Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > International Tomb Raider Forums

Old 13-03-11, 18:08   #1791
Love2Raid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol.a View Post
Because you use models with the same skeleton.
Just try to add something on Lara that it's not hers (new shoes maybe), and then pose her.
Noooooooooo, they don't move!
Nope, I have been combining parts of different models (with different skeletons) for a long time now, even things that were in .obj format, and never had any problems.
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-11, 18:33   #1792
Ol.a

Did you ever pose them in Blender and test them?
Or you make your tests in XNALara and then import the new ascii again?
Ol.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-11, 18:53   #1793
Love2Raid

I just test in XNALara and then edit further in the .blend file, if necessary. I never re-import from XNALara.
Nothing moves when I pose in Blender.
Old 13-03-11, 19:34   #1794
Ol.a

Exactly!
But if you parent the meshes in Blender, then no need to export your mesh, You can test it in Blender!
Old 13-03-11, 22:01   #1795
Love2Raid

Ol.a:

So you should only do this step when you want to test the weights in Blender, otherwise it´s a waste of time. XD

Sherringui:

Ada´s dress has a vertex group with the name Group. Lara has no bone with the name ´group´!

XNAaraL explained how you can fix this:

Frequently made mistakes: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=864

Bookmark this post if you want to continue mesh modding happily!
Read it, all of it!

X not in list error: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=874

Give the Group vertex group the correct name, you can see how to do that in XNAaraL´s tutorial (link above). Don´t delete it, instead select it in the outliner window and then go to weight paint mode, to see if it has weights and where. Then you will know what name to choose for it. It must be a name that is in Lara´s bone names list. If it is a ´clean´ group, so completely blue, then you can delete it.
Old 13-03-11, 22:28   #1796
Ol.a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
Ol.a:

So you should only do this step when you want to test the weights in Blender, otherwise it´s a waste of time. XD
No, sometimes, you have to do it, in order to have a working model in XNALara. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens...
I guess you are just lucky!

Thanks for replying to Sheringui!
Old 13-03-11, 22:40   #1797
Love2Raid

No, really, it´s not necessary. I was told by XNAaraL that his exporter does this automatically, so there is really no need for it.

And you´re welcome (don´t thank me, thank XNAaraL... ).
Old 13-03-11, 23:13   #1798
Sherringui

Thank you for the help ^^ Im gonna try it, and read the tutorial.

(Please forgive me If I dont understand easy things, Im new in blender and in adittion im spanish, so there are words and expressions I dont understand ^^U )
Sherringui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-11, 07:23   #1799
Monkey 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
Ich habe dieses Forum verlassen.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Mesh!

Aufwiedersehen - your absence will be keenly felt, I'm sure.

And I just must yap on the subject of parenting and bone weighting:

Parenting (Ctrl-P -or the newer "Add Modifier" method) is necessary when creating a weighted model from scratch, though, and is the act of linking, in the model file, the vertexes of a mesh, or mesh part, to the armature so that the vertexes will move along with the bones (which are essentially handy 'names' for groups of vertexes). Weights can be made larger or smaller, depending on how much you want two or more bones to move a vertex - handy (necessary!) around joints

And weight painting, once you become familiar with it, is very much like its name: almost like using a paintbrush on the model. At first it seemed like an impenetrable mystery, but once I reached the the 'Aha!' point, it became second nature.

Of course, as XNAaraL (hard to believe we won't be seeing that forum name anymore) himself said, "Good work takes time", and the beta-testing of a model (certainly in my case!) can take a while to get just right...

Or so says the expert...

Parenting (Strg-P-oder dem neueren "Add Modifier"-Methode) ist erforderlich bei der Erstellung eines gewichteten Modell von Grund auf, aber, und ist die Handlung zu verknüpfen, in der Modell-Datei, die die Eckpunkte eines Mesh-oder Mesh-Teil auf den Anker, so dass die Eckpunkte bewegt zusammen mit den Knochen (die im wesentlichen praktisch "Namen" für Gruppen von Spitzen sind). Gewichte können größer oder kleiner gemacht werden, je nachdem wie viel Sie wollen zwei oder mehr Knochen auf eine Ecke verschieben - handlich (necessary!) der Gelenke

Und Gewicht Malerei, sobald Sie mit ihm vertraut zu werden, ist sehr ähnlich wie ihr Name: fast wie mit einem Pinsel auf das Modell. Anfangs schien es wie ein undurchdringliches Geheimnis, aber sobald ich die erreichte der "Aha!" Punkt, wurde es zur zweiten Natur.

Natürlich, wie XNAaraL (kaum zu glauben, werden wir nicht sehen, dass Forennamens mehr) selbst sagte, "Gute Arbeit braucht Zeit", und die Beta-Test eines Modells (jedenfalls in meinem Fall!) Kann eine Weile dauern bekommen genau das Richtige ...

Oder so sagt der Experte ...
Monkey 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-11, 19:51   #1800
RoxasKennedy

Hello,
I'm trying to rigg Roxas from KH2, soo, I add armatures allright, and when I added some bones, the body poses fine, except for the head, it squishes if moved. Buuut for SOME reason, the pants and shoes are COMBINED!!! How do I seperate them??

Refference picture:
[IMG]http://i51.************/3442k2h.png[/IMG]

As you can see, everything I described up there. Head is squishy, and legs and shoes are combined.
RoxasKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote