Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-12-15, 03:28   #23031
Dream

You know what kills me inside sometimes. From the moment I got here and was admittedly very vocal of my dislike of the reboot. I had nothing but crap thrown at me here, there and everywhere. I had some of you come onto my god damn tumblr telling me to kill myself over what? A god damn opinion about a freakin videogame and a FICTIONAL character. Seriously. Y'know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of some of you acting so high and mighty over anyone that doesn't kiss CD's ass raw and any time I've tried to talk I've been bullied into submission by some of you. Now granted I get along outside this ROTTR board pretty damn well and I enjoy interacting with so many of you but I'm not going to stand by and watch certain members spout over and over again about how horrible I and others are and how trollish we are. Any time any member has been in distress over anything I've tried to be helpful and supportive. I've had NOTHING but BS thrown at me and for what? A BAD opinion, An opinion you don't like Well, I'm sorry, I'm not the one running around plotting deviously to subject some poor suckers tumblr or social media with abhorrent threats and suicide baiting because they like something I don't like.

I'll tell you all something I'm tired. I'm tired of trying so hard to be nice even when people put words in my mouth and condescend me and belittle me constantly.

You think the negativity affects you? Well, try being in my shoes and yeah yeah I get this whole "Hurr if you don't like it turn off your internet u obviously can't handle it" Yeah, how about no, Why the hell should I shut down my experiences online because some of you decided that I'm apparently expendable over an OPINION someone doesn't like.

It makes me sick, I've tried to forgive and forget. I've tried to just let it go, but no I can't because when you guys are running the mouth telling everyone to block myself and others and putting us down labeling us trolls and haters yet in the same token send threats and spiteful names towards us I just can't stand by here and watch this utter hypocrisy any longer.

I might not like the reboot infact I think it's utterly terrible and the worst iteration of Lara yet. I hate the VA, I hate the writing, I hate everything about it. I don't wish the people who made it harm I just wish they would make something more akin to the originals. If you like the reboot that's great more power to you but I'm going to keep voicing my damn opinions if you like it or not because they're mine and you will not silence me or any others because you don't feel comfortable and it doesn't feel like a "safe space" for you.

I'm not targeting anyone or calling out in particular here because that would be wrong, I'm letting ya'll know how I really feel about all this crap and what's really been going on I've talked about that happening to me several times yet some people don't get the message, You're not all sunshine and roses and you aren't all "Super good" people some of you can be right arseholes honestly, and I'm ashamed I ever let it get to me this badly but it has.

This is all I have left to say.
Feel free to make fun of me too, if it makes your self esteem sky rocket.

I don't care anymore. I'm gonna hide out for a few days until this blows over. I had to get this out.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 03:38   #23032
WolfRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Oh, I see. WE are the ones ruining it for the people who want to post but don't because they feel intimidated? Mmm... Funny because as fas as I know the positive members are the ones leaving because they feel this community no longer supports the franchise. In the meantime trolls keep coming back and posting anything they want all the time. Nice.

I agree we shouldn't respond to them as much, and to be honest, it really gets tiring sometimes.
Well till we don't respond to them more they will keep coming back, cause they getting what they want. Heck I seen a couple cases where someone is like "oh I sure a couple particular people are going to come in to this thread" or such.

And I seen people that don't really feel like posting cause their opinion would get leaped on for being negative, so no it not just the positive folks. I hope the PC and PS4 release won't cause a dive to this forum.

In any case, on another note, I happy to be getting a new PC up and running soon hopefully, so not only I can finally work on a 3D program for school and side projects, but also to be more updated with gaming. I won't be able to run the best settings, but I sure I will still run say Rise when it comes to PC. I pretty much became a PC person TR wise heh heh.

Last edited by WolfRaider; 10-12-15 at 03:41.
WolfRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 03:58   #23033
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
I might not like the reboot infact I think it's utterly terrible and the worst iteration of Lara yet. I hate the VA, I hate the writing, I hate everything about it. I don't wish the people who made it harm I just wish they would make something more akin to the originals.
I don't get this. If you feel like you have to comment how awful the Reboot is (I personally would never waste my time like that), there's a specific section for that already. This is a subforum for Rise of the Tomb Raider. Have you played it yet? Let's discuss Rise, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfRaider View Post
In any case, on another note, I happy to be getting a new PC up and running soon hopefully, so not only I can finally work on a 3D program for school and side projects, but also to be more updated with gaming. I won't be able to run the best settings, but I sure I will still run say Rise when it comes to PC. I pretty much became a PC person TR wise heh heh.
That's awesome because apparently we will be hearing about the PC version very very very soon.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 04:10   #23034
WolfRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I don't get this. If you feel like you have to comment how awful the Reboot is (I personally would never waste my time like that), there's a specific section for that already. This is a subforum for Rise of the Tomb Raider. Have you played it yet? Let's discuss Rise, then.

That's awesome because apparently we will be hearing about the PC version very very very soon.
Yeah darn teasing here. Should be Feb or March at latest hopefully. I not sure if they would really release it next month, but hey I would take it.

Last edited by WolfRaider; 10-12-15 at 04:11.
Old 10-12-15, 04:12   #23035
Mr GaGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
You know what kills me inside sometimes. From the moment I got here and was admittedly very vocal of my dislike of the reboot. I had nothing but crap thrown at me here, there and everywhere. I had some of you come onto my god damn tumblr telling me to kill myself over what? A god damn opinion about a freakin videogame and a FICTIONAL character. Seriously. Y'know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of some of you acting so high and mighty over anyone that doesn't kiss CD's ass raw and any time I've tried to talk I've been bullied into submission by some of you. Now granted I get along outside this ROTTR board pretty damn well and I enjoy interacting with so many of you but I'm not going to stand by and watch certain members spout over and over again about how horrible I and others are and how trollish we are. Any time any member has been in distress over anything I've tried to be helpful and supportive. I've had NOTHING but BS thrown at me and for what? A BAD opinion, An opinion you don't like Well, I'm sorry, I'm not the one running around plotting deviously to subject some poor suckers tumblr or social media with abhorrent threats and suicide baiting because they like something I don't like.

I'll tell you all something I'm tired. I'm tired of trying so hard to be nice even when people put words in my mouth and condescend me and belittle me constantly.

You think the negativity affects you? Well, try being in my shoes and yeah yeah I get this whole "Hurr if you don't like it turn off your internet u obviously can't handle it" Yeah, how about no, Why the hell should I shut down my experiences online because some of you decided that I'm apparently expendable over an OPINION someone doesn't like.

It makes me sick, I've tried to forgive and forget. I've tried to just let it go, but no I can't because when you guys are running the mouth telling everyone to block myself and others and putting us down labeling us trolls and haters yet in the same token send threats and spiteful names towards us I just can't stand by here and watch this utter hypocrisy any longer.

I might not like the reboot infact I think it's utterly terrible and the worst iteration of Lara yet. I hate the VA, I hate the writing, I hate everything about it. I don't wish the people who made it harm I just wish they would make something more akin to the originals. If you like the reboot that's great more power to you but I'm going to keep voicing my damn opinions if you like it or not because they're mine and you will not silence me or any others because you don't feel comfortable and it doesn't feel like a "safe space" for you.

I'm not targeting anyone or calling out in particular here because that would be wrong, I'm letting ya'll know how I really feel about all this crap and what's really been going on I've talked about that happening to me several times yet some people don't get the message, You're not all sunshine and roses and you aren't all "Super good" people some of you can be right arseholes honestly, and I'm ashamed I ever let it get to me this badly but it has.

This is all I have left to say.
Feel free to make fun of me too, if it makes your self esteem sky rocket.

I don't care anymore. I'm gonna hide out for a few days until this blows over. I had to get this out.
No one is picking on you. You do not like the reboot and you have stated that over and over. I get it and so do so many others . The Tomb Raider Level Editor is available if you want some classic original 1996 TR gameplay and feeling. The LC series is also available for people who prefer puzzles to combat.

There is so many TR games to choose from that is should not be hard for you to pick one and stick to it and ignore the ones you hate, which would be reboot . You won't be seeing her anymore for a few years anyways since her new game just came out.
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 04:49   #23036
OrangeFr3ak

The earliest release I'm guessing for the next TR game would be 2017.
OrangeFr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 05:01   #23037
SlugOverlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak View Post
still not enough time for the writers to come up with something that doesnt suck balls
SlugOverlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 05:06   #23038
WolfRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak View Post
Eh more likely 2018. Wonder what they going to name it after Tomb Raider, Rise of Tomb Raider (and no not Fall of the Tomb Raider).
Old 10-12-15, 05:46   #23039
b.gluch

Reboot of the Tomb Raider
b.gluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 05:47   #23040
starstruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugOverlord View Post
still not enough time for the writers to come up with something that doesnt suck balls
It's gonna be 3 strikes and you're out with me.

They better fire Rhianna's lame self and give Lara a personality next go around. I can't keep making excuses for their shortcomings anymore.
starstruck is offline   Reply With Quote