Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 23-08-12, 21:19   #1
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Arrow Heavenly Sword (General Thread)

Heavenly Sword is a video game developed by Ninja Theory exclusively for the PlayStation 3 console and published by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. The game was released on September 12, 2007 in North America and Japan; September 14, 2007 in the United Kingdom and Ireland; September 20, 2007 in Australia, New Zealand and Mainland Europe; and November 15, 2007 elsewhere the rest of world.

Animated Mini-Series

Quote:
A series of Heavenly Sword animated episodes were released prior to the launch of the game itself, acting as a prequel to the events of the game. The series, which consists of five episodes, was produced by London production company Blinkink and animated by CHASE animation studios. The videos were made available both online and through the PlayStation Store. The first two videos were also included on the retail version of the game; the latter three videos were not ready in time to be included. The videos are based on where the heavenly sword is from, the clan protecting the sword, the origins of Bohan, divine birth, Nariko's training when she was a child and battles before the game.

Quote:
Alleged Heavenly Sword 2 Concept Art Leaks
The flame-haired Nariko appears in a desert setting using her distinctive blades.

Concept art for what was supposedly planned to be Heavenly Sword 2 has leaked online showing off Nariko in what appears to be a desert setting.

A series of nine images appeared on AllGamesBeta purporting to be from a planned sequel to the 2007 hack and slash adventure that never materialised.

Though they haven't been confirmed, the art style seems pretty similar to the supporting artwork that we saw before the original title was released. A sequel to Heavenly Sword has been talked about for years; the game was originally planned as being the first in a trilogy, but since Ninja Theory has recently focused on multi-platform development, it seems increasingly unlikely that a follow-up to the PS3 exclusive will happen.

Ninja Theory is currently working on the Devil May Cry reboot, DmC, which is due out on January 15, 2013. They previously worked on Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, the art style of which was very clearly inspired by Heavenly Sword.

You can check out some of the leaked concept art below, or head over to AGB for more.

[Source]

Anyone else a fan of this PS3 gem? I still pray one day a sequel will happen. (Only if Ninja Theory do it)

Last edited by Carbonek_0051; 23-08-12 at 21:27.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-12, 21:21   #2
Zebra

Saw that HS2 concept art today. It's by Sony Cambridge, though. Not by Ninja Theory. I'm not sure if all of this is true but Siliconera has some information on the game:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/22...pired-enemies/
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-12, 21:23   #3
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

*Sigh* I guess I could accept the idea of Sony Cambridge doing it, but only if the cast and writer come back for it. I don't imagine it being as good as the first one though.

It's sad that it's never going to happen though. WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO US?! Thanks for the link, Zebra.
Old 23-08-12, 21:27   #4
Zebra

I wonder if it's true that Rhianna actually finished the story for part 2 and if it is, I wonder if Sony has it. It's kinda strange that Kai doesn't seem to be in any of the concepts.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-12, 21:28   #5
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

I wonder as well, would they be able to use it if they ever planned on doing the sequel? Or would they have to start from scratch?
Old 23-08-12, 21:47   #6
interstellardave

Another game in my backlog that I need to play... I believe it might be short, though, so maybe it would be a good thing to play this weekend?
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-12, 21:48   #7
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
Another game in my backlog that I need to play... I believe it might be short, though, so maybe it would be a good thing to play this weekend?
It's not too short, took me about 8-9 hours. Definitely a game you need to play though. It's quite underrated, I kind of prefer it to God of War (and I love GoW).
Old 23-08-12, 21:50   #8
interstellardave

I think I might play it this weekend. I'm sure I can get 8-9 hours in from friday night to sunday night.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-12, 21:51   #9
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Awesome, can't wait to hear what you think of it.
Old 23-08-12, 21:56   #10
WillG

First game I ever got for my PS3. I remember being totally blown away by it!
WillG is offline   Reply With Quote