www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Debate and Political Discussion

Old 18-01-17, 12:06   #601
Zebra
Tomb Raider

Not to mention that those immigrants need to go through the asylum process first which tends to be quite long. By the time they're accepted (if they are accepted), chances are many of them have already started putting down roots where they are (learning the language, making friends, working,...) and aren't overly motivated to move all over again. Keep in mind that most of these people are refugees. They've already got a long and arduous journey behind them, they probably wouldn't be particularly eager to move to yet another new country with yet another new language and culture.

I was always under the impression (though I may be wrong) that one of the main problems Leavers had with freedom of movement was Eastern European immigrants coming over to the UK.
Old 20-01-17, 17:47   #602
TRfan23
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I was always under the impression (though I may be wrong) that one of the main problems Leavers had with freedom of movement was Eastern European immigrants coming over to the UK.
Pretty much nearly everybody that doesn't look British, it's just that some EU countries tend to be more laxed with immigration than we are, so non-EU migrants could travel there. Thus allowing them to travel to our country because we're in the EU.

My dad's step-dad is very good example of someone who doesn't like anybody foreign, Black African and Arabic people are on his top lists of people he hates.

I know it sounds like I'm dissing leave voters but I'm not, I only voted remain as my interest is primarily economic than immigration related. But I'm interested to see what happens once we've moved away from the EU.