www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: What do you want to see fixed in the Day One Patch?
Remove crushed black shadows (less contrast in image in some areas) 29 23.77%
Improve underwater graphics (looks like Lara swims through air) 85 69.67%
Add splashes when Lara jumps in the water 71 58.20%
Add bubbles when Lara moves underwater 69 56.56%
Tone down bright and obvious climbable walls texture in Hard mode 39 31.97%
Remove vertical scratches on climbable trees in Hard mode 42 34.43%
Add (more) blood when fighting enemies, add blood effect in water 43 35.25%
Improve 3D mud tech (too sensitive right now) 25 20.49%
Add different visual and audio effect for explosions underwater 26 21.31%
Make mud/dirt effect more dynamic instead of applied everywhere at once 34 27.87%
Add more detail to Lara's skin, it looks too smooth and waxy right now 66 54.10%
Make Lara's haircut less big/wide on the front (poofy hair!) 58 47.54%
Bring back a bit more of Lara's arm muscles by default 62 50.82%
Add more hair to ‘muddy undone hair’, Lara looks almost bald now 33 27.05%
Make Lara look more wet/dripping when she gets out of the water 70 57.38%
NPC facial expressions look quite stiff 30 24.59%
Fix jerky animation transitions 68 55.74%
Slow down animation speed of: sliding, climbing on edge, shimmying 45 36.89%
Make climbing up animation less clumsy > change into a proper pull up animation 58 47.54%
Improve swan dive animation 50 40.98%
Add transition animation to ‘jumping > hanging on climable wall with axes’ 43 35.25%
Make Lara’s hair less stiff, doesn’t move enough 37 30.33%
Fix animation ‘adjusting hair when climbing out water’ > hands go through head 50 40.98%
Stop Lara turning her head towards points of interest in hard mode 43 35.25%
Make Lara's flashlight manually controllable by the player 53 43.44%
Improve human enemy AI (Lara can kill right on front of them) 50 40.98%
Fix enemies teleporting to Lara when finisher is started from further away 35 28.69%
Add option to turn info pop-ups on/off 50 40.98%
Add option to turn HUD and audio prompts for tombs/crypts on/off 39 31.97%
Change proximity in which button prompts are shown, depending on difficulty 26 21.31%
Add photo mode 59 48.36%
Improve audio processing of NPC voices for more realistic voices 19 15.57%
Fix that NPC voices are really loud, even when the NPC’s are quite far away 27 22.13%
Tone down neon bright skill tree colors 19 15.57%
Reduce the size of experience points text. 20 16.39%
Fix glitch where Lara picks up ‘third axe’ in first tomb cutscene 63 51.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 15:26   #81
kiersaint
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomage View Post
I saw someone who seemed to know a lot more about game design than me say that it seems like they've intentionally turned off particle effects and some shaders for the demos, potentially because there's some glitches that they hadn't fixed yet. They also suggested it could be because they didn't want blood effects keeping their trailers from being shown on certain channels.
Either way, the implication was that it should be easy to just turn all these effects back on before shipping the game.
Yeah that sounds feasible and logical so hopefully that's the case! Thank you
kiersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:28   #82
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I fully expect that to be the case; Like I've said a lot anything shown in the run up to the release is actually a work-in-progress and anything can change. When we used to get demos they always used to say this - just because we now get gameplay videos as opposed to actual gameplay we can play ourselves doesn't make this any less true.
Old Yesterday, 15:34   #83
Scilli
Explorer

Right now, the only big complain i have about this game is the seemingly horrible AI.
AI is important, because it makes your approaches meaningful if you carefully plan out your moves. But when you can shoot a guy that is seen by another guy, without him noticing, then there is something wrong.

The AI behaves completly predicatble in ways that when something is out of a certain radius, they are blind, even if you straight up look at them in the eyes from a distance.

Also the AI seems to have no memory whatsoever. A guy could vanish 2 seconds ago and the dude just walks by without even checking if something is off.
As seen in the segment when Lara takes out guys from the water, the other dudes that are close by dont even check. I mean pulling someone into the water makes some noise, thats unavoidable.
Im not asking for hyper realism, but they should at least make the soldiers a bit more intelligent.
Old Yesterday, 15:45   #84
Fantasy
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderLover View Post
I'm really not fussed. Yes, there's some objective cosmetic flaws which could be touched up, but the gameplay itself is most important.
Exactly. No game is perfect... I’d only want a patch to fix something like a bug that makes the game unplayable.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:29   #85
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scilli View Post
Right now, the only big complain i have about this game is the seemingly horrible AI.
AI is important, because it makes your approaches meaningful if you carefully plan out your moves. But when you can shoot a guy that is seen by another guy, without him noticing, then there is something wrong.

The AI behaves completly predicatble in ways that when something is out of a certain radius, they are blind, even if you straight up look at them in the eyes from a distance.

Also the AI seems to have no memory whatsoever. A guy could vanish 2 seconds ago and the dude just walks by without even checking if something is off.
As seen in the segment when Lara takes out guys from the water, the other dudes that are close by dont even check. I mean pulling someone into the water makes some noise, thats unavoidable.

Im not asking for hyper realism, but they should at least make the soldiers a bit more intelligent.
Pretty much!

Also, I heard the "I should investigate" after seeing someone getting shot by an arrow. I should hope you'll investigate after seeing someone getting shot by an arrow... Unless, Trinity hires pure imbeciles... It would be weird for one of the most dangerous organizations in the world.
Old Yesterday, 18:15   #86
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Maybe this is what the AI is like on Easy?
Old Yesterday, 18:16   #87
2001LC20
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Maybe this is what the AI is like on Easy?
If i am not mistaken Mel played it on normal but still ****.
Old Yesterday, 18:26   #88
cephasjames
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomage View Post
I saw someone who seemed to know a lot more about game design than me say that it seems like they've intentionally turned off particle effects and some shaders for the demos, potentially because there's some glitches that they hadn't fixed yet. They also suggested it could be because they didn't want blood effects keeping their trailers from being shown on certain channels.
Either way, the implication was that it should be easy to just turn all these effects back on before shipping the game.

Edit: this was the exact comment. I don't know how credible they are, but it put me at ease a bit
So in other words (this is directed in general), what we've seen so far is not the final product and all judgments being made about an incomplete product are premature at best. It seems actually having the final product in hand would be the best way to figure out what fixes* need to be made.

*by "fixes" I mean "things that are not working as designed" not "things we don't like and think should be changed." Those are changes, not fixes.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:34   #89
R41D3R
Student

Voted those concerning Lara's hair and photo mode.

points with 60+ votes as of now:

81 Improve underwater graphics (looks like Lara swims through air)
68 Add splashes when Lara jumps in the water
67 Make Lara look more wet/dripping when she gets out of the water
66 Add bubbles when Lara moves underwater
62 Add more detail to Lara's skin, it looks too smooth and waxy right now
62 Fix jerky animation transitions
60 Fix glitch where Lara picks up ‘third axe’ in first tomb cutscene
Old Yesterday, 18:41   #90
tomee
Tomb Raider

You guys are just... come on now, seriously? This is textbook definition nit picking. I actually chuckled when I saw this poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Its for the day one patch, you know, that thing developers put out because why actually FINISH the game before going gold?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Same here, I hate how Day one patches are a common thing now, I wouldn't mind it if they were only done ocassionally for genuine mistakes, but nowadays it seems dev just make the bare minimum of Playable then make it gold and just go "Ehh, we'll send a patch out later"
That's really not fair to say. They don't produce day 1 patches because they were so lazy during development. There is a strict timetable that they have to follow and the developers are doing a lot of crunching in the weeks up until the game goes gold.

You make it sound like as if they went "Yeah **** this, I'm bored. I can't be bothered to finish this. We'll just patch it later." That's really ignorant to say.