Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Closed Thread

Old 21-10-14, 15:31   #1071
sackboy123

I know every single post he does is obvious spam but the mods can't do anything because it's on topic, On topic but it's spam

Just looked back at the screenshots in the OP and there look very Impressive
Old 21-10-14, 18:58   #1072
TheTiger

Mymymy, can't you just leave him alone for once? I rather see his friendly posts, than these rude comments of you guys.
Old 21-10-14, 19:03   #1073
Seth94

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTiger View Post
Mymymy, can't you just leave him alone for once? I rather see his friendly posts, than these rude comments of you guys.
This, exactly. Kind of ironic that the posts responding to him are more 'spam' than anything else.
Old 21-10-14, 19:04   #1074
sackboy123

I am leaving him alone, I have him on my Ignore list and then someone has to quote him

I just played more of the Demo and it looks great so far but must not be spoiled, must keep myself away from it for now
Old 21-10-14, 19:07   #1075
TheTiger

Can't you put everyone on your ignore list then? That should solve the issue.

I have played bits of the demo, though i do not like the lighting and the black buildings but notes are being made allready right? Good luck with the rest, DanielPonces and Xopax!

Last edited by TheTiger; 21-10-14 at 19:09.
Old 21-10-14, 19:10   #1076
sackboy123

Then what's the point of me being on TRF

The only thing I find bad about the Demo was the running animation but there fixing that so it's not an issue anymore

Apart from that everything looked good
Old 21-10-14, 19:47   #1077
SunDormant

Sorry guys, but I'm on Ceamonks890 and Boobandie's side.

I'll have to admit that I'm going to be a complete jerk by saying this, since I have no experience in Level Editing and I haven't even played this demo, but this demo is just not really appealing to me. I just looked some images and is not that really different from the TR2 Level design. Most of the textures are even the same, only that they're in HQ, and they still look poor and repetitive.

But I'm sure they're working hard to get better reviews

Last edited by SunDormant; 21-10-14 at 19:49.
Old 21-10-14, 22:49   #1078
Athukraz

Will there be any screenies for Escape from the Maria Doria or any details? I'm already starting to imagine that level.
Old 22-10-14, 02:29   #1079
God Horus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDormant View Post

I'll have to admit that I'm going to be a complete jerk by saying this, since I have no experience in Level Editing and I haven't even played this demo, but this demo is just not really appealing to me. I just looked some images and is not that really different from the TR2 Level design. Most of the textures are even the same, only that they're in HQ, and they still look poor and repetitive.

I agree with them as well.

I know you guys think the game got bad reviews because it is a remake but that is so not true. If the game is well designed it will do well since the review is based largely on game design. My first game was largely a remake but it still did well.

Overall the project looks rushed and it looks like you guys are rushing to throw stuff out there and focusing time on promotional material which won't necessarily help improve the game quality. When people give you critical feedback you need to take that into consideration and make major changes to your level. If you just keep listening to peeves and all these other people who have no LE knowledge telling you how good it looks, this project will be more unsuccessful than TRA Retold (which was a terrible mess).
Old 22-10-14, 08:40   #1080
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDormant View Post

Oh ... well - THAT was cheery.. thanks a lot
YOU try making HD textures - it is far from easy work.. each level takes me several days to remake them..

And what were you expecting? This is a remake after all, of course thew textures are going to be remade.. besides, it isn't the textures problem - if anything, it has to do with how the builders apply them in TRLE..
Even the originally released textures were repetitive, and were actually worse quality and we not faithful at all to TR2 - at least mine are..

I don't see how they are poor either, given that I even used photographs for the textures - so they're hyper realistic
(bare in mind, I did not make the Venice textures, that was another builder)

My HQ textures are from Oil Rig onwards..

A little comparison for everyone - this is obviously only a few examples to showcase, but keep in mind, in all the previously released texture sets, alot of the original TR2 tiles were completely missing.. whether this be Venice, Great Wall, Maria Doria or Tibetan Foothills (all on TRSearch)

Last edited by dcw123; 22-10-14 at 09:12.
Closed Thread