Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 28-03-13, 19:33   #1
lcroft_lc

Default XBOX One - Discussion Thread

XBOX One specs:
Bluray drive, 8GB ram, 8 core CPU 500GB HDD, 3 Operating systems.

XBOX One event Trailers and Videos:
List of Xbox One games Revealed so far

Exclusives:
Forza Motorsport 5 – Microsoft Studios/Turn 10
Quantum Break – Microsoft Studios/Remedy Entertainment

Multiplatform:
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag – Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal
Battlefield 4 – Electronic Arts/DICE
Call of Duty: Ghosts – Activision/Infinity Ward
Destiny – Activision/Bungie
FIFA 14 – EA Sports/EA Canada
Madden NFL 25 – EA Sports/EA Tiburon
NBA Live – EA Sports/EA Tiburon
Thief – Square Enix/Eidos Montreal
UFC – EA Sports/EA Canada
Watch Dogs – Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal

Xbox One: All the facts

Quote:
A complete list of details on the hardware, services and games

Xbox One: Hardware

• Microsoft describes the console as "the ultimate, all in one home entertainment system"
  • The console is shaped in the 16:9 aspect ratio and supports horizontal orientation optimised for its Blu-ray disc player
  • Xbox will host 8GB of RAM and be based on 64bit architecture
  • Xbox One will transfer data through USB 3.0 and operates silently
  • Xbox One co-habits three operating systems in one: one features "deep and instant access to hardware"; second is a Windows operating system; and the third is custom made for multi-tasking
  • Xbox One engineers "did not target the highest-end graphics" when designing the console, which is targeted more as "a broad entertainment play"
  • Xbox One will launch around the world "later this year"
  • All Xbox One games will require mandatory installation and will be tied to Xbox Live accounts
  • There is a fee to install games on a second user's console, with players who activate a pre-owned disc required to pay the same price as the original buyer in order to access its content
  • After installation, games can be played without a disc being in the tray
  • Microsoft is designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games. It will share more details on this process at a later date
  • There is no mandatory always-online requirement for Xbox One games. Developers can choose to implement it themselves.
  • Xbox One does not always have to be connected, but does require a connection to the Internet, possibly once every day
  • Xbox One will not play Xbox 360 titles
  • Microsoft will "continue to support [Xbox 360] with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future"
  • An improved 1080p Kinect sensor will ship with every Xbox One, it is "now an essential and integrated part of the platform"
  • Next-gen Kinect will be released for PC
  • Kinect can be used to navigate live television using voice and gestures
  • "Snap" feature allows applications to be overlaid on your TV for multitasking
  • Kinect has been redesigned to be more responsive and "conversational" with users
  • Kinect "understands the slightest rotation of wrist, shift balance, transfer of motion, and when you're exercising it can read your heartbeat"
  • Xbox One turns on with the voice command "Xbox on"
  • "Live switching" via voice commands instantly jumps between games, the internet, movies, music and other entertainment
  • Skype on Xbox One will enable group video calls on your TV in HD
  • TV shows on Xbox One can be found using voice and motion controls, through a personal favourites area, or via a trending section
  • Xbox One's new controller is "designed by gamers, for gamers, for the next generation" and features over 40 design innovations
  • The controller's form factor is similar to the Xbox 360 pad
  • The controller features two buttons where the home button used to be, which are used primarily for UI functions
  • The controller has a redesigned D-pad
  • The controller's triggers are referred to as "Impulse Triggers" and developers will be able to "program feedback directly into the triggers"
  • The controller has an "integrated battery compartment" and will communicate with the console via a fast Wi-Fi connection.
Xbox One: Services and media

• Xbox One's TV integration is enabled by connecting the console to BT, Virgin, Sky, or Freeview boxes using a HDMI pass-through (sold separately)
  • TV features will initially only be available in the US. Microsoft is "anticipating a global launch over time"
  • A live-action Halo TV series is in production. Steven Spielberg is executive producing in collaboration with 343 industries
  • Microsoft has promised "an all-new generation of Xbox Live that is more powerful, more personal and more intelligent"
  • Xbox Live will have enhanced cloud functionality, improved matchmaking and new social features
  • Players can install games in "segments" to allow them to start playing before the full title is downloaded.
  • Automatic background downloads and updates will be been introduced
  • "Smart Match," Microsoft's new matchmaking tech, will give players an estimated wait time for finding other players in a multiplayer game, and will enable them to enjoy other activities while waiting
  • Xbox Live will track skill levels more accurately to find equally-capable opponents
  • 'Game DVR' will let players capture and edit gameplay footage, and post highlights to their Xbox Live profile and social networks
  • Games will use the cloud to evolve and learn from actual players, meaning that dynamic, living worlds evolve and improve the more you play
  • Existing Xbox Live Gold memberships will "seamlessly carry over to Xbox One"
  • Gamerscores will carry over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One
  • A new Achievements system will feature fresh social elements that let you share your accomplishments with friends
  • Xbox Live's friends list has been expanded to support 1,000 people
  • Xbox One marketplace will not file games into discrete categories such as Xbox Live Arcade or Indie Games, with all title set to be listed in a unified games section

Xbox One: Games

• Microsoft will release 15 exclusive games in Xbox One's first year. Eight of these titles will be new IPs
  • Forza 5 will be available at launch on Xbox One, developed by Turn 10
  • EA has announced a "broad strategic partnership" with Microsoft for titles on Xbox One. FIFA, NBA Live, Madden NFL and UFC titles will be available for Xbox One "in the next twelve months"
  • EA's games are powered by Ignite, a new EA Sports engine that "blurs the line between real and virtual"
  • Alan Wake creator Remedy is developing 'Quantum Break', a story-driven action game featuring decision-based scenarios
  • Quantum Break "blurs the line between gaming and TV by integrating drama and gameplay into one seamless, uniquely immersive experience. How you play the game impacts the show, and the show informs how you play the game"
  • Remedy has said it will return to Alan Wake "when the time is right". It has said it will provide more details soon
  • Call of Duty downloadable content will arrive first on Xbox One
  • Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Watch Dogs will be released for Xbox One later this year
  • Ubisoft is developing "new IPs and digital titles" as well as "episodes of existing franchises" for Xbox One's first 12 months on the market
  • Battlefield 4 will be released on Xbox One
  • Bungie's Destiny has been confirmed for Xbox One
  • Next year's Thief reboot has been announced for Xbox One
  • A new Rare game for Xbox One will be shown at E3 next month
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...all-the-facts/

News/Rumors so far:

Remember XBOX720 was supposed to be revealed at late April (even Spong knows it )? Well I guess its pushed back to May.

Paul Thurrott (of Windows Supersite and Windows Weekly) just tweeted the Durango announcement has been pushed back a month.

XBOX Reveal live streaming links:
Official Xbox Event Reveal Site
Gametrailers Livestream
UStream Gametrailers Link
Gamespot Livestream
IGN Livestream
VG247
Destructoid
Xbox-YOUTUBE
IGN-Youtube
The Verge [Live Blog]

Last edited by lcroft_lc; 17-06-13 at 19:22.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 19:37   #2
Tonyrobinson

I wish they would hurry up and release more information about it.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 19:38   #3
TRfan23
Golden

Noooooooooo...!

They may as well wait until E3 if this is the case, it only starts at the beginning of June. Plus it'd save them money...

But then again I guess it'll drag E3 on and on if they intend to talk a lot about the console.
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 19:49   #4
jajay119

Durago, Xbox Durango

But in all seriousness; I was seriously underwhelmed by Sony's PS4 announcement I don't see anything revolutionary coming from MS either, though I'd loved to be proven wrong. I'm not in for the whole consoles becoming multimedia hubs thing MS and Sony seem to be going for. I'm in it for the games and as such I've recently swapped to PC gaming. But I still have a 360, looking into getting a PS3 soon and will still want a next gen console. So, if MS and Sony are on the level I'm guessing it's gonna be another case of 'who has the most worth while exclusives' again.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 19:55   #5
Caesum

And still no proper information about backwards compatibility? I want to know if I should buy xbox360 already. :I
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 20:11   #6
voltz

Kinect required.
Always online.
Does not support used games.

That's all everyone needs to know.
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 20:20   #7
MrJavi94

Does it require an internet connection in order to play games? I don't like how that sounds.
MrJavi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 20:50   #8
Jami393

Here's a thing to talk about. What happens if the next Xbox isn't called the 720?
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 21:00   #9
TRfan23
Golden

^ Well then it's called something other than the Xbox 720
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 21:00   #10
Sir Croft

^People call it by its actual name?
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote