and has anyone played the 3DS version?
As a fan who's very particular with my Sonic games (I only like S1, 2, 3 S&K and SCD, can't stand any of the new games), I went out and bought Generations on the 360 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even the modern Sonic bits were enjoyable

I have no idea about the 3DS version though
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote