Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 21-12-14, 15:50   #1251
Shark_Blade

I skip most of the story plot in Ultimax and listen to some dialogues that are not dragging forever. I plan to revisit the story sometime (xmas holiday?) cause I pretty much know next to nothing at the moment.

I'm just ocd for the 100% completion and mostly only care for the battles for now.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-14, 15:53   #1252
Legend of Lara

Then you might possibly maybe be fine, aside from........ certain characters being conspicuously absent, or certain characters being a bit suspicious.
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-14, 23:28   #1253
Shark_Blade

^I know someone who is blatantly absent (Makoto Yuki) but suspicious, not really. Oh wait, aside from that long hair, bespectacled high school/dorm headmaster being the villain and now dead which is not really a stretch. Looking like that (aka a hippy) is already a crime so it's not too farfetched that he's a villain imo.

Other weird thing is Yukira is always so angry and shouting at Junpei like all hell let loose in Ultimax, but in P3 she's like this kawaii school girl who blushes and grumbling just a bit. People changed a lot after high school, huh?

Anyway, imma continue playing~ ^_^

As I said before, I much prefer these normal looking characters compared to the exaggerated/overthetop ones in Arena/Ultimax. I mean seriously, just look at Yukari in Ultimax..

That awful hair. The pale dracula skintone. The thin anorexic look especially in her jaw and chin, making her look like she aged a lot. Have you seen her chopstick arm?
And worst of all... THAT BOOB CLEAVAGE ALMOST REACHING HER NECKLINE. It should be lower. I can't.
/end rant

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 21-12-14 at 23:36.
Old 21-12-14, 23:34   #1254
Legend of Lara

Yukari's still a total bitch in P3. It's just that in Arena, the writers took one aspect of each character, and made it their entire character.
Old 21-12-14, 23:39   #1255
Shark_Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Lara View Post
Yukari's still a total bitch in P3. It's just that in Arena, the writers took one aspect of each character, and made it their entire character.
Well imma make her my bitch if that's the case.

I wonder if we can make the main character date and stuff like in P4G.

Old 21-12-14, 23:49   #1256
Legend of Lara

Funny thing about that.

P4 actually introduced the ability to just be friends with the girls. In P3, you have to date them. All of them. And the girls will get angry and reverse your social link with them if you date more than one at the same time. (only exception is Aigis because she's chill like that) Also, let a social link go idle for about a month (less if it's your girlfriend) and they'll reverse on their own.

P3 is kinda full of things that weren't actually good until P4 fixed them.

P3P half-fixed this. The male route just removes the timed reversals, while the female route works exactly like P4 did.

Last edited by Legend of Lara; 21-12-14 at 23:52.
Old 22-12-14, 00:27   #1257
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Lara View Post
Funny thing about that.

P4 actually introduced the ability to just be friends with the girls. In P3, you have to date them. All of them. And the girls will get angry and reverse your social link with them if you date more than one at the same time. (only exception is Aigis because she's chill like that) Also, let a social link go idle for about a month (less if it's your girlfriend) and they'll reverse on their own.

P3 is kinda full of things that weren't actually good until P4 fixed them.

P3P half-fixed this. The male route just removes the timed reversals, while the female route works exactly like P4 did.
I kinda like that though. P3's social links felt like commitments, and if you cheated on a girl, I think it might affect your relationship with that person, of if you ignored a friend for a month. In P4 the social links felt more casual, but in P3 it felt like they had more weight.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-14, 00:28   #1258
Legend of Lara

They were also terribly written in P3, though. I liked almost none of those losers...

(P3P working miracles again, I loved the social links there)
Old 22-12-14, 00:32   #1259
:}hello friend

Mitsuru and Yukari are top tier waifus, no P4 girl comes close.

Oh yeah social linking in P3 kinda sucked. They were all meh. Help your magician "friend" hook up with his teacher. Go chow down with this fat kid at the mall who likes stealing money from children. I remember I reversed Yukari's social link, over something stupid, like trying to hug her, and she goes full tsundere and runs off. Then she's all normal back at the dorm. Girl make up your mind.

P3 is awesome though, well until you get to Ken. He cramps everyone's style.
:}hello friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-14, 00:48   #1260
Legend of Lara

P3 is sporadically good. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to know what it wants to do with itself, so either a bunch of random crap happens, or nothing happens at all. The highs, however, are really high. The lows are... really low.

Speaking of lows, the Junpei x Chidori romance subplot was one of the worst things ever. Her entire purpose was just to be something they could kill off to further his character arc, hence the complete lack of any kind of chemistry between them, romantic or otherwise.

Whenever P3 is brought up, I start complaining about it. I actually love this game, even though it doesn't seem like it. ;_;