Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 14-11-18, 14:47   #13621
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I'm already at the stage where I believe we won't get a sequel. I don't know what plans they had in place for a sequel, seeing how Shadow performed or something else maybe. But Alicia seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth, so may not be available.
Alicia has only two announced projects, and she always was sort of private. I still say to wait until 2019. If by the end of that year nothing has come I think it's safe to assume no sequel will be made.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 21:28   #13622
Grizzly Bear

Now I'm accepting te fact that we won't get another movie; so if they announce a sequel it will be a pleasantl surprise, otherwise I won't be mad about it; but it would be such a shame.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 22:10   #13623
Soma Holiday

I still have hope. The movie did great in China and tripled its budget with dvd sales included. Its about to premiere on HBO which is the must have premium channel. Tomb Raider is a highly sought after brand with untapped potential that I doubt the production company or whoever will want to lose the rights to. If we dont get another Vikander film they will likely reboot it again in 2 to 3 years. That seems to be popular these days, reboot till you get it "right" aka make a billion dollars.

China is a huge market I mean look at Venom making 111 million opening there. I think the TR film doing so well there may save it. I can easily see a sequel heavy with Lu Ren/Chinese history having a 100 million opening there too. They just gotta make sure they dont do anything to get it banned in China. Id be happy with a new plot that doesnt follow Rise or Shadow.

I still can't believe this movie only needed LESS THAN 1 MILLION to beat the first AJ film. So bitter about that haha.

Last edited by Soma Holiday; 14-11-18 at 22:14.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 23:04   #13624
TrustyBow

With them putting it on HBO, I have hope. I also saw Red Box was marketing it hard. I think the studio might just be trying to milk this film for all the money they can get before announcing a sequel.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-18, 01:35   #13625
AimlessThunder

Hopefully they are going to include this scene in the next movie, but in a snowy landscape

AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-18, 08:01   #13626
ccroft2003

I'd be happy if they didn't follow the RISE/SHADOW storyline too... TBH I'm not sure how well it would fit with how the changed the story with Ana in the movie anyway?

Yes, the games had some great set-pieces but overall the story was pretty rubbish and un-interesting and felt rushed by the end of Shadow. They could easily fit RISE and Shadow into one movie, mixing it up half way through? Starting the movie off with Lara in snowy Russia where Ana gets killed and ending in the Peruvian jungle.
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-18, 12:01   #13627
FanosCroft

I really hope we they annouce a sequel, even the bad reviews were like "BUT, I wouldn't mind a sequel", everyone wants a sequel so bad omg, it has soo much potential to turn into a successful franchise if it has great promo material (it really matters a lot) and a better non-cliche story.
It needed to make $275M to break even, it only made $273M, maybe the big bosses will give it a second chance.
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-18, 15:28   #13628
Soma Holiday

Its made 12 million in physical sales in the US per the-numbers site. So thats a 10m profit at least, not counting streaming rights and international sales. No idea if that includes digital sales either.

Also no idea if those numbers are good.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/To...ab=video-sales
Old 17-11-18, 15:57   #13629
Ellioft

I'm sure they wait to milk the movie for the holidays
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-18, 16:01   #13630
Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I'm sure they wait to milk the movie for the holidays
Its premiering on HBO Saturday im sad because my satellite provider has blocked HBO over a legal dispute so Im missing all the ads! i wanted to see how they promoted it.