Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > International Tomb Raider Forums

Old 08-08-10, 21:02   #751
KamilM_93

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
Install also the export Script by Dusan.
Export your boot with File->Export-->MeshAscii
[IMG]http://i35.************/24ozn9w_tn.jpg[/IMG]

==============

Für statiche Modelle, benützt am besten das Script von Dusan. Es kann zusätzlich installiert werden.

@KamilM_93

You have Blender ?
Yes
KamilM_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-10, 22:23   #752
ClankDaxter

@ daventry, are you exporting with XNAaraL's scripts? If you want a non-posable model you need to import and export with Dusan's script's

That might do the work! I guess...

Ohh and please tell me: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8...nshot001lj.jpg [What is that on the right and how did you open it?

Btw, does anybody knows how to rig Chris from Resident Evil? I'm trying to rig him but whenever I move the arm bones his body also moves. Same happens to the neck and his back If anyone can help me with this I would apreciate the help!

And if anyone know how to rig faces, help is also needed! For some reason I can never do that right!

Last edited by ClankDaxter; 08-08-10 at 22:32.
ClankDaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-10, 22:44   #753
daventry

Talking

I DID IT, THANK YOU XNARAL and the rest of you guys.

I have Exported.mesh the Single Boot to Generic Lara and it worked, i just Deleted all the Useless Human Textures and kept the Boot Textures

By the way, if im gonna Import a Dusan Original to Blender and then Import a Generic from a Member, then it must be Import.mesh for Generic Hat, Not Import.meshExt

Wouldent i be needing these, especially loading a Generic Item like the Hat
Import.mesh
or Import.obj

Like if i Import a Generic Model from a Member Only, how do i Export it

Last edited by daventry; 15-04-14 at 18:12.
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-10, 22:46   #754
ClankDaxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
I DID IT, THANK YOU XNARAL

By the way, if im gonna Import a Dusan Original to Blender and then Import a Generic from a Member, then it must be Import.mesh, Not Import.mesh (Ext)
What? I guess you mean you need to import with Dusan's Scripts right? No... You must never import with Dusan's Scripts unless you don't want to import the bone data. Wich you want otherwise you would have to rig the whole model again!
Old 08-08-10, 22:51   #755
daventry

Smile

Dont quote my Post please, its right there.

I Imported the Boot with the Mesh from Dusan, because i want the Boot ONLY
Old 08-08-10, 23:12   #756
ClankDaxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
Dont quote my Post please, its right there.

I Imported the Boot with the Mesh from Dusan, because i want the Boot ONLY
I like to quote Do not the Devil weave them, and your post get deleted xD We never know (yes, I'm a bit neurotic. But in a bad way)

Uhh, yes! So now, I guess you have to export with Dusan's script. But then you won't have the root bone either. Is that okay? And I'm not sure if it will work either, I have never done it before!
Old 08-08-10, 23:34   #757
daventry

Smile How To Remove Parts With Original Mods By Dusan Only

Open XNALara and load the Character Model, then press F11 on your Keyboard and save it in the Model Folder as generic_item and close the Program.

Open Blender and Press A twice, then hit Delete and press Enter to remove everything inside.

Go to File - Import - ImportMeshAsciiExtended then hit the little P button until you reach your Root Drive.

Direct to XNALara\Data\Character and select the generic_item.ascii then Import it.

Click on View and click on Front to view your Character, then press Alt Z to Colour your Character.

You can also use the Z Button to go into Solid or Grid Mode.

CNTRL Wheel: Left/Right - Shift Wheel: Up/Down - NumPad Keys for Camera Turn.

Right click just below the header above and left click on split screen, then left click to keep that view.

On the split screen, click on the small block below, then click on outliner and delete the Eyeballs from the Character.

Right click on a part of your Model and press Delete, then press Enter to remove that piece.

You can also select a Model part to make it bigger or smaller. Press S, then move the mouse to see it grow or shrink.

If you select a part of your Model and you don’t want to delete an important area, here is how.

Press Tab to go into Edit Mode, then you will see all the vertices glowing yellow.

Press A to deselect, then you will see very tiny pink dots.

Press B twice until you see a circle on your Mouse Pointer, then use the Wheel on your Mouse to make the Circle Bigger and Left Click on a vertices (Pink Dots) where you'll see those vertices glowing yellow.

You can also hold in the Left Mouse Button while sliding your Pointer over the Object.

Press Delete and Enter, then those parts are now erased.

Press Tab and return to Object mode, then right click on the border of the split screen and join the windows.

Go to XNALara\Data and make a New Character Folder, then put the meshasciitobin.exe and modpublisher.exe into your New Folder and go to Blender.

Go to File - Export - ExportMeshAsciiExtended then hit the little P button until you reach your Root Drive.

Direct to XNALara\Data\New Character and type in the header generic_item.mesh.ascii then Export it.

Close Blender, then delete the old Character Folder.

Go to My Computer\Drive\XNALara\New Character Folder and drag the generic_item.mesh to meshasciitobin.exe then look as it makes your file into a mesh file.

Double click on ModPublisher.exe to make a New Generic Folder with New Files, then Rename and Copy that Folder to another destination in XNALara\Data

Now delete the Old Folder, then Load XNALara and open your New Mod.
================================================== ===================================
Tip: When you Delete Everything from a Model including the Bones while keeping the Boot for example, then Export it with ExportMeshAscii

Last edited by daventry; 11-04-11 at 22:02.
Old 09-08-10, 07:16   #758
warlama

so im new to these editing tools and a bit confused. will this allow me to add or take away something from a lara model eg. a boot or a glove or a jacket or something like that but keep the skeleton in tact so i can use the modified lara model in xna again?
warlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 07:44   #759
daventry

Smile

Yes My Tutorial will, its the one just above Your Post
Old 09-08-10, 12:43   #760
ClankDaxter

For people who don't like to open Blender and see that cube, and delete it:

>Open Blender

>Delete the cube

>Click on View and change from Orthographic to Perspective

>Move the camera down until you are satisfied with the view you have

>Click on File>Save Default Settings... or press Ctrl+U

>Exit Blender. Enter again, and now you won't see the Cube and you don't have to move down the camera again. You can just start importing your model and begin your work.