Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tutorials and Resources

Old 11-10-09, 00:47   #61
V a l T iE L

I always wanted to see a tutorial about making enemies...
3 things especially:

-making a TRex (is in the setha slot but doesnt fly or shoot anything, so that would be nice to know how its done)

-making a mummy from TR1 (also in the setha slot, some mummies only shoot a single fireball instead of many as the original seth god enemy)

-making a custom enemy, just a simple one (not the meshes, the animations), maybe in the baddy slot
Im specially interested in how does an enemy know when to shoot, for example demigod 3 shoots a single energy bolt most of the times but another animation shoots many of them all around, so how does the game know when to shoot or how many attacks to launch?

hope its possible and not too much to ask

Last edited by V a l T iE L; 11-10-09 at 00:53.
V a l T iE L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 00:50   #62
KurtisandLara
Golden

Well first off this isn't a tutorial so it should be moved to the general TRLE section only tutorials are supposed to be posted here .
Anyways the Mummy from TR1 only shooting 1, that can be done by putting it in the demigod slot...
And to make an enemy you would have to use meta. and create the meshes and all that .
KurtisandLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 00:58   #63
V a l T iE L

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtisandLara View Post
Well first off this isn't a tutorial so it should be moved to the general TRLE section only tutorials are supposed to be posted here .
Im sorry please correct me if im mistaken...

I saw this was a thread about requesting tutorials am i right?
Old 11-10-09, 01:36   #64
God Horus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtisandLara View Post
Anyways the Mummy from TR1 only shooting 1, that can be done by putting it in the demigod slot...
And to make an enemy you would have to use meta. and create the meshes and all that .
No it shouldn't, this thread was made by an old LE moderator and it shouldn't be moved because he isn't a moderator anymore. If the thread is about tutorial ideas/suggestions/etc, it would be pointless to have it in the main section when the things would be posted in the tutorial section anyways.
God Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 09:05   #65
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by V a l T iE L View Post
Im sorry please correct me if im mistaken...

I saw this was a thread about requesting tutorials am i right?
Right. You put your question in the right thread.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 09:31   #66
KurtisandLara
Golden

oh sorry my bad i didn't see this was an actual thread im sorry i thought he just created a thread .
Old 11-10-09, 17:09   #67
V a l T iE L

Arrow

So now that is all cleared... thankfully

The thing is, i tried to restore an animation from demigod 3 that wasnt included on the new enemy, the one in which it shoots many things everywhere, and i restored the animation but no bolts came out of it. maybe i did it wrong, havent had the time to try to make all the animations equal to the original demigod

A tutorial on extracting enemies from other tr games and putting them to work would be nice if anyone knows how to do it
Old 11-10-09, 17:17   #68
Titak

I don't know how to that either, so I'd be interested as well.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 20:19   #69
KurtisandLara
Golden

Well i just found the demigod from an old wad that was either included with the LE or it came in the updated wads.
And i just copied it over and it worked.
Old 12-10-09, 02:17   #70
V a l T iE L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
I don't know how to that either, so I'd be interested as well.
Thanks Titak! now there is more of us

The thing is the normal demigod works just fine, what im trying to edit is someone else's enemy... someone made a few meshes (less than the original demigod), put them together and gave them animations similar to the demigod 3, but it doesnt use all of them, so some things the demigod 3 slot can do, this enemy can't, despite its in the same slot.

I cant copy the meshes over the original one with WADMerger because the mesh number is different

So the only thing left to try is to remake most of the animations and see if that works. But i cant do it if i dont know how can you work with that kind of attack animations