Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-11-21, 23:22   #1
Tombcool

Default Elden Ring

Elden Ring

Coming February 2022

Quote:
Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between.

In the Lands Between ruled by Queen Marika the Eternal, the Elden Ring, the source of the Erdtree, has been shattered.

Marika's offspring, demigods all, claimed the shards of the Elden Ring known as the Great Runes, and the mad taint of their newfound strength triggered a war: The Shattering. A war that meant abandonment by the Greater Will.

And now the guidance of grace will be brought to the Tarnished who were spurned by the grace of gold and exiled from the Lands Between. Ye dead who yet live, your grace long lost, follow the path to the Lands Between beyond the foggy sea to stand before the Elden Ring.

And become the Elden Lord.

Last edited by Tombcool; 08-11-21 at 23:26.
Tombcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 01:27   #2
Yuna´s Wish

Day 1 purchase.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 01:59   #3
Tombcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Day 1 purchase.
I wanted the collector’s edition so bad but it’s sold out everywhere.
Old 11-11-21, 13:55   #4
GFY2013

I'm in the network test! Can't wait to play tomorrow!! Also all the content that youtubers uploaded look awesome AF!!!

This is my favorite, although this video won't make much sense (you won't get the references) to those who haven't played the other FromSoft games.

Last edited by GFY2013; 11-11-21 at 13:56.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 16:07   #5
Tombcool

Can you let me know about the difficulty of the game after you’ve played it? FromSoftware games are notoriously known for their difficulty but I was told this one was supposed to be easier.
Old 11-11-21, 21:41   #6
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombcool View Post
Can you let me know about the difficulty of the game after you’ve played it? FromSoftware games are notoriously known for their difficulty but I was told this one was supposed to be easier.
This one should be a bit easier, since you get to use so called spirit summons, that can distract the enemy you're facing and give you a bit of advantage to get some hits in. Also, if you're playing online, the community is really helpful and there's always someone to help you out!

Personally I like the challenege and wont use the spirit summons, but they are there for new players for the genre!

And also from the videos I've seen the demo doesn't seem too hard for now -- still hard for new players for sure, but as an experienced souls player not as much.

Do not though, this Network Test is purely for testing the game out, and the retail version will definitely have some things changed up, many things are put into the starting area just for the sake of the demo.

EDIT: nevermind, I got my ass beat LMFAO, but I didnt use any help and the spirit summons. The videos might make the game look a bit easier, but the difficulty might actually be the same as before. (Without the spirit summons)

Last edited by GFY2013; 12-11-21 at 16:30.
Old 13-11-21, 16:11   #7
Tombcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY2013 View Post
EDIT: nevermind, I got my ass beat LMFAO, but I didnt use any help and the spirit summons. The videos might make the game look a bit easier, but the difficulty might actually be the same as before. (Without the spirit summons)
Oh no. So the game is gonna be hard as ****.

Did you get to any boss fights ? Those were probably brutal.
Old 13-11-21, 23:21   #8
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombcool View Post
Oh no. So the game is gonna be hard as ****.

Did you get to any boss fights ? Those were probably brutal.
Yep there's like 15 bosses in the test! Some are easy and can be defeated first try. I did spend 30-40 minutes on 3 bosses though each. I have still one left undefeated (which is optional), I just can't do it, it's finicky af, but I'm not giving up!

The level design and art direction is still as clever as ever, LOVE it.

The spirit summons are really helpful though.

Last edited by GFY2013; 13-11-21 at 23:23.
Old 14-11-21, 00:24   #9
Tombcool

You are making me so jealous right now lol.

I think what I loved the most about what I saw in the previews was the art direction and level design.

Out of all the bosses you defeated, who was your favourite ? I wish you took screenshots or a video !

Have you played any of the other FromSoftware games?

You see, I beat Bloodborne many times but couldnÂ’t beat Dark Souls 3 as I found it way too hard. And I didnÂ’t try the first two Dark Souls and IÂ’m still trying to get through Sekiro. I think the reason why I like Bloodborne and Sekiro so much is how fast paced they are.
Old 14-11-21, 00:41   #10
Yuna´s Wish

I read the big baddies (as in, the actual story bosses) weren't part of the network test.

It's great there are so many bosses scattered everywhere, but I hope it's not quantity > quality.

Good to know you are having a great time, GFY!

I checked a PS4 vs PS4 pro vs PS5 video and I'm happy to say the PS4 version is definitely playable and still a solid option.

@ Tombcool: which boss gave you problems in DS3?

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 14-11-21 at 00:42.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote