www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 21-06-18, 17:43   #1
lance6439
Legend

Default Daria! Reboot

https://twitter.com/theavclub/status...977850368?s=21

Quote:

MTV is rebooting the beloved animated sitcom “Daria.” The new series is called “Daria & Jodie,” and it will be written by Grace Edwards, who’s worked on “Inside Amy Schumer,” “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt,” and more. According to a press release, the new “Daria” will be “reinvented through the eyes of heroine Daria Morgendorffer and one of her closest friends Jodie Landon.” The description continues, “These two smart young women take on the world, with their signature satirical voice while deconstructing popular culture, social classes, gender and race.”

The “Daria” reboot is part of MTV’s new production unit called MTV Studios, which will focus on revivals. In addition to “Daria,” MTV Studios will reboot “The Real World,” “MADE,” and the sci-fi anime series “Aeon Flux,” which will be remade as a live action show. According to Deadline, the programs are “being pitched to streaming platforms like Hulu, Netflix and Apple.”
Confirmed!
Old 21-06-18, 18:00   #2
robm_2007
Legend

Who the hell is Jodie? EDIT: Ohh, the black girl. I only remembered three characters' names...

Also, I bought the DVD set two Christmases ago, and still haven't finished it! I think I was barely into season 2. I'll need to find where it even is.

Last edited by robm_2007; 21-06-18 at 18:03.
robm_2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 01:56   #3
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Whyyyyy ?
I never really like Jodie I prefer Jane
For me the best revival of a nostalgic show recently is Ducktales 2017
Old 22-06-18, 03:42   #4
tiann
Professor

I just hope the animation won't look like some cheap ass Flash software created crap ugh.
Old 22-06-18, 17:22   #5
rewak
Professor

I was excited until I read the Jodie part. Daria and Jane were the perfect duo, the few episodes they paired Daria with Jodie were pretty dry and dull.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 04:19   #6
Lenochka
Gold Contributor

This is definitely going to be interesting. I wonder if they will keep old characters looking and acting the same. Daria and Jodie always seemed like friends in the original series, but never on a Daria and Jane level, so I'm wondering how they are going to do this without it feeling unnatural and forced. One thing I can say is that I always did like the Daria and Jodie centered episodes of the past series. She was one of the only people to ever call Daria out on things she was ignorant about.

Last edited by Lenochka; 23-06-18 at 04:26.
Lenochka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-18, 01:25   #7
WWETombRaider
Relic Hunter

I'm actually intrigued. I watched the whole series years ago but I enjoyed it. Hopefully they bring back Jane as well.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote