Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 18-12-16, 02:45   #31
larafan25

AOD Lara doesn't seem that different to classic Lara to me. Because she is classic Lara.

She was born from the same womb.

Legend Lara, on the other hand wasn't. She was not born from the same womb. She did not have the same life experience, nor did she respond to the same scenarios in the same way. Although the scenarios were not the same.

AOD Lara really, is a progression of classic Lara in the same way that TR2 Lara is a progression of classic Lara. Or TR3 Lara. Or TR4 Lara.

I think people are thrown off by the changes in voice actresses. But the arch is still seamless.

Could we ever get away with arguing that TRA Lara is more Lara Croft in the Atlantis levels than TR1 Lara was? That would make legiterally no sense.

There's really only one way to make a classic Lara. Which is a Lara who should not even be differentiated as "classic". She's just the Lara tbh.

Last edited by larafan25; 18-12-16 at 02:46.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-16, 06:11   #32
xavecroft

I think that the thing that crystal is missing is her personality traits that define you who you are
Lara has a strong personality you hardly intimidate she's clever and she didn't complain about pain if she feel it she just say nothing also the same with sentiment she's not a huging person she likes to be alone and not be touched
She's badass with a hard gaze and look and very sass and cold with her words
Never sentimental never so emotional at least not when people is watching
Is not so hard to put that in this new Lara
The new comics have it a little so I have the hope they can do it
xavecroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-16, 13:21   #33
redfox45

I think as well as attempting to explain why she is like that I think a big part of what Rhianna was striving for as well as Toby, Eric and co. with the LAU series is to undo the bias that came with that old Lara.

To avoid making baseless assumptions i'll instead bring up an example. Take note of the beginning of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xFskkWLgW4&t=5s

Like Mr Grant i'm sure there are still a lot of people who's mind goes to once place when they hear the name 'Lara Croft'
-Big boobs
-teeny waist
-two handguns, shorts and a ponytail.

I think shifting SO much focus to her emotional and physical vulnerabilities in the past few years is an attempt to shift focus away from what was planted into everyone brain when she blew up in the 90's and attempt to bury that away and move on to where they can make her a real person and implementing struggle in her story is the easiest way to pull that off.

And I think that removing all aspects of emotion and vulnerability would be considered a step backwards even if there are those of us who feel that's more true to who she really is.

Last edited by redfox45; 20-12-16 at 13:23.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-16, 16:43   #34
larafan25

In other words. Some people who felt and thought the same feelings and thoughts that the "idiots" of the world felt and thought, decided to pander to those "idiots".

Because the real Lara Croft is worth that much.

It's trashy of them. r.i.p.

They're going to make these... ew. I'm done. IDEK what u call them... games. Okay? And then they're going to come here. Okay and tell us about these games. And try to convince us and the rest of the world that they are this and that, and that they have value...

but they can't do this with Lara Croft?

Because they did not. They changed her. They didn't take Lara Croft and Lara Croft's story and say "Listen the **** up! We're making a story-driven game centered around Lara Croft's story so you get to understand her better" they instead made a... in marketing and business terms, reboot.

I'm left in utter awe and fascination about Lara Croft. Not sure what they're doing.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-16, 22:02   #35
redfox45

Also Hugh and Meryl should have been savvy enough to not be such dismissive jerks when they were asked that question.

You are on like the MILLIONTH talkshow you've ever been on with someone you aren't particularly familiar with and you don't recognize a segway when you hear it?

Bet they both play the **** outta some candy crush though don't they!?

*sigh* sorry that's neither here nor there. It just gets my back up when people do that, there's no need.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 13:29   #36
Avalon SARL

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavecroft View Post
I think that the thing that crystal is missing is her personality traits that define you who you are
Lara has a strong personality you hardly intimidate she's clever and she didn't complain about pain if she feel it she just say nothing also the same with sentiment she's not a huging person she likes to be alone and not be touched
She's badass with a hard gaze and look and very sass and cold with her words
Never sentimental never so emotional at least not when people is watching
Is not so hard to put that in this new Lara
The new comics have it a little so I have the hope they can do it
As much as this is true, however there is a reason why a person would become like that.

I always go back to the Tomb Raider Movies in terms of how the developers are coming to the ideas they are using.

In fact I link all games, movies, comics etc... together.

Take it for example in the second Tomb Raider Movie, The Cradle of Life, where Terry tell Lara: "you are just afraid of pulling that trigger; afraid of letting anyone in."

Despite if the movie was good or bad, it was trying to depict and say something about Lara Croft; she is complex and cold hearted, but for a reason and that reason was shown in the movie itself where she killed him without any hesitation even though he was someone she loved.

Cd are trying to bring more emphasis on such things and depicting them in a much more professional way, because although someone can be cold hearted since birth, it is not what they want to tell.

They want to show us that Lara Croft was an ordinary, fun, outgoing, fearful girl, but who can do so very well when put in tough situations and that is the character itself;

to show power, courageousness and patience when you are in some difficult situation and watching all those around you betraying you for their own good.

Lt us study Psychiatry; cold hearted people are not born like that; circumstances push them to become who they have become; and that is saying something; somethings you have to read within the storylines of the new games

Also, replay The Last Revelation to see Lara's Character in there.

She was scared, tired and like she did not want to do the quest anymore, but was more like the whole situation was forced all over her and she had to live with it.

Last edited by Avalon SARL; 03-01-17 at 13:51.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 17:05   #37
Patrick star

Rai (as always ) completely spoke my mind on the topic .

Can't wait to see how she'll become During and At the end of Shadow
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 22:25   #38
xavecroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
As much as this is true, however there is a reason why a person would become like that.

I always go back to the Tomb Raider Movies in terms of how the developers are coming to the ideas they are using.

In fact I link all games, movies, comics etc... together.

Take it for example in the second Tomb Raider Movie, The Cradle of Life, where Terry tell Lara: "you are just afraid of pulling that trigger; afraid of letting anyone in."

Despite if the movie was good or bad, it was trying to depict and say something about Lara Croft; she is complex and cold hearted, but for a reason and that reason was shown in the movie itself where she killed him without any hesitation even though he was someone she loved.

Cd are trying to bring more emphasis on such things and depicting them in a much more professional way, because although someone can be cold hearted since birth, it is not what they want to tell.

They want to show us that Lara Croft was an ordinary, fun, outgoing, fearful girl, but who can do so very well when put in tough situations and that is the character itself;

to show power, courageousness and patience when you are in some difficult situation and watching all those around you betraying you for their own good.

Lt us study Psychiatry; cold hearted people are not born like that; circumstances push them to become who they have become; and that is saying something; somethings you have to read within the storylines of the new games

Also, replay The Last Revelation to see Lara's Character in there.

She was scared, tired and like she did not want to do the quest anymore, but was more like the whole situation was forced all over her and she had to live with it.
I'm agree that's why they put Lara in Yamatai now in rise I was hoping more a person like I described but I have hope that she will like that in shadow

You read the new comic and the novel ? She's more classic Lara there but more real
So I find strange that this development isn't in rise except the end was brilliant
xavecroft is offline   Reply With Quote