Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 22-05-12, 11:07   #4471
jarekhanzelka

I certainly thought Ashley was prettier in ME1 and 2. It seemed to me as if she heard about my kinky stuff with Miranda in ME2 and thought she could win me back if she looked more like her.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 11:10   #4472
scoopy_loopy

I still don't understand why they made the choice to give her new hair. I mean, I think it looks very nice, but ME1 Ash used to love putting herself above girls that cared for "skirts and thigh-highs", so it just seems a little bit of an odd way to show her character development.
scoopy_loopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 11:15   #4473
Sharon_14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopy_loopy View Post
I still don't understand why they made the choice to give her new hair. I mean, I think it looks very nice, but ME1 Ash used to love putting herself above girls that cared for "skirts and thigh-highs", so it just seems a little bit of an odd way to show her character development.
I think they wanted her to have more "sex-appeal". I also thought she hated skirts but she wears one in the game.
Sharon_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 11:17   #4474
scoopy_loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon_14 View Post
I think they wanted her to have more "sex-appeal". I also thought she hated skirts but she wears one in the game.
I don't want to allow myself to let my argument to boil down to that, but I think you're probably right. It just doesn't make sense in terms of character development.
scoopy_loopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 11:18   #4475
Nemo_91

Skirt? Seriously?? Now I'm happy I saved Kaidan.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 11:30   #4476
Sharon_14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopy_loopy View Post
I don't want to allow myself to let my argument to boil down to that, but I think you're probably right. It just doesn't make sense in terms of character development.
Hey, BioWare said themselves they wanted her to have more "sex-appeal", that's what's written next to her character concept in the art book, as far as I can remember. That's also the reason why they let her hair down.
Sharon_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 11:32   #4477
Sir Croft

It's not really a skirt, it's a... long jacket?

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/u...ate-Ashley.jpg

Anyway, never found her attractive.
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 14:50   #4478
Kelly Craftman

I completed ME2 and then replayed ME3 with my character. ME3 is my favourite I have to say. ME2 lacks the story I think, IMO ME2 was just about getting your team together. I loved the gameplay though, minus the Geth being in every single level. ME 1 had a great storyline but crap gameplay, stupid MAKO. ME2 had an alright story minus half the game being about getting your team sorted; the gameplay was an amazing improvement from the first game. ME3 had both great gameplay and a great story, minus the end but I don't count that bit. It will ruin the game.

Im currently being femshep, who is a bitch. Liking it so far,It's so nice to shoot people during a cutscene and not save them.
Kelly Craftman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 14:58   #4479
Sir Croft

I see ME2 as a collection of great stories. Its central plot is short and weak, but the loyalty missions are just great, it's really easy to get attached to the characters through their stories.
And the Mako, ah, the Mako! I hated every single bit of the Mako missions, specially when I fell into a pit of lava for no apparent reason at all. Or when the Mako would flip and get stuck on the scenario. It's an awesome vehicle, though, there is nothing it can't climb. Like, really.

Last edited by Sir Croft; 22-05-12 at 14:59.
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 15:02   #4480
Kelly Craftman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Croft View Post

I see ME2 as a collection of great stories. Its central plot is short and weak, but the loyalty missions are just great, it's really easy to get attached to the characters through their stories.
And the Mako, ah, the Mako! I hated every single bit of the Mako missions, specially when I fell into a pit of lava for no apparent reason at all. Or when the Mako would flip and get stuck on the scenario. It's an awesome vehicle, though, there is nothing it can't climb. Like, really.
Oh those missions where good.

The controls of it are worse than the warthog controls for Halo. I spent a whole mission reversing. I always wondered why I was going slow.
Kelly Craftman is offline   Reply With Quote