www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Community > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 06-11-17, 20:49   #821
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

I have serious withdrawals from this game. I didn't even get far and then my cousin loaned the game and she has had it ever since. Not that I really complain... She loves the game to death and plays it a lot and she doesn't really have the money to buy new games so much. But still, I am really aching to play this again...

And the DLC trailer looks amazing!
Old 07-11-17, 07:31   #822
HD Simplicityy
Historian

Bought the DLC in the afternoon...several hours before 9Pm launch time in the Pacific Time Zone. Started it a hair after 9
ALOYS BAAACCKK!
Old 07-11-17, 15:39   #823
irishhips
Tomb Raider

Bugger, the DLC is 9gb to download

Maybe i should wait for the GOTY version since it be on that but again will my game save will work with GOTY main game
Old 09-11-17, 14:01   #824
anniversarytr11
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishhips View Post
Bugger, the DLC is 9gb to download

Maybe i should wait for the GOTY version since it be on that but again will my game save will work with GOTY main game
GOTY editions of PS4 games seem to have a trend of being counted as a completely different game with a different trophy list and game saves from the original are not compatible so I wouldn't risk it. Whats wrong with the DLC being 9GB? That's pretty standard nowadays, most game patches are 2-3 GB's.
anniversarytr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 15:40   #825
irishhips
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniversarytr11 View Post
Whats wrong with the DLC being 9GB? That's pretty standard nowadays, most game patches are 2-3 GB's.
I have limited data
Old 21-11-17, 13:10   #826
DragonSlayer
Professor

Some tips for anyone that is attempting or has yet to attempt the trials at the hunting grounds in The Frozen Wilds.

For the control trial use an upgraded stormslinger doing so will make this trial much easier and target the ravager first it has a tendency to run outside the trial area once the shooting starts the watchers and scrappers can wait until the ravager has been dealt with.

For the onslaught and chieftains trials use the lodge blast sling and blast bombs on all the enemies and bring lots and lots and lots of blaze don't bother using fire arrows on the daemonic scorchers in the chieftains trial they don't do much damage and the scorchers move about too much to be able to continuously fire arrows at them just use the lodge blast sling and blast bombs and you'll do fine with this challenge.

For anyone that hasn't unlocked the 5 machines repaired trophy it only works on non-dlc enemies I tried finding a frostclaw and a scorcher to repair but couldn't find any that weren't daemonic I travelled back to the main game and repaired a broadleaf and a longlegs, the other 3 a sawtooth, a charger and a watcher I was able to repair in banuk territory when I started The Frozen Wilds I hadn't visited the cauldrons that let me override the broadhead and the longlegs.

If anyone is planning on doing The Frozen Wilds on ultra hard difficulty my advice is don't 4 daemonic frostclaws are difficult enough to deal with on easy difficulty, trying to take on one daemonic frostclaw on UHD let alone 4 daemonic frostclaws would be suicide, also playing the dlc on UHD makes the hunting grounds trials much harder than they need to be I haven't played the dlc on UHD and I don't intend to the only enemy from the main game that is equal to the daemonic machines would be the deathbringer in the final mission on UHD.

Now I know what the terminator felt like when he said he needed a vacation at the end of T2, speaking of vacations I'm off to Meridian to listen to those priests singing to the spire every time I visit Meridian I always go to listen to them if they are there

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 21-11-17 at 13:19.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote