Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 27-09-18, 07:51   #21
A_De

Not to be counted as advertisement, but I'm trying to track and keep in one place items which are released since trsearch is down. There is the downloads section on my site, but it is in Russian so it is a bit difficult to find particular items there

if people are interested I could translate part of the site to English and upload new objects there.

Last edited by A_De; 27-09-18 at 07:57.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-18, 13:12   #22
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Not to be counted as advertisement, but I'm trying to track and keep in one place items which are released since trsearch is down. There is the downloads section on my site, but it is in Russian so it is a bit difficult to find particular items there

if people are interested I could translate part of the site to English and upload new objects there.
Yeah, that could be something! Please do translate it
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-18, 13:32   #23
Ligufaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
There's a lot of risk with dead links. It's gonna be difficult to search for what you want when there's a 30 second wait time between searches. =/
True. It could be helped if we had a section with objects, and one pinned thread with a list of different objects, so no need to use search stuff!
Ligufaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-18, 13:44   #24
klona
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligufaca View Post
True. It could be helped if we had a section with objects, and one pinned thread with a list of different objects, so no need to use search stuff!
It's gonna be a horror to manage.
klona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-18, 01:51   #25
Horus-Goddess

What if each person who makes objects or anything else TRLE related, makes their own thread, then you can have a master thread that links to each of their threads?

Then each person could be responsible for managing their own works, which would probably be a bit easier.

Unless it's for those who've only made one or two things, I guess those could be posted directly in the thread itself.

Just a thought, I don't really know if that would be ideal either. Especially since some works go back many years.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-18, 03:34   #26
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
What if each person who makes objects or anything else TRLE related, makes their own thread, then you can have a master thread that links to each of their threads?

Then each person could be responsible for managing their own works, which would probably be a bit easier.

Unless it's for those who've only made one or two things, I guess those could be posted directly in the thread itself.

Just a thought, I don't really know if that would be ideal either. Especially since some works go back many years.
Terrible for archiving. Most links to items in the XNA section are dead. Google Drives and external hosts all eventually get taken down. And with everything in separate threads it's almost impossible to easily search for categories.

We need a proper site to store our creations hosted by one or more active members on this forum, either externally or via a function on here like photo albums.

Though this leads to a larger question about this community; once you have released an item as freeware, should you be able to take it back? You've mentioned before that there are objects on your TRSearch profile you'd like to take down...but would that sort of practice help or hurt this community?

Last edited by Boobandie; 28-09-18 at 03:37.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-18, 03:47   #27
Horus-Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Terrible for archiving. Most links to items in the XNA section are dead. Google Drives and external hosts all eventually get taken down. And with everything in separate threads it's almost impossible to easily search for categories.

We need a proper site to store our creations hosted by one or more active members on this forum, either externally or via a function on here like photo albums.

Though this leads to a larger question about this community; once you have released an item as freeware, should you be able to take it back? You've mentioned before that there are objects on your TRSearch profile you'd like to take down...but would that sort of practice help or hurt this community?
Yeah that's true... I don't know, just trying to think of an alternative at least for the time being until trsearch is back up (if this happens at all). I don't know how to create a website like that or I would help in some way but it's beyond me.

In my case I'd rather take down works of my original characters mostly, or anything which I feel is extremely outdated at this point. I'm fine with leaving all my Lara skins up since they could still be useful. My personal works were just something I did for fun many years ago. They've only been used at most, twice I think, and some were taken apart and pieces of them used in other things. I think people should still have the option to remove the work they've done if that's what they want to do. There are already many creators who also keep their work exclusive to their own levels and such too.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-18, 04:03   #28
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
Yeah that's true... I don't know, just trying to think of an alternative at least for the time being until trsearch is back up (if this happens at all). I don't know how to create a website like that or I would help in some way but it's beyond me.

In my case I'd rather take down works of my original characters mostly, or anything which I feel is extremely outdated at this point. I'm fine with leaving all my Lara skins up since they could still be useful. My personal works were just something I did for fun many years ago. They've only been used at most, twice I think, and some were taken apart and pieces of them used in other things. I think people should still have the option to remove the work they've done if that's what they want to do. There are already many creators who also keep their work exclusive to their own levels and such too.
Hopefully Kapu's beta shall succeed.

Everyone has works they would rather take down, lots of my old Lara outfits and objects I now see as being really poorly made. However I view that my qualms with them don't matter, other people like them and use them in their levels so who am I to take them back?

Even if you're not fond of your early models, I and I assume many others think they look really cool, and provide a valuable resource for variety in levelbuilding. Every creation in this community is a work of art, no matter how well or poorly made. I believe all should remain up for download long after their creators leave.

Perhaps a future site could have a "Top Picks" function on user collections. Then you could assemble a profile of items and outfits you're proud of, while the others are still available but separated.
Old 28-09-18, 05:24   #29
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Question

I've kept archive.tombraiderhub.com online. Could this be a temp solution for you?
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-18, 05:31   #30
Boobandie

Would you be able to create a Level Editor Resources section?

-Textures
-Sounds
-Animations
-Programs
-Outfits
-Objects

Basic sorting into those categories for now, then they could be refined and reuploaded to whatever future solution is available.