Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-16, 02:44   #11
ThatSassyKid

I'm with laravision: turn the manual grab off.
Old 12-09-16, 14:17   #12
kacpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
So far he's doing good with it on. He can always turn it off if it gets frustrating. I'm more worried about him getting more confident with the grapple and adrenaline dodge before what coud be very annoying parts. ;P

Last edited by kacpy; 12-09-16 at 14:37.
Old 13-09-16, 19:10   #13
Greenapple968

Part 3:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PhTOD9QMhg

I've found two pieces of the cog but am yet to find the third and I'm now in an area where I'm not too sure where I'm going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Tap Triangle to swim faster when in water
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacpy View Post
Oh I'm sure it's going to be a rollercoaster of enjoyment and rage.

Good luck with the Adrenaline Dodge. ;P

PS. It showed how to drop safely in the Mountain Caves level I believe. Edit: At 21:20. Press and hold R2.
It's not going too bad so far. I'm finding Anniversary easier and more enjoyable than Legend.

I think I now know how to safely drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
I'll advise you to turn off the manual grab mechanic, it's unnecessary in my opinion, and will probably cause you more hassle as you progress.

Those first wolves that you encounter in Vilcabamba are glitchy in the Trilogy version of the game. It rarely happens on the PS2 version, although I'm not sure about the other platforms.

Now, the adrenaline dodge is a technique that you'll want to master in TRA. During combat, most enemies will become enraged after you have shot at them a substantial amount (it varies). You'll notice enraged enemies will emit a pulse of light before attempting to charge at you; this is when you need to ready yourself for an evasive maneuver, and when slowdown sequence kicks-in (while maintaining a target lock on the enemy), use the roll button while moving in any direction (I recommend dodging left or right in most instances - depends on the type of battle), and when the two target reticles merge together and turn red, this is where a single shot needs to be executed, which will either stun or take out the enemy completely.

I think the adrenaline dodge was implemented very well in this game. The maneuver is known to be problematic for some, but I've never really had any problem with it, apart from when the game gives you that tutorial when faced with the bear at the start of Vilcabamba, due to the pauses in gameplay. I've always found the adrenaline dodge easy on a controller, but I'm sure many will disagree, especially if using a keyboard and mouse.
I switched the manual grab off.

I'm not doing too well with the adrenaline dodge; even if I press the buttons in time I still seem to get struck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I have actually found the adrenaline dodge very easy to execute on the PC, using keyboard and mouse. The problem is that the game does a terrible job teaching you how to use it and players may be completely olivious to it if they don't pay attention.
I'm playing on the PS3.

Quote:
Done.

Quote:
So far he's doing good with it on. He can always turn it off if it gets frustrating. I'm more worried about him getting more confident with the grapple and adrenaline dodge before what coud be very annoying parts. ;P
I did fail at a few jumps because of me not doing too well with the Manual Grab being on.
Old 14-09-16, 07:40   #14
kacpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
I'm not doing too well with the adrenaline dodge; even if I press the buttons in time I still seem to get struck.
You seem to be shooting when the enemy attacks and blur hits the screen? Once the enemy charges you have to stop shooting and (while still targetting the enemy) dodge the attack (like others said dodging to the side usually works the best), focus the target circles on the enemy's head and only then shoot. Well, you're going to have to figure it out sooner than later. ;P

At the end you couldn't pick up the ammo cause you're full on it, I think (it's been a while but from what I remember that was a thing in TRA).

I thought you were doing fine with manual grab. With auto grab the aerial maneuvers are definitely easier though.

Last edited by kacpy; 14-09-16 at 08:02.
Old 14-09-16, 09:18   #15
SamCactus101

Yay you've reached probably my favourite area of the game. Let's see how you fare against the Rex!
Old 14-09-16, 09:34   #16
ThatSassyKid

Good luck in the boss fight!
Old 19-09-16, 20:24   #17
Greenapple968

Part 4:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMcnwCd3vKU

I think I'm coping better with the adrenaline dodge, though I do still need to work on my timing with the shooting while doing the dodge.

I do hope my slow uploading speed isn't too much of a problem for you; I've been tied down with unwanted nonsense outside of the videogame world.

Quote:
You seem to be shooting when the enemy attacks and blur hits the screen? Once the enemy charges you have to stop shooting and (while still targetting the enemy) dodge the attack (like others said dodging to the side usually works the best), focus the target circles on the enemy's head and only then shoot. Well, you're going to have to figure it out sooner than later. ;P

At the end you couldn't pick up the ammo cause you're full on it, I think (it's been a while but from what I remember that was a thing in TRA).

I thought you were doing fine with manual grab. With auto grab the aerial maneuvers are definitely easier though.
I followed your suggestion regarding the adrenaline dodge and am now doing a lot better at it. It's early days, but I'm currently finding Anniversary easier than Legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCactus101 View Post
Yay you've reached probably my favourite area of the game. Let's see how you fare against the Rex!
I thought the T-Rex was easier than the Raptors.

Quote:
Good luck in the boss fight!
Thanks, though I think the adrenaline dodge made the fight rather simple.
Old 19-09-16, 21:30   #18
kacpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
I followed your suggestion regarding the adrenaline dodge and am now doing a lot better at it.
TBH I'd say you've already mastered the whole Adreanaline Dodge, lol.
Old 19-09-16, 22:06   #19
ThatSassyKid

You're really good w/ the adrenaline dodge yay!
You could have completed the boss fight much quicker by baiting him to hit the spiked concrete bits when doing the dodge like you did the last time you did it, but oh well!
Old 20-09-16, 06:05   #20
SamCactus101

Wooo, good job with the Rex!
Gah this game is taking me back! I love the ruins around this valley area.
Closed Thread