Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 23-07-17, 14:58   #41
Opaque79

The Tomb Raider Automated Fix works fine.

The TombATI installer from the glidos website can't find any installations (have GOG version) and always fails to extract from CD.

Not an issue as I don't use it but still would like to know what is going on.

EDIT; Just worked on Steam version. But if I decide to switch to TombATI, I will use the Automated Fix installer.

I no longer wish to discuss this, thank you.

Last edited by Opaque79; 23-07-17 at 15:07.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 15:14   #42
Trap_One3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post

The TombATI installer from the glidos website can't find any installations (have GOG version) and always fails to extract from CD.

EDIT; Just worked on Steam version. But if I decide to switch to TombATI, I will use the Automated Fix installer.

Well if you ever want it to work on your GOG version you should try this Tutorial on Youtube if you haven't checked it yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__vl_phzTKQ&t=229s
Trap_One3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 15:56   #43
Wooxman

TombATI doesn't install itself into the GoG or Steam directory anyway, but just copies the game files from there and creates a completely separate directory.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 19:09   #44
jschuuring
Inactive

by me tombati says ready to load from cd, but failt, so i put the files manually in, i have the originel cd.
jschuuring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-17, 07:49   #45
Glidos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post

Ignoring your last sentence, I've likely found out what the problem is: for the TombATI installer to copy files from the GoG version, it needs both TRI and TRII installed. GoG puts keys in the Windows registry for TRII's location on disk, and the TombATI installer uses that to locate TRI.
Glidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 22:22   #46
Opaque79

Makes sense. I don't have the GOG version of TR2 installed due to incompatibility with Windows 10. I have the Steam version installed so that would explain why that worked and the GOG version did not.
Old 24-08-17, 21:08   #47
aaronp

A note because there was some discussion about gamepad mappers: I use Antimicro. See https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro/releases

This is open source, so you aren't going to see a single dev decide to put it behind a paywall.
aaronp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-17, 11:09   #48
fallenangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronp View Post
A note because there was some discussion about gamepad mappers: I use Antimicro. See https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro/releases

This is open source, so you aren't going to see a single dev decide to put it behind a paywall.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Never heard of it before but went on YT and there are plenty of videos demonstrating its use. Looks like a good alternative to Joy2Key or XPadder.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-17, 11:17   #49
Opaque79

Had a look at AntiMicro and seems like an excellent alternative. I'll possibly use it if needed.
Old 01-09-17, 10:06   #50
dcw123

I used this to run the game, but it will randomly crash when sometimes entering the inventory, loading a new level or statistics screen (like when level skipping)
Annoyingly I can run TR1 and 2 perfectly on my phone via PSX emulation - yet the same will not work on PC emulators? Very annoying

And yes I own the originals on PSX and PC..

So I have just bought TR1 for the third time - this time on Steam.. I hope it works! Only cost me £5 though so no biggie

Last edited by dcw123; 01-09-17 at 10:24.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote