Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 09-02-17, 19:30   #21
Isaac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
No it's not. Or we just don't know yet.
When you think better it's realistic and what many kids would do in these situations. And btw. i am sure that it won't be that bad as you described it.
No it's not.

Did you really willingly left your parents when you were young in unsafe places? How many time did you almost got yourself killed? Do you know any kids who just wander around often, leaving the sight of their parents at multiple occasions?

You'd expect that during the medieval era, kids would have been taught to be careful or autonomous at least.
"will often wander and get in dangerous situation" just translate to me as a braindead kid. I get that you are interested in the game but you can't deny the potential flaws with this idea. We're playing a game, not babysitting a suicidal kid.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 19:38   #22
Emix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
No it's not.

Did you really willingly left your parents when you were young in unsafe places? How many time did you almost got yourself killed? Do you know any kids who just wander around often, leaving the sight of their parents at multiple occasions?

You'd expect that during the medieval era, kids would have been taught to be careful or autonomous at least.
"will often wander and get in dangerous situation" just translate to me as a braindead kid. I get that you are interested in the game but you can't deny the potential flaws with this idea. We're playing a game, not babysitting a suicidal kid.
These two kids are alone now, their parents are killed. Surrounded by hundreds of rats, darkness and ppl wanting to kill them.
Also we are talking about the game here, not real life.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 18:48   #23
Jankrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
These two kids are alone now, their parents are killed. Surrounded by hundreds of rats, darkness and ppl wanting to kill them.
Also we are talking about the game here, not real life.
So PC finally gets its own Last of Us.
Jankrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-17, 14:38   #24
Emix

Finally a trailer!

Looks very interesting.

Can thread title be changed to "A Plague Tale: Innocence" pls?
Old 14-06-17, 15:20   #25
Blackmoor

Like it!

My kind of thing... dark medieval looking towns, and little brother with sister searching a way through....
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-17, 15:30   #26
Isaac

"Amicia, stay close to me", it feels so unatural and forced... ugh I can already feel I will dislike the pointless brat.

What is it with video games developer forcing kids to be so annoying in crisis situation.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-17, 18:26   #27
Emix

IGN Preview:

Quote:
Set in France during the Middle-ages, A Plague Tale: Innocence is an action-adventure game where a young sister and brother must fight to survive both the Inquisition and swarms of hungry plague rats. While the hands-off demo we saw was a proof of concept and won't be featured as-is in the final game, it left a strong impression with its dark atmosphere, intuitive puzzle design, and warm relationship between the two leads. It's also sure to haunt your dreams with scurrying, disease-infested rodents.

You control Amicia, 14, whereas little brother Hugo, 5, accompanies you and acts as an assist character. The objective of the demo was for Amicia to rescue Hugo from some Inquisition soldiers and then locate their mother. The obstacles in your way are lantern-holding soldiers and swarms of rats that hate the light, so right from the start it's clear you'll need to play one against the other.

Amicia isn't a fighter, so she must get by on her wits. By launching a stone with her slingshot from a safe distance she can destroy a soldier's lantern, allowing the rats to close in and eat him alive.

After freeing Hugo, the pair enter the nearby church after hearing a call from their mother. This area proved to be a more elaborate puzzle that required multiple moves to get to the altar on the other side of a swarm of rats. Even though it's fairly easy to stay clear of the rats (at least in this zone), the sounds of their squeaking and scratching are a constant, unnerving reminder that death by a thousand bites awaits you should you screw things up. Hugo proved to be pivotal here because he can fit into small spaces Amicia can't reach, in this case to find a torch. A few lit braziers and slingshot throws later and all the obstacles were cleared to a lantern that allowed the duo to progress.

This is where things took an eerie and chilling turn, as the altar led way to a long tunnel lined with the bones of hundreds of human skeletons. The rats refused to follow and there was no sign of life inside save for the call of dear mother off in the darkness. That's where the demo ended, leaving me with the sense that this game has much more in store than meets the eye.

Both the visuals and the characters were impressive. The moody setting was sharply rendered with excellent looking character models, and the sparing use of light created an ominous environment for all the puzzle-solving. But it's the caring relationship between Amicia and Hugo that really won me over; their dynamic formed the tender heart to this macabre gameworld.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/...fba4536a00000a

Sounds great!!
Old 16-06-17, 18:31   #28
Revenge

Oooh this game looks really interesting now ! Kinda Lara with a torch against scarabs in TR4, but at a bigger scale
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-17, 20:00   #29
NoahCrofRaider

Oh, this definitely seems interesting now. I can't wait to see some gameplay. Was any shown at E3?
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-17, 11:05   #30
Emix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Oh, this definitely seems interesting now. I can't wait to see some gameplay. Was any shown at E3?
Only behind the closed doors. It's a gameplay demo, that might not even be in the final version of the game. But it probably will.

All the previews so far are very, very positive and ppl and journalists who saw the gameplay demo say that it's impressive.