Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 10-09-10, 08:58   #1
LNSNHGTDS

Default Zip and Alistair revealing everything to you in Legend?

I have seen in many threads something I really can't understand.People were saying that Zip and Alistair where guiding you through the headset...

They never,ever told me something useful or revealed something to me via the headset and I just wanted to know if they where "guiding" you or not.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-10, 09:54   #2
Legend 4ever

Not at all. I'd really like to hear people give examples of it.
Legend 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-10, 10:02   #3
LNSNHGTDS

Me too,you'll see it in every hate/love Legend thread,nearly every one of them,it was in mine at least.
Old 10-09-10, 10:14   #4
ShadyCroft

^Are you serious ? They DID do some guiding, even reveal solutions or give hints...not just them, but also Lara herself.

How about in Japan, before you enter the laser protected corridor. Zip warns you about "something" before you even set foot in it, and when Lara interacts with the ball ornament she says "I may make good use of it!"

How about the camera sometimes panning around to show you the way, such as when taking the high way to escape from the tomb in Peru.

and when you get stuck in the dais room in Nepal, Zip says "Hey, how about you give that sword a swing"

There's more but I can't remember at the mo.
ShadyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-10, 10:21   #5
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyCroft View Post
^Are you serious ? They DID do some guiding, even reveal solutions or give hints...not just them, but also Lara herself.

How about in Japan, before you enter the laser protected corridor. Zip warns you about "something" before you even set foot in it, and when Lara interacts with the ball ornament she says "I may make good use of it!"

How about the camera sometimes panning around to show you the way, such as when taking the high way to escape from the tomb in Peru.

and when you get stuck in the dais room in Nepal, Zip says "Hey, how about you give that sword a swing"

There's more but I can't remember at the mo.
I remember the corridor,when Zip warns you,I've never heared Lara saying "I may make good use of it." The camera has nothing to do with Zip or Alistair... It didn't really helped the "How about swinging Excaibur once?" to open the door,he said it before you got there,just after the cutscene ended.
Old 10-09-10, 11:02   #6
lord gaga

They were just there to keep you company.nothing more,nothing less. zip made travel arangments,winston cleaned,cooked and packed and that alistare creature was homeless so lara adoptied it
lord gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-10, 15:31   #7
ShadyCroft

What about Lara saying "what an odd place for a bike, and a nice one too" hinting that you need to get to the motorbike whatever and not to get side tracked
or when you approach the broken bridge, she mentions something about it not being functional but may put it to good use.

and he does say to swing the sword when you approach the staircase to the exit.

What about telling you to use the binoculars when you enter the tomb in Peru.
Old 10-09-10, 15:37   #8
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
What about Lara saying "what an odd place for a bike, and a nice one too" hinting that you need to get to the motorbike whatever and not to get side tracked
or when you approach the broken bridge, she mentions something about it not being functional but may put it to good use.

and he does say to swing the sword when you approach the staircase to the exit.

What about telling you to use the binoculars when you enter the tomb in Peru.
I'm going to remind you again that we're talking about Zip and Alistair,not Lara the camera or anyone else.

I'm 100% sure that he says it right after the cutscene,at least in the PS2 version.

Okay the binocular thing as well is a hint as well...I must say you're right here but still.most of the time Zip and Alistair are either arguing or talking about Amanda or Excalibur or her father or her mother or about the plane crash.
Old 10-09-10, 16:08   #9
ShadyCroft

^true, but then again people aren't just complaining about them giving hints , its also that they talked too much at every step and it killed the atmosphere and ambient.

And to extend the argument of hints and solutions which a lot of people complain about it when arguing about Legend, besides Z and A, I've also mentioned Lara herself saying sth, the camera, and also the little icons that appear on the screen.

But yes, you're talking about Z and A...just wanted to side track for a bit if you dont mind
Old 10-09-10, 16:16   #10
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
^true, but then again people aren't just complaining about them giving hints , its also that they talked too much at every step and it killed the atmosphere and ambient.

And to extend the argument of hints and solutions which a lot of people complain about it when arguing about Legend, besides Z and A, I've also mentioned Lara herself saying sth, the camera, and also the little icons that appear on the screen.

But yes, you're talking about Z and A...just wanted to side track for a bit if you dont mind
They killed the atmosphere a bit...well a lot but I personally liked them xD

You're right Lara is annoying sometimes,she pretty much gives away everything.If you stand for a moment somewhere eg.The ramp in Japan,the one you must cross with the motorbike,she says something,I don't remember what and it pretty much gives you a hint that you have to use a vehicle and the only one available on the roof was the motorbike.