Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 05-12-15, 19:33   #1
Sardoc

Default Unfinished Business with added music triggers

At last, it is here.

Unfinished Business gets some music love. It's been what, 18 years since the release? Way too long, so why not just get straight to the point.

EDIT 27-Jul-2016: uploaded new files, changed one music trigger in Temple of the Cat from a repeatable type of trigger to a "play only once" type.

As promissed, both the braid-mod version (braid mod on its own without music available here) and original, unbraided one have the music and Atlantean Stronghold bugfix. Everything is available on my Onedrive. All files are available both in .PHD format (Windows solution which supports music) and .TUB format (DOS solution, which doesn't support music as of today, BUT at least the Atlantean Stronghold bugfix will work, and that's better than nothing).

As usual, in order to enjoy the music, you need barracuda415's improved Windows executable and wrapper and music files. These require Microsoft VC++ 2015 to work.

Special thanks to b122251 for his trigger modding tool TRMOD (currently under development, early beta available here.)

(ORIGINAL OPENING POST FROM THE PAST, BEFORE THE MOD WAS FINISHED) This will be the opening post for a mod that will add TR1's music to Unfinished Business.

Thanks to barracuda415, we now have native Windows executables for both TR1 and UB, as well as a great video and audio wrapper.

With this new solution, the expansion now supports all music triggers, just like patched TR1 has been since 2007. The only thing that is left is, of course, to add all the music triggers to UB.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be adding music triggers where I think they'd be appropriate. I'll also try to include the 3 tracks which were unused in TR1.

And yes, I have asked Nathan McCree, he's OK with that. So! Without further ado, let's improve the expansion's atmosphere, shall we. Once I'm done, I'll edit the opening post to make it look like a full mod rather than a work-in-progress thread.

Last edited by Sardoc; 20-03-18 at 23:15.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 21:02   #2
aidanmalone

Definitely looking forward to this! Congrats in advance for your hard work guys
aidanmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 21:24   #3
Boobandie

You should use the alternate unused secret chime from TR1 as the chime in UB.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 21:48   #4
tomblover

What're these unused tracks?
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 22:08   #5
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Usually just slightly different versions of the current tracks. Like an early version that got left on the disc. I know about the secret chime having an unused alternate but haven't heard the other two.
Old 05-12-15, 22:25   #6
VictorXD

Isn't the other one a track Nathan released about a year or so ago that sounded a bit like some sort of battle music? I remember him uploading to his soundcloud fairly recently, I think.

I just remember it sounded horrible though lol Didn't like it tbh.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 01:08   #7
Sardoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Isn't the other one a track Nathan released about a year or so ago that sounded a bit like some sort of battle music? I remember him uploading to his soundcloud fairly recently, I think.

I just remember it sounded horrible though lol Didn't like it tbh.
That one was for TR3, and it was written by Peter Connelly.
Old 06-12-15, 01:12   #8
Sardoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Tracks #14, #19 and #21 on the PSX disc. They were on the game disc, but they weren't used ingame. There were also 2 other unused tracks, but they're just Lara's tutorial speech in Lara's Home.
Old 06-12-15, 01:13   #9
Sardoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
You should use the alternate unused secret chime from TR1 as the chime in UB.
Don't worry, that one will get some love as well. Not instead of the regular secret chime, but I'll definitely put it somewhere.
Old 06-12-15, 02:16   #10
Boobandie

Oh if you're messing around with adding music triggers, is it possible to reorder the game to be Atlantis THEN Egypt like was intended?