Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 02-06-07, 14:51   #1
petujaymz

Default Cross Platform Releases - Wiimote or Analog Stick?

For the sake of argument, assume the following:

- You own a Nintendo Wii, along with either a Playstation 3 or an Xbox 360.

- In terms of graphics/levels/bonus material etc, all cross platform releases are equal.

Now that current-gen cross platform releases are becoming more common, will you choose the Wii version for its innovative control system, or opt for the traditional dual analog sticks and eight buttons?

I'm a huge Nintendo fan, fanatically loyal to their main franchises, but unless the Wii version offers something radically different as well as Wiimote functionality, I'd probably go for the PS3/360 version when it comes to a cross platform release.

Of course, Nintendo are nowhere near as dependant on cross platform releases as their rivals - exclusivity will be the key to the Wii's success.

Even so... just wondering what you guys would go for.

petujaymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-07, 15:51   #2
Mad Tony

I'd definitely go for the 360/PS3 version. In fact, I already do.
Mad Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-07, 17:23   #3
TR freak

I'd go with Wii most of the time. However if its a game that offers a good online experience then the PS3 version would be the way I go. Graphics dont matter at all to me. If they did I wouldn't have favoured PS1 and PS2. I guess it depends on the genre really. With an FPS it would be PS3 for online. For an action adventure I'd go with Wii for the unique controls. Action adventures dont offer online so the wii controls would make me choose the wii version. Platformers I'd probably go with Wii. 3rd person shooters or any kind of shooter really, its definitely PS3. Sports games depend on the sport. A football game I'd go with PS3 for online but sport games that use the wiimote well would make me choose wii.
TR freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-07, 22:37   #4
jackali
Golden

That is difficult, very. I love the Wii, but I love my 360 as well. Hmm, I'd buy/rent any game on one, then if I find it to be good enough get it for the other. That way I get the best of both worlds and don't have to decide.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote