www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old Yesterday, 18:25   #171
2001LC20
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiro1989 View Post
The terms early build can no longer apply. Early build means that it's the beta versions of the game (0.1 to 0.9, before reaching the build 1.0), however the game is gold and has been for quite some time.

An earlier build might be a more accurate thing to say, or the gold version before the Day One patch.
Well whatever it would be called! It can't go unnoticed. Maaaaayyyyyyyybe...
Old Yesterday, 18:27   #172
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
Well whatever it would be called! It can't go unnoticed. Maaaaayyyyyyyybe...
It's all good! The only thing is that this is also part of non-CGI scenes. You can't predict how the materials/textures will react in all situations, unless I'm mistaken. I assume that would take longer development periods. Visual glitches or game glitches are always likely to happen to a certain extent.
Old Yesterday, 18:30   #173
cephasjames
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiro1989 View Post
The terms early build can no longer apply. Early build means that it's the beta versions of the game (0.1 to 0.9, before reaching the build 1.0), however the game is gold and has been for quite some time.

An earlier build might be a more accurate thing to say, or the gold version before the Day One patch.
If any gameplay has been shown from anything other than the final product, then its an early build. Since the game is not yet in the hands of customers to compare the final version with what has been shown, and EM hasn't stated one way or the other, we can only assume that what has been shown is from an early build.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:37   #174
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
If any gameplay has been shown from anything other than the final product, then its an early build. Since the game is not yet in the hands of customers to compare the final version with what has been shown, and EM hasn't stated one way or the other, we can only assume that what has been shown is from an early build.
The game was announced as being gold on July 25, 2018. The game was previewed to a lot of media on July 20, 2018 from what I understand. 5 days before the official announcement. Not sure when Melonie and co. got their preview, but I very strongly doubt that SE would invest in those big events or sharing an early version of a game, to allow them to make a final preview of the game.
Old Yesterday, 18:40   #175
TRBeth
Professor

The graphics quality I've seen has not been so good, even though there is certainly a lot of jungle detail; quality is not good for me. However, demonstrations have been on consoles so I expect the quality to be sub-par to PC, which is what I play on.

My eyes are just used to a lot better than what I have been seeing so far, even when comparing Shadow to Rise, Rise is better. Hopefully, it will all work itself out in the final product with graphics that are at least as good as Rise. I wish that the companies would release PC versions along with consoles....fans would get a better showing of the game with early PC demos and you'd think that would boost sales.
TRBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:25   #176
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
This always makes me laugh! What the pores is going on?
Legends is online now   Reply With Quote