Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 22-04-17, 10:18   #51
Glidos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famicom View Post
Any tutorial on how to extract and replace textures on Tomb Raider?
No, but there's a lot of info in this thread on vogons: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7486 and there's this tool that does all sorts of things, including extracting the textures fromt the level files in the form of a Glidos texture pack:
http://download.glidos.net/GenEquivMap-1_07.exe

It's far easier to create a texture pack for Glidos and then convert for TombATI than to create one directly.
Glidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-17, 10:20   #52
Glidos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
I miss the fact that Matt had stopped working on his newer textures for Xtra, as on the screen roll on the website they looked amazing and I really enjoyed JC's take on the textures as it gave the game a totally new atmosphere.
Yes, is a shame that Matt didn't continue on past the first two levels. JC's are great as you say. Also Silverlok's get better and better as you progress through the game. His later textures are superb.
Old 22-04-17, 10:23   #53
Glidos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
When it comes to the gold reflective Lara, as an alternative to an actual reflection effect, wouldn't it be possible to have a static gold texture?
That too would be very difficult because the game wouldn't be supplying texture coordinates for the triangles.
Old 22-04-17, 12:18   #54
Glidos

Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post
Honestly, the only thing you need to do is convert the HD textures to work with gold and add the Unfinished Business background as it is stil the original.
Actually the HD textures work to some degree with UB. You just need to add the texture_directory setting to the end of tombub.ini as it is in tombati.ini.

The texture packs are bitty on UB. TR1HD has textures for these levels but they are just upscales of the originals. JC's too just update the text and passport, leaving everything as original. But Silverlok's, on the other hand, seem to update quite a lot of the game.
Old 22-04-17, 16:55   #55
annl

So Glidos, would it be possible for you to use your converter script to completely retexture Unfinished Business like TR1?
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-17, 17:48   #56
Glidos

Quote:
So Glidos, would it be possible for you to use your converter script to completely retexture Unfinished Business like TR1?
Well sort of. It looks like the majority of UB textures are copies from TR, and there's a way I can generate the appropriate tiles for UB for those, but we'd need the artists to get back involved for the rest.

I've actually been looking at doing that, this afternoon. The convert run just finished. Not sure how successful it's been yet.
Old 22-04-17, 17:57   #57
annl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidos View Post
Well sort of. It looks like the majority of UB textures are copies from TR, and there's a way I can generate the appropriate tiles for UB for those, but we'd need the artists to get back involved for the rest.

I've actually been looking at doing that, this afternoon. The convert run just finished. Not sure how successful it's been yet.
I look forward to hearing the results.
Old 22-04-17, 18:39   #58
Glidos

Quote:
I look forward to hearing the results.
Looks fairly good from a quick look at the first level, but from looking at the tiles there are some missing textures. Still, the new version of the pack is up on the TRX site.
Old 22-04-17, 18:57   #59
annl

What? Are the texture packs updated? I doqwnload TombATI v1.4 and the HD textures work with UB but are there updated ones?
Old 22-04-17, 20:23   #60
Glidos

Quote:
What? Are the texture packs updated? I doqwnload TombATI v1.4 and the HD textures work with UB but are there updated ones?
You also want the new version of JC's texture pack from the TRX site. That's what I've just uploaded.