www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Old Yesterday, 13:08   #4161
PinkyPromise
Historian

In October open Blade Runner too. Maybe we have a trailer. Many events in October hahah
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:09   #4162
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
Well that would go along with the idea of New York Comic Con being the place to reveal the trailer as well, since all of this takes place in October.
Hopefully, MIPCOM could debut the full film though which is exciting although probably not with finished effects yet.
Old Yesterday, 13:15   #4163
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Hopefully, MIPCOM could debut the full film though which is exciting although probably not with finished effects yet.
The film will look very unfinished would it not? Also I don't think the soundtrack would be fully produced yet either.

If they are going to premiere scenes at this MITCOM thing, I'm sure a trailer will be ready by the next Comic Con in October. IT comes out soon and Bladerunner in October so I'm sure they'll attach the trailer to those films.

Last edited by James_Rutland; Yesterday at 13:17.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:33   #4164
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
The film will look very unfinished would it not? Also I don't think the soundtrack would be fully produced yet either.

If they are going to premiere scenes at this MITCOM thing, I'm sure a trailer will be ready by the next Comic Con in October. IT comes out soon and Bladerunner in October so I'm sure they'll attach the trailer to those films.
It would probably be a very rough cut if they'd show anything but it will be enough to give investors an idea of the product. These practises are common it's an event for industry members so it won't be trying to impress the general public the investors will know that it will be unfinished with temp soundtrack and effects if they screen it.

I am feeling in terms of trailer release that Bladerunner might be more likely than IT however if they play up an R rating or thriller aspect perhaps it could be attatched. It just seems like Blade Runner would be a better fit. Comic Con does seem like the most appropriate place for it to appear I wouldn't be surprised at all if we got another trailer for Ready Player One.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; Yesterday at 13:37.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:40   #4165
PinkyPromise
Historian

In MITCOM we may also see the poster of the movie
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:50   #4166
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

I really want this movie to blow me away. I want a poster of Alicia looking incredible as Reboot Lara with huge production values. I want a teaser and stills of Lara in action. I'm sure we'll get blown away visually, I just hope I can grow to ignore the one thing I read in the script.
Old Yesterday, 14:10   #4167
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Huge production values might not be what this is going for to be honest, I would say it's more of an indie feeling film with scope like the first Hunger Games movie.
Old Yesterday, 14:24   #4168
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Huge production values might not be what this is going for to be honest, I would say it's more of an indie feeling film with scope like the first Hunger Games movie.
I would have initially thought that, until I saw what films the cinematographers and crew worked on before. I do think it might be a bit more character study-like and Batman Begins than the Michael Bay like action piece with Lara getting thrown around every 2 minutes which is the Tomb Raider reboot.