Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 02-06-07, 22:48   #1
Catapharact

Default Lights, Camera, Go X-box Live!

Open to U.S. citizens only I think. Haven't had an opportunity to read it all.

Source: http://www.newyorktelevisionfestival...tests_xbox.htm

Quote:
Always wanted to be a hit producer? Well, now is your chance - Xbox Live has teamed up with The New York Television Festival and is offering a whopping $100,000 budget to someone who can create an original and creative hit TV show. You’ll also nab a contract for six more episodes to tout your stuff and rub it in the face of your friends that you are now a known producer!

The contest known as the Xbox Live Originals, will involve reviewing a five- to fifteen-minute pilot that you create and send them. The people that make it as finalists will have their pilots submitted on Xbox Live Video Marketplace.

This contest has somehow been around since February, but I hadn’t heard of it until I was reading OXM this month, so I most certainly wanted to write a blog about it, in case some of those creative cats out there trolling might have missed this great opportunity.

However, I did notice that each submission must be accompanied by a $25 processing fee to NYTV, and I have to say - CHEAP on their part. A contest is a contest; to make people pay for submissions is pretty ridiculous in my eyes, especially considering their target audience. Why, in this day and age, you have to submit a DVD or VHS tape of your show (instead of a free digital upload) is beyond me, but I am sure these mad cats have some reasoning that goes beyond this author’s brain. This also leads me to the age limitation of "over 18," so that in itself cuts out half the Xbox Live population. (Don’t cry, little ones, your day will come!)

So, anyway, if you’re the other half of the population that is over 18 and can afford to break your piggy bank for a measly $25 dollars, break out your camera’s, your “Action” sign (I have no clue what those things are called, sue me) and your little French beret and start those creative juices flowing. In the end, if you're good, this is could prove quite the opportunity!
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote