Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 23-07-16, 08:48   #24021
ThatSassyKid

Platinum Demo.
It didn't even have any RPG aspects to it at all, so that isn't why I hated it.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-16, 10:09   #24022
AshesBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Platinum Demo.
It didn't even have any RPG aspects to it at all, so that isn't why I hated it.
It's not a proper demo, though. It was released just to show off the engine, and most of it won't be in the final game.
AshesBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-16, 10:10   #24023
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
It's not a proper demo, though. It was released just to show off the engine, and most of it won't be in the final game.
I'll take your word for it
Old 23-07-16, 16:36   #24024
LarasFan

What Ashes said. The demo that was released for everyone to play was a Tech Demo, only to showcase how weather looks like and the day and night cycle. The gameplay was a mere taste of change for they made since Episode Duscae.

Trust me when I say, the final game will be nothing like the tech demo. Plus you also played a demo where you don't have no party members and zero story xD Don't take it to serious. Now if you played Episode Duscae and didn't like it, then can't say much :/
LarasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-16, 17:06   #24025
Hyper_Crazy

I wouldn't worry about lack of RPG elements in the demo, that's not what the demo is about. As mentioned above, Platinum Demo is suppose to show off the technology and a small snippet of the combat.

Combat is really barebones as there's only 4 pieces of equipment (Shield and Shuriken are "hidden"), and in the full game we'll have Ignis, Prompto and Gladiolus to back Noctis up and perform combos and moves (they're not directly playable).

The world is apparently huge, and the director did say there were over 200 side-quests and this is still increasing, so there'll be lots of exploring - hopefully there's a nice variety and not an obscene amount of fetch quests. The Hunt system from XII is returning and hunts were one of the best parts about XII so it should all be dandy.
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-16, 20:30   #24026
ThatSassyKid

How do I get this other demo?
Old 23-07-16, 20:34   #24027
LarasFan

Quote:
How do I get this other demo?
By buying FF type-0.... Or if you manage by someone selling it online xD It's not so much as a demo, but more like a 2 hour monster hunting mission. Plus you can take your sweet time with it since it's 200x bigger than the platinum demo you played. Also, it has story in it, and party member

If you can't get it, I suggest you look at a walkthrough online... It's not that big, but it gives you a big idea of what FFXV actually is all about.
Old 23-07-16, 20:36   #24028
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarasFan View Post
By buying FF type-0.... Or if you manage by someone selling it online xD It's not so much as a demo, but more like a 2 hour monster hunting mission. Plus you can take your sweet time with it since it's 200x bigger than the platinum demo you played. Also, it has story in it, and party member

If you can't get it, I suggest you look at a walkthrough online... It's not that big, but it gives you a big idea of what FFXV actually is all about.
I'll definitely watch a walkthrough
I'm not willing to buy a game just for a demo
Old 23-07-16, 20:42   #24029
LarasFan

Quote:
I'll definitely watch a walkthrough
I'm not willing to buy a game just for a demo
Hahah XD FFtype-0 has got a pretty decent story. However I do not recommend it to be your first ever FF to play. You can just wait 2 months and FFXV will be out. I believe honestly that it will be one of the best FF to date.

After you watch the walkthough, if you think it could be your style of game, you should give the anime (5 episodes, that's uploaded on FF's youtube page) a shot. Give you more lore on the story of each of the protagonists, and how they came to be friends.

Also, a movie is coming out in August, so you can give that a shot aswell
Old 24-07-16, 22:58   #24030
tombfan91

Re-playing Final Fantasy x for the pc and I must say I love this game but I forgot how much I hated BLITZBALL!! So many hours just to get the Jupiter sigil. Wish they would have fixed it to where it was random and that you didn't have to get all of Wakka's reels to then get the sigil . I dread this side quest the most!!! lol..... vent over
tombfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote