Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Old 13-07-12, 18:29   #21
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
The game should be at least a couple hundred MB, well on the 360 it will be something like that size.
Your information is a bit off, isn't it? Guardian of Light (on 360) is a 2.01GB download, it's the largest size that a game is allowed to be on XBLA.
But what relation it has to the PS3 version, I have no idea. It's irrelevant really.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-12, 18:50   #22
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
Your information is a bit off, isn't it? Guardian of Light (on 360) is a 2.01GB download, it's the largest size that a game is allowed to be on XBLA.
But what relation it has to the PS3 version, I have no idea. It's irrelevant really.
OK so I was actually way off in the size of GoL because I was actually guessing, but it still weird that it is only 2KB on the PS3 according to Alex.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-12, 19:10   #23
Spong

Quote:
OK so I was actually way off in the size of GoL because I was actually guessing, but it still weird that it is only 2KB on the PS3 according to Alex.
I'm sure Alex was just getting confused with his filesizes and was probably talking about the unlock code once he'd already downloaded the actual game.
Old 13-07-12, 20:01   #24
Jami393

Quote:
I'm sure Alex was just getting confused with his filesizes and was probably talking about the unlock code once he'd already downloaded the actual game.
Yeah you could be right, if not then there is really something going on when he downloads GoL on his PS3.
Old 14-07-12, 03:53   #25
Denis

Quote:
Yeah you could be right, if not then there is really something going on when he downloads GoL on his PS3.
1st people must download the demo version and install it, after that download the unlock key and the game should unlock properly
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-12, 08:29   #26
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
1st people must download the demo version and install it, after that download the unlock key and the game should unlock properly
Well I didn't know, because it isn't like that on the 360. So really it sounds a lot more hassle for PS players.
Old 16-07-12, 12:51   #27
Alex Shepherd

Quote:
Quote:
Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Shepherd View Post
Tomb Raider trailer (I can't remember how many mb)
But the full game is only 2KB (and it took me a second to download the full)

So it's not a big deal anyway.
We must first download the trailer, and then download the full game and it's an big deal it's the same as downloading a game at once, because the second (full game) take 1 second to be done

I hope this time I make it more clear.
Alex Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-12, 14:06   #28
Spong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Shepherd View Post
We must first download the trailer, and then download the full game and it's an big deal it's the same as downloading a game at once, because the second (full game) take 1 second to be done

I hope this time I make it more clear.
Not really.

Why would you be expected to download a trailer before you can download a game from PSN? I don't own a PS3 so I don't know how PSN works, but it seems to me that you're confused or you're getting your description wrong as to what it is/was that you downloaded.

What you say doesn't make sense unless, when you say you downloaded the Tomb Raider trailer, you actually meant you downloaded the demo (which is the full game but locked). Then, when you actually buy it, all you download is an unlock code.
Old 16-07-12, 16:50   #29
Thirteen

You don't need to download the trailer, but you need to DL the demo first (which is considerable in size), then the "full game" which is only a few kBs. In truth, the full game just unlocks the rest of the game which is included in the demo file, as many people have mentioned.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-12, 20:46   #30
Alex Shepherd

Quote:
Not really.

Why would you be expected to download a trailer before you can download a game from PSN? I don't own a PS3 so I don't know how PSN works, but it seems to me that you're confused or you're getting your description wrong as to what it is/was that you downloaded.

What you say doesn't make sense unless, when you say you downloaded the Tomb Raider trailer, you actually meant you downloaded the demo (which is the full game but locked). Then, when you actually buy it, all you download is an unlock code.
I am not confused or anything, you're wrong in addition that you're giving an information from your own since you don't have PS3
I downloaded the full game and it didn't work and its only 2KB, then I downloaded the trailer and the game works properly, it says (Lara Croft and the Gaurdian of Light trailer) and the other is (Lara Croft and the Gaurdian of Light full game) if I am wrong then PS3, sony, crystal dynamics are wrong.
Please make sure what it says on PS3 then come and post, because you're totally wrong about EVERYTHING. (I am not trying to make an enemey you know)
Alex Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote