Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 10-09-07, 18:00   #1
Vince C.

Default TRL doesn't see any of my save games anymore :( !

Hi.

I just wanted to try new outfits again for Tomb Raider Legend (as I already tried some last year) and I ran the game. I was first surprised it asked me to start a new game and I didn't see any of my savegames. I didn't see either any of my progressions items !

But I have 51 savegames (bigfile.000 through bigfile.050 each being ca 150MB). Should I really redo the game all over again??? Is there a way to recover all my savegames? Anyone got an idea?

A *whole* lot of thanks in advance.

Last edited by Vince C.; 10-09-07 at 18:05.
Vince C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-07, 18:07   #2
CroftScionGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince C. View Post
Hi.

I just wanted to try new outfits again for Tomb Raider Legend (as I already tried some last year) and I ran the game. I was first surprised it asked me to start a new game and I didn't see any of my savegames. I didn't see either any of my progressions items !

But I have 51 savegames (bigfile.00 through bigfile.50 each being ca 150MB). Should I really redo the game all over again??? Is there a way to recover all my savegames? Anyone got an idea?

A *whole* lot of thanks in advance.
Hi there, Vince! IMO this should be posted on the Tech Support!

Anyway, what does savegames have to do with bigfiles?

See in the C:\Documents and Settings\User\My documents if there's any folder called Tomb Raider: Legend ( andif it does see if there's any file in it!)
CroftScionGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-07, 18:23   #3
Vince C.

Thanks CroftScionGuard. But my savegames have always been in C:\Program Files\Tomb Raider Legend and these are precisely all those bigfile.nnn, approximately 8GB!

In fact I think I might have understood: I've run TextMod, loaded a texture and pressed Run. It's only after that moment that I couldn't use my savegames anymore. I'm sure I left TRL along with all my progression intact... It's only now that I have some files in a new folder in My Documents\Tomb Raider - Legend...

Last edited by Vince C.; 10-09-07 at 18:24.
Old 10-09-07, 18:28   #4
CroftScionGuard

Quote:
Thanks CroftScionGuard. But my savegames have always been in C:\Program Files\Tomb Raider Legend and these are precisely all those bigfile.nnn, approximately 8GB!

In fact I think I might have understood: I've run TextMod, loaded a texture and pressed Run. It's only after that moment that I couldn't use my savegames anymore. I'm sure I left TRL along with all my progression intact...
TexMod doesn't delete savegames! Also, by installation definition, the Savegames are put in a folder (called: Tomb Raider: Legend) in (two ways):
C:\Documents and Settings\User\My documents
or
C:\User documents

Use the explorer to search the drive for a folder called Tomb Raider: Legend (one will be the one where the game was installed, and wait to see if there's another!)

EDIT: Bigfiles are not the savegames you use during gameplay!
I mean BigFiles aren't savegames...

Last edited by CroftScionGuard; 10-09-07 at 18:43. Reason: Forgot mentioning about Bigfiles!
Old 10-09-07, 19:15   #5
Vince C.

I don't meant TextMod deleted my savegames but only that it modified the executable so that it made it look into My Document for my savegames instead. And I'm 100% sure those big files are my save games.

How could I know? In fact I checked once and there were exactly the same number of big files as the number of saved slots, each created at the date I save a game.

And I only have two folders named Tomb Raider Legend: one in Program Files, with the last savegame created 27th May 2006, the other in My Documents, created... today.
Old 10-09-07, 19:52   #6
CroftScionGuard

Quote:
I don't meant TextMod deleted my savegames but only that it modified the executable so that it made it look into My Document for my savegames instead. And I'm 100% sure those big files are my save games.

How could I know? In fact I checked once and there were exactly the same number of big files as the number of saved slots, each created at the date I save a game.

And I only have two folders named Tomb Raider Legend: one in Program Files, with the last savegame created 27th May 2006, the other in My Documents, created... today.
Well, wait for someone to answer that then, or to move this to the Tech Support!
Old 10-09-07, 21:22   #7
Mytly

Quote:

Sorry to tell you this, but you are 100% wrong. The BigFiles are NOT your savefiles, the ones in the folder in My Documents are. The BigFiles are the game data that is installed into your computer when you install the game - presumably you installed it on 27th May 2006, that's why that's the date.

If you have lost your savegames, it's probably because you (accidentally, no doubt) deleted or moved the folder containing them.

Also, AFAIK, TexMod does NOT interact with your savegames at all, so it can neither create or delete any. In fact, it does not make any permanent changes in the game, so there won't be any file that's modified due to TexMod. If at any point in time you've used Tomb Ripper, that will modify your BigFiles (but not your savegames).
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-07, 21:23   #8
Vince C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftScionGuard View Post
Well, wait for someone to answer that then, or to move this to the Tech Support!
Forget about it... I deleted all the files under Program Files\Tomb Raider Legend and wanted to restore from a previous backup but - of course, Murphy is always there - I made a first attempt to check but that made the backup jobs pruned (yeah, they were too old)... No more backup . Nothing left to restore.

I'll redo the game...

*sighs*
Old 10-09-07, 21:41   #9
CroftScionGuard

Quote:
Forget about it... I deleted all the files under Program Files\Tomb Raider Legend and wanted to restore from a previous backup but - of course, Murphy is always there - I made a first attempt to check but that made the backup jobs pruned (yeah, they were too old)... No more backup . Nothing left to restore.

I'll redo the game...

*sighs*
I have 3 Savegames, one with all TTs and no Manor and no rewards, other with everything except the manor, and a last one with everything! PM me if you'r interested!
Old 10-09-07, 21:53   #10
Vince C.

Thanks a lot for your savegames.

I'll be glad to use them as soon as I get rid of that [@#{ message "This application has encountered a problem and must be terminated bla bla bla..." (just reinstalled the game and it crashes at startup .)

It's not my day today. Really not my day...

EDIT: Okay, applying patch 1.2 fixed it... pfew! Finally!

Last edited by Vince C.; 10-09-07 at 22:47.