Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 25-11-08, 21:06   #1
tranniversary119

Lightbulb Space Level?

I know what your thinking what a stupid idea! But not necessarily. When you hear the word space you automatically think Aliens,Spaceships,Moons,Starts, ETC. But perhaps if it was done the right way it would be fun and believable. Say Lara stumbles upon a portal much like the ones she finds in Underworld+Legend but out of curiosity she pulls out the sword and it leads her into these different planets that are sustainable for life and each could contain different ruins+other weird things Crystal could come up with.
tranniversary119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-08, 21:07   #2
laralover_07

Great Idea!

Then we'd be no longer restricted to Earth's Ideas; Gravity, religion, Weather...
laralover_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-08, 21:30   #3
Rivendell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranniversary119 View Post
Say Lara stumbles upon a portal much like the ones she finds in Underworld+Legend but out of curiosity she pulls out the sword and it leads her into these different planets that are sustainable for life and each could contain different ruins+other weird things Crystal could come up with...
...before getting sued by MGM.
Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-08, 21:30   #4
tranniversary119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendell View Post
...before getting sued by MGM.
Thought that would come up There's always different ways of her getting they're besides portals of course.
tranniversary119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-08, 21:32   #5
Gomes

It could be interesting if she goes in an actual shuttle to do some archeology in Mars/ Remember all these myths people created about human constructions there? Also, there's recent news that there is water and quite possibly life.
Gomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-08, 21:41   #6
Danny Blazy

Yeah, sure ! I'm not a huge fan of space-related things, but I guess it'd be interesting. But please... no space-related storyline. Like, I don't want the main storyline to be set in space. Lara can go over there just to find an artifact or something, but I don't want the game to have only one location: space (including various planets/stars/whatever). That's just me, though .

*imagines Lara in a astronaut suit... flashback of the extreme depth suit*
Danny Blazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-08, 21:59   #7
BASEnutter

Anyone read the Alex Rider books? She could go to a space station, not necassaraly on mars itself simply because of the time taken etc. But a space station wouldn't be something completely weird...

Like a laboratory inside a satellite in space where an artefact has been taken to experiment with...I dont know. I'm not imaginitive today.

EDIT: The connection with Alex rider books is Ark Angel, where he goes up to the space hotel to dismantle a bomb.

Last edited by BASEnutter; 25-11-08 at 22:00.
BASEnutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-08, 22:45   #8
TRhalloween

I have this idea for a level where Lara finds an ancient church inside a tomb somewhere. Lara is trying to retrieve something she needs e.g artefact but she can't find it anywhere, though just as she leaves a column breaks and the roof collapses revealing what looks like outer space (she can breathe somehow lol), where there is a HUGE temple. Lara smiles and exits the church and goes out into the space area.

I know it's crazy but I had to spit it out!
TRhalloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 00:52   #9
trXD
Inactive

Sorry that sounds too un-tomb raider to me.
trXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 00:52   #10
LaraLuvrrr
Inactive

I don't think space would work.. Unless you tie it into archaeology. Like the Egyptians and Mayans believed that Gods were cosmos and they studied space. I rather a being from space come to earth like Area 51 then Lara go to space.
LaraLuvrrr is offline   Reply With Quote