Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 08-12-16, 21:42   #11
Joey79100

I've looked through some files, and wanted to try something like the reverb presets the bass library provides.
There's a function, and there are some presets, so I thought I'd just add something like that to my code for now, just to test it:
Code:
BASS_SetEAXParameters(EAX_PRESET_ARENA);
Aaaaand obviously it isn't as simple as it could have been, because the function can't be found, even if it is in bass.h and that this file is included for the plugin code file.

Anyway, I should finish the exercises, because I'm definitely far too inexperienced with C++ for now.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 23:22   #12
GeekOfComedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
I've looked through some files, and wanted to try something like the reverb presets the bass library provides.
There's a function, and there are some presets, so I thought I'd just add something like that to my code for now, just to test it:
Code:
BASS_SetEAXParameters(EAX_PRESET_ARENA);
Aaaaand obviously it isn't as simple as it could have been, because the function can't be found, even if it is in bass.h and that this file is included for the plugin code file.

Anyway, I should finish the exercises, because I'm definitely far too inexperienced with C++ for now.
Thanks for your continued effort. I emulated the PS version and the effects with the echos of her foot steps or grunts are amazing! Be great to have it on PC!
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 09:13   #13
Joey79100

And with PS sound effects are in lower quality. So, imagine how it would sound with our quality...

I know there are some services that are using functions that probably talk to bass, but... Can we see the code of these services? It seems there's no source code for Tomb_NextGeneration.dll but I thought it was meant to be included for TRNG 1.3.0.0. Maybe it wasn't planed, or Paolone forgot to include it?
(or maybe I just overlooked it... )
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 18:33   #14
AODfan

Did anyone try to do the cleaner robot yet? It says to use the cube code from the previous tutorial but if I do that, the robot won't turn. It just moves halfway through the wall before it explodes
I also made sure that I have exactly the same code as in the tutorial. The cube is still working fine but the robot seems to be broken
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 01:35   #15
AkyV

I am just in Chapter 3, with the cleaner robot. Just started, in the morning I will try what you say. (Not that previous chapters, mostly Chapter 2 are 100 % clear for me...)

------------------------

How can I reach/call the memory zone fields (named in TRNG.dll triggers) in the source files?
Later, if I am not such a dumb of DLL making (I hope it happens...), then I'd like to make functions/triggers with them, not using TRNG.dll triggers. (One reason: I don't want to use those Local/Global Alfa/Beta variables with them, but customized variables. No way to do that with exported TRNG.dll triggers.)

EDIT:
I mean, literally. I need the exact identification of these fields. Paolone tells something in the triggers.htm, but I don't get it. And that surely doesn't identify the fields, just the route.

EDIT2:
AODfan, I suspect what your reason is. You probably have installed in NG Center the complete plugin of the cleaner robot, made for Paolone's tutorial project. Uninstall it.

Last edited by AkyV; 10-12-16 at 18:09.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 14:45   #16
AODfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
EDIT2:
AODfan, I suspect what your reason is. You probably have installed in NG Center the complete plugin of the cleaner robot, made for Paolone's tutorial project. Uninstall it.
No, I only have the (mostly empty) plugin_trng.dll that you're supposed to start with. I must have a typo somewhere in my code but I can't find it.

Edit: Found the problem. I forgot to add the code that actually changed the orientation of the robot:
Code:
if (Direction != 0) {
	GET.pItem->OrientationH += Direction;
}
Problem solved

Last edited by AODfan; 10-12-16 at 20:31.
Old 11-12-16, 17:05   #17
AODfan

I got a little impatient with the tutorials and started working on some of the objects I need for my TR1 project. I'm currently working on TR1-3 styled rollingballs and I think they turned out quite good so far
I only need to figure out how to give them a falling animation (instead of having them immediately reach the lowest floor) but everything else is working fine so far

Last edited by AODfan; 11-12-16 at 17:08.
Old 11-12-16, 17:11   #18
TheTiger

It IS happening. Great job!
TheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-16, 17:14   #19
Raider99

That was really quick!
Congrats, it's working flawlessly!
I'm still at the magic flare tutorial...
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-16, 17:18   #20
Xopax

This is awesome.
Xopax is offline   Reply With Quote