Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 08-06-16, 20:21   #51
ultrajordan

Although it is one of my favourite games, I can't ignore the fact that the game's combat system is strat up obnoxious I mean come on rage bar. And also Greece, I know this is so first world problem but still,
1. St. Francis Folly wtf Atlas wasn't even a god and Damocles wasn't, I'm not sure about this one, even a Greek God I think it was either a Roman god or a Greek-Roman God and even if he was he was a lesser god.
2. The Colosseum isn't even in Greece it's in Rome
ultrajordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-16, 23:35   #52
Lara Croft 25

I beat Tomb Raider Anniversary many times on both PS2 and xbox 360. I'm thinking about getting it for PC because my laptop can handle it.

I think this game encompasses what Tomb Raider is; adventure, discovery, exploration, some mild combat, puzzles, and traps. The game also had great atmosphere and ambiance & Lara Croft looks great! The graphics are very good as well.

Obviously the combat is not a strong point in the game, but I don't care because I can play other Tomb Raiders.

Why did this game not sell well? I mean it's a REMAKE of the original Tomb Raider which sold very well & made Lara an icon.

You're not alone on your appreciation of this game.
Lara Croft 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 08:30   #53
tomee

I never understood those who complain so much about the "butchering" of Atlantis. I completed TR1 and thought it was the least inspired section. It was such a huge letdown after Greece and Egypt. In my opinion CD made the right decision by cutting back areas and revamping sections. Especially the last level. That was so easy and short in the original.

The one thing I do wish they didn't change was the style. I think the meaty, veiny, fatty textures made the place really creepy. As if you were exploring the insides of a large living creature or something.

Last edited by tomee; 09-06-16 at 08:32.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 11:09   #54
LateRaider
Inactive

Despite a lengthy rant topic of mine, Anniversary is probably my favorite of the Crystal Dynamics TRs. So you're definitely not alone.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 14:19   #55
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I never understood those who complain so much about the "butchering" of Atlantis. I completed TR1 and thought it was the least inspired section. It was such a huge letdown after Greece and Egypt. In my opinion CD made the right decision by cutting back areas and revamping sections. Especially the last level. That was so easy and short in the original.

The one thing I do wish they didn't change was the style. I think the meaty, veiny, fatty textures made the place really creepy. As if you were exploring the insides of a large living creature or something.
This part reminded me very much of some Quake 3 levels.

I personally liked the architecture, even though the Pyramid climb was such a bitch.

Overall, I thought TRA was a very worthy game, gives you the most absorbing play of any of the LAU series.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-16, 18:19   #56
red_lion

I'm replaying the game. I it looks wonderfull as ever. The menu system is way better than Legend or Underworld.

I get the system of adreline dodge. I love it. It's easy (after playing the game 2 times out).

But.. what I absolutely hate is that she cannot jump to places that are in reach. In TR1 and TR2. You could explore and look for hidden places. Jump on rocks where you don't suppose to be there. That fun is now over.

Also what I hate is that you cannot carry much shotgun shells. So you cannot collect all the shells. And I like collecting.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-16, 18:48   #57
Ashnod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I never understood those who complain so much about the "butchering" of Atlantis. I completed TR1 and thought it was the least inspired section...In my opinion CD made the right decision by cutting back areas and revamping sections. Especially the last level.
Agreed, but probably for different reasons.

When I replayed TR1 a few years ago, I was shocked at how much I disliked the Atlantis section after looking forward to seeing them again.

I will always replay TRA than TR1, and especially the Atlantis levels, given the choice.

Last edited by Ashnod; 11-06-16 at 18:51.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-16, 19:20   #58
Jorje Croft

I'm replaying TR1 now, I have never played it after TRA. so... its great game but come on... TRA is really good remake . The things which are changed really needed to be changed. Hating everything new is just odd. Truth is truth.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-16, 19:50   #59
Love2Raid

Definitely not, I really enjoyed this game! I'm actually glad it's so different. We already have TR1, no need for a copy.

Although I really hope we get a remastered collection of the classics. Playing the PSN version of TR1 right now and it looks much worse than I remember it...
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-16, 19:57   #60
lizardspock110

I have never played Tomb Raider I, It never worked on our computer when I was small because of windows xp I think.

I used to love thinking and day dreaming about what the adventure was about, the areas Lara visited and how the environments looked, I must say, the vision I had was waaay different from the game itself

I think anniversary would've been so much better if they made the color scheme brighter and different

I love how they made the waterfall room in anniversary because it was bright and colorful, in the original is was drab and colorless...
In Egypt they should have put more sand, made the sand brighter yellow, made more details to the pillars and walls etc.

Egypt is my favorite level in anniversary because I love the atmosphere, its fantastic, the music is wonderful and adds to the charm, the sphinx is gorgeous too, it actually gives me nostalgia too
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote