Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Carnby View Post
[/UR]
What is from Rise?
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 01:10   #72
tomblover

So the rope doesn't drape over her arse properly, and there's a slight deformation of the mesh at the shoulder. Wow. Okay.

Can I be the next person to complain, about the fact Lara clips through plants as she walks in thick foliage? It's actually noticeable -- if you slow any footage down to a crawl...
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 01:26   #73
SpyrosMonster

I don't understand why people criticize those who point out those small things. They are still mistakes and no one said it's the end of the world. It's just odd when those problems are introduced now after not existing in the last game. That's why it's odd. We'll just have to wait and see until we get the final build if they are still there.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 01:31   #74
Lyle Croft

Wasn't there movement clothing and deformation in Rise?
Or supposedly there was
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 01:33   #75
iWANEX
Golden

I've been watching videos today and I can't find any that shows Lara's outfit actually wet after she gets out of water. Could someone direct me to one, please?
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 01:35   #76
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
I don't understand why people criticize those who point out those small things. They are still mistakes and no one said it's the end of the world. It's just odd when those problems are introduced now after not existing in the last game. That's why it's odd. We'll just have to wait and see until we get the final build if they are still there.
Mesh deformation and inaccurate object physics are inevitable "problems" that happen in every game, though.

I can tell you now that mesh deformation and inaccurate object physics were a thing in ROTTR as well -- and in TR2013, and in TRU...

It really doesn't serve any purpose to point them out -- at least not when they're so minor that nobody has a ****ing clue what you're talking about until you provide pictures.

In the classic games, Lara's hands are literally facing backwards in many of the animations where she uses them. You don't really notice -- it's a non-issue.

Last edited by tomblover; 12-08-18 at 01:39.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 01:37   #77
Princess_Paige
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
I agree. I have no doubt from what I’ve seen that it will be the best reboot game and potentially my favourite in the whole series. But I don’t understand why we are having these problems, tbh the graphics should have been a step up from Rise (in my opinion) and at the very least should have been on par with Rise which is still a very impressive looking game. It’s also odd that the actual environment in Shadow looks so photo realistic but the characters don’t. They haven’t fixed any of the animations, her hair looks worse than ever, her ponytail is nowhere near as realistic as it was in Rise despite using the same tech, there’s barely any details on the character models, underwater swimming looks like she’s flying, there seems to be quite a few bugs, the cutscenes are graphically very underwhelming e.c.t I don’t say any of this as a jab to EM who I can tell have put a lot of love into this game, and aside from those things the game seems incredible and what everyone has been asking for. I just don’t understand why we are having all of these problems and in makes me disappointed. But hey, Daniel confirmed that there will be a day one patch and that they’re still polishing things. We also don’t know wether or not all this gameplay was from the final build. I’m really curious to see if any of these things have been addressed when the game launches
Princess_Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 01:50   #78
Jaffa_Cakes

I would love if the developers gave a summary of what things they are improving graphically for the day one patch so we can just be a tad bit more relieved.
Jaffa_Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 02:04   #79
Tommy123

I think they're above average but the small details could be looked at a bit more
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 02:51   #80
klona
Golden

Rise's environments looked terrible, but Lara looked amazing.

In Shadow it seems like it's the other way around imo.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote